2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Im sure once the season is over and he has all the relevant data points he’s great at predicting who gets in.

A lot are talking about how inaccurate Lunardi is, and maybe historically he is...not sure. According to this article from last year, he was 67/68, the only team he got wrong was TCU. The seeding is what was not accurate but he still predicted 47/68 seeding correctly.

We'll see how accurate he is this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
      Sorry to admit but my eyeballs say Sasser and Mills are going to dominate this conference for many years to come.
      100% agree. I had just looked up how young their backcourt is, they are all underclassmen, minus Jarreau . Grimes, Hinton, Sasser and Mills are going to be tough the next 2-3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyShockerFan View Post

A lot are talking about how inaccurate Lunardi is, and maybe historically he is...not sure. According to this article from last year, he was 67/68, the only team he got wrong was TCU. The seeding is what was not accurate but he still predicted 47/68 seeding correctly.

The 55 ranking is his last 5 year average. Their methodology takes into account both correct picks and correct seeding but doesn’t break down how they performed on each of those areas. Lunardi had his best year by far last year. Prior to that year his 5-year avg was in the 70s if I remember correctly.

We could miss the tourney. We could make the tourney. We and probably 40 other teams have work to do. There are some wars ahead, but we kind of hold the keys to it. Just win, baby.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

The 55 ranking is his last 5 year average. Their methodology takes into account both correct picks and correct seeding but doesn’t break down how they performed on each of those areas. Lunardi had his best year by far last year. Prior to that year his 5-year avg was in the 70s if I remember correctly.

We could miss the tourney. We could make the tourney. We and probably 40 other teams have work to do. There are some wars ahead, but we kind of hold the keys to it. Just win, baby.
          For sure

Comment

Lunardi makes lots of changes the day of the release after he starts getting fed info. The final bracket is normal pretty accurate because of that

Comment

Can we PLEASE stop saying that people are X/68? 32 bids are automatic. My dementia-afflicted grandmother could get the first 32 because those are freebies.

I would much rather see X/36.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Lunardi makes lots of changes the day of the release after he starts getting fed info. The final bracket is normal pretty accurate because of that
                So there's a conspiracy? I think everyone is fighting his prediction because they know it is true, right now we probably are not getting in. I hope I'm wrong but everyone on the bubble is winning. NC State, UCLA, Providence are not helping us.

Comment

• Suck on that, Lunardi!!!!!!
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Houston isn't having any problems with Cumberland. About 8 minutes into the second half he has 1 made FG (1/5) and 4 TO's. He is 4/5 from the FT line.
                    I watched that entire game. And Houston has 5 guys that can all go get their shot when the offense breaks down. They all 5 can shoot the 3 off the dribble with a defender on them and they can go to the cup. Any team playing them in the tournament is going to have a hard time beating them. The five players are Sassler, Grimes, Mills, Jererrau, and Hinton. That is a hard combination to beat if their big men are defending and rebounding.

Comment

• How does the tiebreaker work for AAC tournament standings? I would love to avoid Houston until the finals if possible. That means we need to climb to the 3rd seed. Tulsa finishes @Temple and wsu (both games they could absolutely lose). If we win out and Tulsa loses out we will both have 6 losses and split the head to head. What is breaks those two ties?

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                        How does the tiebreaker work for AAC tournament standings? I would love to avoid Houston until the finals if possible. That means we need to climb to the 3rd seed. Tulsa finishes @Temple and wsu (both games they could absolutely lose). If we win out and Tulsa loses out we will both have 6 losses and split the head to head. What is breaks those two ties?
                        I'm pretty sure Tulsa still wins the tiebreaker with their 1-0 record vs. Houston and our 0-2 record vs. them. Our only chance for 3rd is if Cincinnati drops their last two at USF and home to Temple. I don't see that happening. Realistically, 4th is our ceiling.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We can beat Houston.

Comment

• BUBBLE WATCH RESULTS - 03/01/20
                            Using the Bracket Matrix as the metric for seeds:

I include only Seeds 9 thru 12 seeds, plus the first ten out as Bubble Watch teams.

Good Losses:
                            9-seed, Indiana
                            10-seed, Rhode Island

Good Wins:
                            10-seed, Wichita State

Bad Wins:
                            10-seed, Xavier
                            12-seed, Stanford

Bad Losses:
                            11-seed, Cincinnati

Comments:
                            Got the win, and a little help tonight. 'nuf said!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                              We can beat Houston.
                              I agree, but I'd like to put that theory to the test in the championship game.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                                BUBBLE WATCH RESULTS - 03/01/20
                                Using the Bracket Matrix as the metric for seeds:

I include only Seeds 9 thru 12 seeds, plus the first ten out as Bubble Watch teams.

Good Losses:
                                9-seed, Indiana
                                10-seed, Rhode Island

Good Wins:
                                10-seed, Wichita State

Bad Wins:
                                10-seed, Xavier
                                12-seed, Stanford

Bad Losses:
                                11-seed, Cincinnati

Comments:
                                Got the win, and a little help tonight. 'nuf said!
                                We are directly competing for a bid with Cincy. Them losing today is a good thing. It doesn't really hurt them too much but a win would have put them firmly above us.

Comment

Working...
                                X