Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Oral Roberts Game Thread (Oklahoma, U.S.A., N.A., Earth)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I’m not sure that you’re correct. Sherfield has been starting the game and JB has been starting the 2nd half and playing more for the past 3 games. We just gave up a 15 point lead with 10 minutes or so to play. We didn’t step on their throat and finish them off. I thought the Bigs were as much of the problem or more st that time. Plus we missed free throws, etc. to not finish them off.
    Who starts the game doesn’t say near as much as who is in with 3 to go up 5. It got tight and JB got the run.

JB, DD, ES, TW, JE

They will start against USC and Mo will be first off the bench. Grant or Tyson will be first guards off the bench.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

Noah has been fairly physical as a defender in games. I also wonder we he didn't get much run. He doesn't appear turnover prone.
      I don’t think he is a willing scorer.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

ORU was far and away the better team. I believe they do have some seniors. We have better players and their key player went down in the crucial minutes of the game so we won.

I do like Stevenson's moxie. He is definitely bringing some Angry to Shocker games.

Burton was solid.

T

Comment

ES, JB and TE all gave us a lift. AM gave us a big lift early with his screens and a block when the first two struggled.
          TW with a solid game, as well. DD will be okay but needs to regain some offensive confidence. Need him to cause I
          doubt JB and TE can sustain the level they have been at. It will even out. The most concerning thing was defensive
          boards. We will have to play better in Cancun especially in the paint.

Comment

Well good job by ORU they played hard and with confidence.
            Nice to Echinique get some solid minutes and take some falls (made me wince though.)
            refs didn't call anything first half then change the script second half.
            Thank goodness South Carolina is struggling. if they were hot i would be very worried. Marshal tried to tell them ORU would be tough down 2 starters then leading scorer exited the game.
            I think WSU will be top 25 WSU has overcome injuries gotten healthy. They've won big won ugly and this young team has shown they can get i t done. Just need more consistency especially shooting Ettiene could be our guy who makes the most 3s in wsu history if he keeps shooting like that and stays

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
              Marshall will have a few things to work on. Dennis needs to get it going again
              I think those short shorts are messing up Dex's shooting. That's the only thing different from last year.

Comment

Oral Roberts has proven they are a good team against OSU, Tulsa, etc. But we just didn’t put our foot on their throat and finish them off when we led by 15 points in the 2nd half. We allowed them to hang around. That needs to change.

Comment

Thought the offense looked stagnant. Too much "dribble, hold, pass...dibble, hold, pivot, pass...so on and so forth". Not sure if we had two quick passes all day. But then, that's not going to happen much with little motion in the set. It didn't matter who was in the lineup. If ORU had made a few more of those open 3s ( shot about 26%, not 13%) we'd been toast.
                  Hope we got that kind of play out of our system.

Comment

Remember that Oral Roberts didn't play 2 starters (Emmanuel Nzekwesi: 14.5 PPG and 7.8 RPG; R.J. Fuqua: assist leader).
                    Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

ORU is a lot tougher than many think. I knew this was going to be a tough game. They played without 2 starters. And they were more athletic and physical on their front line. Our guys need to get mentally tougher and learn to finish through contact. The refs are not going to call all the fouls. I think our guys will get better.

I think DD took good shots but just miss them. He will be ok. Glad to see him go to the cup. I thought he got hammered on some of the drives but no fouls were called. He too has to learn to finish through contact. And I see Coach wasn't messing around. He went to the veterans when the game was on the line. This is exactly the kind of game our guys needed to get better. Go shovks.

Comment

That was a pretty good basketball squad that came in today. Athletic, real good defense...and I think I also heard they "know" us pretty well from playing us a few times recently. Kinda like a conference game. Enjoyable game to watch on TV! Go SHOCKS!!!
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

I think those short shorts are messing up Dex's shooting. That's the only thing different from last year.
                          Well he wore his shorts today like everybody else. That was to good see. No need to draw attention to yourself by how you are dressed on the court. Let your game do that. His game will come around. He is getting used to other teams gearing up to stop him based on what he did last year. I like the fact that when he gets the dunks he just runs back down the court like Tekel. That shows class.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Well he wore his shorts today like everybody else. That was to good see. No need to draw attention to yourself by how you are dressed on the court. Let your game do that. His game will come around. He is getting used to other teams gearing up to stop him based on what he did last year. I like the fact that when he gets the dunks he just runs back down the court like Tekel. That shows class.
                            He did?

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

He did?
                              Well to tell you the truth , now I am not sure. While the game was going on a fan pointed out D was wearing his shorts like everyone else. I looked and it was true. But when they show that dunk in the highlights it's looks like they are rolled up. Sorry I don't know what to say about this.

Comment

#shortsgate

Comment

Working...
                                X