No announcement yet.

attendance issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just gave away twenty or so extras to the local Boys and Girls club - I'm imagining those seats will be filled with some extra loud kids!
    "Say it slowly and savor it..."
    Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
      Just went to get 2 GA tickets to game, 88 bucks for 2 GA tickets that students didn’t want for free...just can’t bring myself to do it.

Hate to say it, I’m not rich but not poor and don’t consider myself cheap (sometimes I’m what I consider an irresponsible spender) but 44 bucks for a GA seat to a college basketball game doesn’t seem like even a remotely good value.
      In recent history the GA tickets unused by students were $20.

Have I lost my mind or does anyone else remember this?

Comment

• Glad to see that the ticket office is taking action. Sad to see that it seems to have taken prodding by 3G to make it happen. Better late than never though.

I hope they don’t now think ‘Alright that box is checked, done’. If there isn’t a well-publicized capability to donate tickets by app (not email, not phone) within a month, that’s a bad sign. I‘d be surprised if that capability doesn’t exist in the engine that powers the existing Go Shockers app apparently produced by Sidearm Sports, such that WSU just needs to enable it, maybe pay them more to enable it. If that function doesn’t exist, Sidearm would probably buy it from someone if they built it.

As the good Doc said, I figure some enterprising computer science or engineering students could build said app/capability in days/weeks. Or maybe a SNer, especially one who runs a business with IT people in their employ (not me unfortunately) could make it happen.

If you wait for WSU Athletics or Sidearm to do it, it might happen. If you build it yourself and hand it to them, it does happen.
        Last edited by shox526; December 20, 2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

In recent history the GA tickets unused by students were $20.

Have I lost my mind or does anyone else remember this?
          You are correct.

I bought seats off Stubhub for $30 each. Similar seats through the ticket office would have been $60. Seems a bit pricey.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• $44 GA tickets is not the way to get butts into seats. Period.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I’ll be the first to admit I’m half special but I just spent last ten minutes trying to find a promo code input field. Took it all the way to checkout, still couldn’t find a promo code input field. I gave up, instead of the promos just price the left over GA’s at a reasonable price (20-22 bucks) and you wouldn’t need the promos and you wouldn’t be crying about empty seats. I use to weasel my way to 4 or so games a year. Last 2 years I’ve gone to 1 game each season but they were tickets given to me. So I wasn’t aware of the price changes. Went to OU game this year, sparked my interest in trying to go to a few more games. This certainly has killed it again. Hate to be the cranky guy but TV is fine with me.
              Sometimes things are hard to spot on a web page, even when given the general location. My suggestion would be to do a Search for "promo" in the browser. You should find it that way.

Comment

• Attendance issues? Not today!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  Attendance issues? Not today!
                  I’d like to know how many were there today. I could tell it was considerably more, because the line for the restroom was really long.

Comment

• Just want to point out there are only 178 tickets on StubHub for the Abilene game. Usually for the other early-season games there has been close to 700-800 at a week out. Not sure what is driving this but seems like a good trend.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                      Just want to point out there are only 178 tickets on StubHub for the Abilene game. Usually for the other early-season games there has been close to 700-800 at a week out. Not sure what is driving this but seems like a good trend.
                      american football season is over

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        Attendance issues? Not today!
                        There were still quite a few empty seats sprinkled around on Saturday. There were about a dozen unused/no-show seats near us. Some are season tickets, some are not. There is a cluster of seats that were previously held by a car dealer they let go and that didn't resell as season tickets (I'm sure the buy-in was astronomical); those seats have been vacant almost every game so far. I don't mind though, we can spread out and have a place for coats.

The Athletics Department & SASO needs to figure things out. I'm sure there has been a SASO drop since the Trump Tax Reform due to the removal of deductible "donations" for premium seating. But, the rumblings of prices I have heard about buying-in to lower level seating are insane. The atmosphere is declining because there are fewer folks coming to the games.

Last thing, I'm ready to believe that the access to upper level seats is a problem and will only get worse. It is fact that a huge portion of the fan base that attends games are our older long-time die-hard fans. Also, the pricing structure of season tickets has relegated many of these fans to the upper reaches of Koch arena. Facilities/Athletics needs to address accessibility, especially hand rails above the entrance portals to the top. If a few hundred seats are lost, so what? It won't be much longer before many of those people aren't going to be able to get to their seats anyway so they won't renew. I think this is worthy of a serious look. I would hate for someone to fall and get badly injured up there.
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Add boxes to the top, all the way around, reduces total capacity and moves the corporate stuff up top. I don’t know what allotment students get but I would reduce that by 1/3.

I’m sure I’ll get hammered for both suggestions.

Comment

• Agree with the concerns about access up top. I have to tell you. I’m shocked there haven’t been more falls and injuries. There are a lot of seasoned and cherished older shocker fans up high that have nothing to grab or guide them. It’s a bad deal.

Comment

• A couple of things that might have an impact could be the recent memory of the last two losses at Intrust and that one of those losses was to a team that pretty well handled us last year in Oklahoma. Sooners were projected to be a decent team and I think many weekiend Shocker fans were reluctant to go. The upper bowl of the arena is pretty close as far as seating and negative reviews of that seating may influence some. We will see if the lack of this years initial national acclaim (rankings) will affect ticket sales at the arena next year. Me and mine will be there in our usual upper bowl seat.

Comment

Add boxes to the top, all the way around, reduces total capacity and moves the corporate stuff up top.
                                I'm no engineer, but I don't think that is feasible

Comment

Working...
                                X