2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

It must have something to do with the setup. Possibly inadequate insulation between the ice and the basketball floor?

The game at IBA was played on top of ice and I don't remember any issues there. Seems to depend on the arena.
    It definitely depends on the arena. And the level of insulation. And the outside temperature. And the inside temperature. And the humidity. Generally speaking, I'd say I could tell you if a court was on top of ice within 2 minutes of game action 90% of the time though. I really don't understand how poor of a job everyone does with this, given the money involved. I'm not on Team IBA-Game, and one of the primary reasons is the ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Tuesday, January 7th:
      #22 Texas Tech at home to #4 Baylor 52-57
      #11 Ohio State at #12 Maryland 55-67
      #18 Virginia at Boston College 53-60
      #20 Penn State at Rutgers 61-72

Thursday, January 9th:
      #24 Arizona at #9 Oregon 73-74 in OT
      #21 Memphis at #23 Wichita State 67-76

Friday, January 10th:
      #12 Maryland at Iowa 49-67

Saturday, January 11th:
      #3 Kansas at home to #4 Baylor 55-67
      #18 Virginia at home to Syracuse 55-63
      #11 Ohio State at Indiana 54-66
      #20 Penn State at home to Wisconsin 49-58
      #22 Texas Tech at #17 West Virginia 54-66

Sunday, January 12th:
      #8 Michigan State at Purdue 42-71
      #19 Michigan at Minnesota 67-75
      #24 Arizona at Oregon State 65-82
      15 losses by Top 25 teams this past week. 5 teams (in bold) each lost twice accounting for 10 of those 15 losses. 12 of the 15 losses were on the road. Texas Tech, Kansas and Virginia lost at home.

Comment

• I think it's worth noting that some of these were not exactly nail-biters either. 29, 18, 17, 12, 12. Winning matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

It must have something to do with the setup. Possibly inadequate insulation between the ice and the basketball floor?

The game at IBA was played on top of ice and I don't remember any issues there. Seems to depend on the arena.
          Insulation over the ice is one solution, HVAC systems that are capable of serious dehumidification is another.

Older arenas are often lacking in both, so when you have a warm humid day and they convert the arena over, you get a cold surface (the court) with humid air, resulting in a slick mess. There have been NBA games postponed due to excessive moisture in the court.

IBA has so far down well in this regard. I believe I've heard the HVAC there is set up to prevent these issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            I think it's worth noting that some of these were not exactly nail-biters either. 29, 18, 17, 12, 12. Winning matters.
            Also an 11 plus on two losses of 5 points or less.

Comment

• 01/13/20
              No Shockers tonight
              No AAC games tonight
              No Non-Conference opponents playing tonight
              No Top 25 teams playing tonight

So... enjoy the #3 Clemson vs. #1 LSU National Football Championship game.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                01/13/20
                No Shockers tonight
                No AAC games tonight

I’ll be celebrating the end of college football season. Finally.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  01/13/20
                  No Shockers tonight
                  No AAC games tonight

No coaches show.

I can honestly say I won’t watch a second of it. I don’t really care about a national championship that’s not inclusive to everybody.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post

I’ll be celebrating the end of college football season. Finally.
                    It was great to see the reception our President got at the start of the game: "USA, USA..."

Comment

• As I look at Tulane’s roster, it seems like Hunter sold his team’s soul a bit by bringing in 3 grad transfers to try and win immediately. They also appear to only go about seven deep.
                      It will be interesting to see how they hold up the second half of conference play.

In the meantime, they remain a tough out for the rest of the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        As I look at Tulane’s roster, it seems like Hunter sold his team’s soul a bit by bringing in 3 grad transfers to try and win immediately. They also appear to only go about seven deep.
                        It will be interesting to see how they hold up the second half of conference play.

What's wrong with that? If you can win 15 games in Year 1, recruiting gets a hell of a lot easier. Seems like a decent approach to me, especially when your first year you don't get a full recruiting cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          As I look at Tulane’s roster, it seems like Hunter sold his team’s soul a bit by bringing in 3 grad transfers to try and win immediately. They also appear to only go about seven deep.

Hopefully he has extra souls to sell because whatever he is doing he needs to keep doing it

Comment

• Dotson out for KU vs Oklahoma. Big opportunity for the Sooners to help us out with seeding if they win.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Go AUSTIN!! Right! Right?

Go Austin?

Guys?

Where'd ya guys go?
                              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                                Dotson out for KU vs Oklahoma. Big opportunity for the Sooners to help us out with seeding if they win.
                                Might as well call it two games in a row the way he was a no-show against baylor.

Was he on the court when baylor when on their 22-4 run?

Comment

Working...
                                X