2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We are directly competing for a bid with Cincy. Them losing today is a good thing. It doesn't really hurt them too much but a win would have put them firmly above us.
    I'm hearing what your saying Stickboy46. My thoughts are if Tulsa gets the #1 seed, that pushes Houston and Cincinnati to the #2 and #3 seeds and with WSU as the #4 seed, which I think would make our path to Sunday's Championship game slightly easier. Plus, I just think it is better to have Cincinnati on the positive side of the bubble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      On a lighter note, Evansville finished up its conference season with a perfect record, 0-18. First team in the history of D1 ball to beat an AP #1 team (on the road!) and then lose every single conference game.

It’d be awesome and hilarious if they could pull off the hat trick and win Arch Madness.

Comment

• I want nothing to do with Houston! We need to win the next 2 games to punch our ticket! Would rather us get 2 wins to to close out AAC win and 1 maybe 2 in AAC tourney not having to get slacked by Houston in Championship game.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Bubble Games per ESPN

NC State at Duke: Need a Duke win

Comment

• One of the problem this year is that the power conferences have bubble teams who are beating the Dukes of the world. Usually each power league has a team or usually two teams who are dominating their conference and either undefeated or close to it. This year, teams like Clemson, OU, North Carolina State, etc. are winning games against the top teams in each league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post

It’d be awesome and hilarious if they could pull off the hat trick and win Arch Madness.
              If Eville wins Arch Madness, UNI will be NIT bound. And hopefully, HOPEFULLY, won't be looking for another coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                One of the problem this year is that the power conferences have bubble teams who are beating the Dukes of the world. Usually each power league has a team or usually two teams who are dominating their conference and either undefeated or close to it. This year, teams like Clemson, OU, North Carolina State, etc. are winning games against the top teams in each league.
                A lot of teams on Selection Sunday gonna be like

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

If Eville wins Arch Madness, UNI will be NIT bound. And hopefully, HOPEFULLY, won't be looking for another coach.
                  I hate to say it .. but we need UNI to win Arch Madness .. I make zero sense of it, but a lot of people have UNI in the tournament. Their resume is no where near ours, yet here we are. They have a gaudy NET from blowing out the bottom of the MVC. (we apparently just missed having that benefit while in the MVC)

Comment

• Man the thought of having to cheer for UNI absolutely makes me want to puke!

Comment

• Interesting scenario that I don’t think I’ve seen discussed; we win on Thursday and Tulsa loses @Temple and we could be playing for the 3rd seed at the roundhouse on Sunday. Not sure how the tie breaker would work in that situation?

Comment

• UNI is every bit as good as Loyola was 2 years ago. As usual the best team in the MVC ain't getting any love.

Hope we don't play them in the NCAA's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                          Interesting scenario that I don’t think I’ve seen discussed; we win on Thursday and Tulsa loses @Temple and we could be playing for the 3rd seed at the roundhouse on Sunday. Not sure how the tie breaker would work in that situation?
                          There is basically zero chance of us getting 3rd at this point.

If we tie with Tulsa, it goes to comparable records starting at the top of the conference. Since Houston will most likely be number 1, Tulsa went 1-1 against them and we went 0-2

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                            Interesting scenario that I don’t think I’ve seen discussed; we win on Thursday and Tulsa loses @Temple and we could be playing for the 3rd seed at the roundhouse on Sunday. Not sure how the tie breaker would work in that situation?
                            I mentioned it in another thread but Tulsa has tiebreaker with their 1-1 record vs Houston against our 0-2.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• You can go to bball.notnothing.net to see all senarios for AAC TOURNAMENT. On top of the page click on South MBB to find the American Conference. Click on the submit button to see different seeding senarios.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I mentioned it in another thread but Tulsa has tiebreaker with their 1-1 record vs Houston against our 0-2.
                                Well ****

Comment

Working...
                                X