Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Oral Roberts Game Thread (Oklahoma, U.S.A., N.A., Earth)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankfully ORU shot 3s worse than Barry Hinson's wife.

Comment

A teaching moment for Gregg Marshall. ORU was a good team.

Comment

I disagree that ORU is a cupcake team. They've played some really close games on the road against some good teams. But I think we needed a close game like this to give coach something to teach. Good to see our full complement out there finally. Jaime got a chance to blast some rust and the freshmen got a taste of how to close out a close game, albeit from the bench.

Speaking of that, what happened to Noah? I don't think I saw him on the court the entire second half. Same for DeAntoni. We're going to start seeing how the minutes diminish for the end of the bench now that sh!t's about to get real.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          Man... Dexter really plays with his d*** a lot. Get that boy a prescription for some medicated salve thx.

T

You would too if you had to wrap it around your waist before tucking it in your jock.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
            I disagree that ORU is a cupcake team. They've played some really close games on the road against some good teams. But I think we needed a close game like this to give coach something to teach. Good to see our full complement out there finally. Jaime got a chance to blast some rust and the freshmen got a taste of how to close out a close game, albeit from the bench.

Speaking of that, what happened to Noah? I don't think I saw him on the court the entire second half. Same for DeAntoni. We're going to start seeing how the minutes diminish for the end of the bench now that sh!t's about to get real.
            Sherfield is about to lose his starting spot. JB takes over too much.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

ES was the key difference in this game for the Shockers to win.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Sherfield is about to lose his starting spot. JB takes over too much.
                Agree, starting 5 against South Carolina likely to be - JB, ES, DD, TW, and ???

Comment

I don’t classify ORU as a cupcake, actually their athletic and play good defense. They just couldn’t hit shots and I like to think our defense had something to do with that. ORU has lost three games on the road to pretty good teams in Iowa, OSU and Tulsa. I guess two of there best players are out with injuries. We had decent runs, but we didn’t keep them off the boards or the line...

Comment

Erik Stevenson is really coming along. If he can just figure out how to be a 34% 3pt shooter, we'll be cooking with gas.

Comment

Never fear, JE is back here. Great to see that. We will sure need him immediately. ES had more assists at 9 today than the career assists average of the former career Holy Cross player who averaged 7.5 per game in his NBA career. He wore #14 in the Bigs. They called him "Houdini of the Hardwood, Cooz, and he played for the Boston Celtics. Some of you already know I am referring to Bob Cousy. It was a stat ES had today we really needed. JB, Wade, and TE also did some good things. #1, Luf. was impressive for our foes. Our guards as a unit impress me. They can pass, score, and D it up. Today, I kept thinking we would shake ORU with a much bigger lead than we had in the 2nd half. Now we enter games we will be tested even more on and I'm glad we are healthier now.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

And I like them both, a lot. Speaks volumes about how much talent is on this team.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Agree, starting 5 against South Carolina likely to be - JB, ES, DD, TW, and ???
                          I’m not sure that you’re correct. Sherfield has been starting the game and JB has been starting the 2nd half and playing more for the past 3 games. We just gave up a 15 point lead with 10 minutes or so to play. We didn’t step on their throat and finish them off. I thought the Bigs were as much of the problem or more st that time. Plus we missed free throws, etc. to not finish them off.

Comment

5-0. Wins are better than losses. Solid game from ORU. They went and played small ball - if that's what you call it, and got back into it quickly. That is the future of the game. Would have liked some of that out of WSU today. We might be an ok traditional post player team with Jaime.
                            Udeze tried too hard, too quickly and all too often early. We didn't need Superman playing hero ball, just a baller.
                            When I read months ago that DD lost weight to get to his current playing weight, I was nervous. He doesn't look as strong as last season, especially on dribble penetration. More like McDuffie. I know he's an exception, but James Harden is the same height as DD. He has mass, and uses it well.
                            AM should wear a boot before every game. He was great esp. in 1st half.
                            ES is doing so many little things right now. And JB...most improved player I've seen a year over in a Shocker uni in 10 years probably. Hope I'm clear. He wins award for most improved player, even over last 10 years. His physique is sort of Hardenesque, and he uses it well. Can't believe we ran out of timeouts. First time ever for HCGM? Good luck in Mexico! Hope they don't build that wall before you can return home.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post

And I like them both, a lot. Speaks volumes about how much talent is on this team.
                              Noah has been fairly physical as a defender in games. I also wonder we he didn't get much run. He doesn't appear turnover prone.

Comment

Always happy with a win! Though I perfer they aren't so close.
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X