No announcement yet.

2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone was talking about our lack of size at 3/4 spots. Don’t forget that we get 6-10 Bilau next year at the 4 and JaDun Michaels our 4* 6-6 stud at the 3/4. We are going to be stacked next year and even better.

Comment

• College Basketball Watch Guide: Top 50 Games Of The Weekend (1/24 - 1/26/2020) - Sports Gambling Podcast

by Colby Dant
      January 24, 2020

1. Baylor @ Florida Baylor takes the top team in the country in to a hostile O'Connell Center in what should be Florida's biggest game thus far in the season. READ ALSO College Basketball Free Picks - Every Game ATS 2. Kentucky @ Texas Tech Texas Tech needs this one more after losing at h

19. Mississippi State @ Oklahoma
      Talk about a team that’s hot and flying under the radar a bit. Mississippi State is certainly that. The Bulldogs have a nice little win streak going, including a couple blowouts against decent teams. Oklahoma has been up and down all year but would sure love to grab a win against a team that might just be a player in the SEC.

21. Tulsa @ UConn
      You want to talk about a team flying under the radar? Don’t look now but Tulsa is the top seed in the AAC and this may not be a fluke. The Golden Hurricane have beaten Houston & Memphis recently. Now comes a nice road test against a chippy UConn team.

25. SMU @ Memphis
      Memphis was looking like a player and perhaps the favorite to win the AAC but then they went to Tulsa and took a 40 point loss on the road. Ouch! Can the Tigers come back home and take care of a SMU team that is fighting for their post season life?

30. Missouri @ West Virginia
      West Virginia seems to be as dangerous a team as anyone heading into February. The Mountaineers are coming off a blowout home win over Texas. Missouri has been up and down all year but could sure use a win against one of the better teams in the country.

42. VCU @ LaSalle
      LaSalle is better this year and a team very well capable of upsetting a good VCU team. VCU isn’t the top dog in the Atlantic 10 this year so they know they’ll most likely need a at large bid which means they can’t trip up here against a decent LaSalle team.

44. South Florida @ Houston
      Houston is growing up as the season continues on and we are seeing right before our very eyes. The Cougars scored a huge win at Wichita State and a nice home win against UConn and now will need to take care of a chippy South Florida team.

45. Ole Miss @ Georgia
      Anthony Edwards may just be the top NBA draft pick in June but if Georgia doesn’t start winning some games then Edwards will be sitting out most of March. Here’s a great opportunity to get things going in the right direction.

46. Central Florida @ Wichita State
      Wichita State dropped two conference games to Temple and Houston and suddenly they weren’t in first place. The Shockers need to take care of business here if they want any chance of being the top seed in the AAC conference tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        I know this is games if interest, but I find this interesting. Read thre article, then watch video.
        https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-botched-call/
        Watch it in stop motion. It would appear that the ref (or refs) did not understand (or know) the rule. He didn't waive it off during the tip, but only after the ball was at the top of it's arc, after the lights had come on that time had run out, and before the ball was in the cylinder. Given it was such an egregious error and that there is video, I'd think that the head person over the refs, along with the conference officials, could and should overturn the bad call and count the bucket.

Comment

• Such a topsy turvy season. Wisconsin, 12-7, who had some unimpressive losses in the non-con, but "rebounded" in conference to beat Indiana, Ohio St, Maryland and Penn St, is down 23 to 10-9 Purdue with 6:30 to go in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
            Someone was talking about our lack of size at 3/4 spots. Don’t forget that we get 6-10 Bilau next year at the 4 and JaDun Michaels our 4* 6-6 stud at the 3/4. We are going to be stacked next year and even better.
            Before the injury, UConn started 7', 6'10', and 6'9". We are undersized

Comment

• We are going to be undersized a lot. Our four spot, Trey wade is listed as only 6’6 (and I’m not sure I believe the listing) but the man plays his ass off. He plays incredibly hard and goes after rebounds. I love how he plays. For as young as our team is (and I think we all forget how young the really are) I’d say we have had a solid season thus far. 16-3 is a record on Jan 25th is a record 95% of all us would taken pre-season. This funk we are currently in won’t last forever

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Did we not beat UConn and all their size? All I am saying is that we are even bigger at 3/4 next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Yet WSU is 16-3 and UConn is 10-8. Maybe UConn is over-sized.

The point is to win games, not look good on a roster sheet.

Comment

• 3G gets more with undersized players than just about anyone in the country. I’d love for that to not be a major obstacle for us though. A big part of our issues the last 3 games has been related to our size and strength down low.

Comment

• Anyone want to run down our heights of starters and two deeps in 2013? I’ll hang up and listen.

We’re really only undersized at the 4 this year. I’m not going to dig in to prove it, but I have to think we’re actually above-average at PG and SG. JE, MU, and AM certainly aren’t undersized. IPBC is at 5, but he’s not an ideal 5.

Comment

• Marshall gets more out of undersized players than anybody, maybe he even prefers it that way, dunno, but that doesn't change facts. Tonight it looks like we'll be matched up well, size-wise. Won't be all those blocks tonight.

Comment

• With TE starting at SG, I would say he's undersized at 6'1". Stevenson at 6'3" is also undersized at the 3. When Dennis started the last game, his 6'5" height was a better fit at the 3. Wade at 6'6" is short for the 4. If Poor Bear was better, he would be a good fit for the 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            With TE starting at SG, I would say he's undersized at 6'1". Stevenson at 6'3" is also undersized at the 3. When Dennis started the last game, his 6'5" height was a better fit at the 3. Wade at 6'6" is short for the 4. If Poor Bear was better, he would be a good fit for the 4.
                            yes, we do have size on the team, but our primary rotation is small outside of JE. Both Dennis and Wade are small for the 4. If we had more depth at the 4 we could play Dennis at the 3, his more natural position, which would help a lot of the size issues. As it is, we have Erik at the 3 and Tyson at 2, both small for those positions.

Comment

• OU letting Mississippi back into the game - OU up by 4 53-49

Comment

• WVU beats Missouri 74-51

Comment

Working...
                                X