Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUBBLE WATCH ACTION - 03/01/20
    Using the Bracket Matrix as the metric for seeds:

I include only Seeds 9 thru 12 seeds, plus the first ten out as Bubble Watch teams.

Indiana at #27 Illinois
    Rhode Island vs Saint Louis
    Xavier at Georgetown

***Wichita State Cut Line***

Cincinnati at #25 Houston
    Stanford vs #21 Colorado

Comments:
    There are no "Within Bubble Range" (first ten out) teams playing on Sunday (03/01). Shockers better win against SMU or they will be looking from the outside.

Comment

• We need to beat SMU. All there is to that. We need a good win more than avoiding bad losses.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Well as others have said,
        today is a must win now.

I would hate to hear post selection Sunday the committee picked Cincy over us for the head-to-head record.

Recency bias is a thing, whether people want to admit it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

Lunardi is the 55th ranked predictor on Bracket Matrix. He’s a No. 2 seed in the Bracket NIT.
          So we’re fine?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

So we’re fine?
            Who knows dude, it obviously depends on how we finish the season. Is this your first time watching college basketball? Bracketology is all about clicks.

”Durp, someone on this board said something to me three weeks ago and I can’t let it go, durp.”

Comment

• Lunardi is usually spot on with what teams get in.. but isn’t as great as correctly seeding teams. Correct me if I’m wrong..

Comment

• Also, as Lunardi has noted, Tulsa is taking away a tournament spot due to them technically being the AAC AQ as of right now.

Bracket Matrix has us in 98 out of 103 tournaments. Gotta win today!

Comment

• I think we need to be in the top three of the league for a couple reasons. First, if we make top three we probably make the
                  dance. Second, finishing 2nd/3rd keeps us out of the Houston side of the conference tournament and a much better chance
                  of getting to the finals. Lose today and we are likely 5th or even 6th and I'd rather be 6th than 5th.

Comment

• Memphis was tied against Tulane with 2.3 seconds left in the game.. Threw the ball from Tulane baseline to half court. Kid took one dribble past half court and called timeout. with like 1.2 left.

Threw a lob after timeout for Precious layup. He missed it, but that was a coach helping give his team a chance to win a game.
                    Last edited by Topshock; March 1, 2020, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Who knows dude, it obviously depends on how we finish the season. Is this your first time watching college basketball? Bracketology is all about clicks.

”Durp, someone on this board said something to me three weeks ago and I can’t let it go, durp.”
                      So dude, we're totally fine.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• On a lighter note, Evansville finished up its conference season with a perfect record, 0-18. First team in the history of D1 ball to beat an AP #1 team (on the road!) and then lose every single conference game.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          On a lighter note, Evansville finished up its conference season with a perfect record, 0-18. First team in the history of D1 ball to beat an AP #1 team (on the road!) and then lose every single conference game.
                          What a bizarre season. It’s really too bad Tulsa, SMU, and Cincy did so poor in non-con. We could be looking at 4-5 teams if those schools did better before league play.

Comment

So dude, we're totally fine.
                            Fine, just fine.

Comment

Just saw a graphic from the Gonzaga game, Lunardi has updated his bracket and we are the very last team in the field now.

So much for being "just fine".
                              The problem I have with anyone saying WSU is safe is the fact that we still have several loseable games left which can easily punch our ticket to the NIT. We are not safe until the conference tournament is over and we’ve done what we need to do to prove ourselves worthy. It starts with beating SMU today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

The problem I have with anyone saying WSU is safe is the fact that we still have several loseable games left which can easily punch our ticket to the NIT. We are not safe until the conference tournament is over and we’ve done what we need to do to prove ourselves worthy. It starts with beating SMU today.
                                Exactly this. For all we know, Shockers finish 0-3 and then an at-large is out of question.

Comment

Working...
                                X