2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Well we were up on OSU by 29 at one point but didn’t finish it and our bottom bench players didn’t hold it.
    I wouldn't exactly call it the end of the bench. A combination of 2 of GS, TE, TW, and DD were in the lineup until the end of the game along with JE and ES not out of the lineup until the difference had gone from 29 to 26. All this 29 dropping to 19 points happening in the last 6-7 minutes of the game. Not Concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Then you must have enjoyed the first half. For me the game revealed that Kansas still has a lot of chinks in their armor.
      Looking at the box score, the difference in the game was at the free throw line where KU made 7 more free throws. Both teams had basically the same number of fouls, but KU was able to go to the line 8 more times than West Virginia. WVU out-rebounded KU by 14, but didn't take advantage of the extra opportunities by shooting on 32.2% from the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Looking at the box score, the difference in the game was at the free throw line where KU made 7 more free throws. Both teams had basically the same number of fouls, but KU was able to go to the line 8 more times than West Virginia. WVU out-rebounded KU by 14, but didn't take advantage of the extra opportunities by shooting on 32.2% from the field.
        Wait, you’re telling me KU got more free throws attempts at Allen Field House?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Wait, you’re telling me KU got more free throws attempts at Allen Field House?
          Not even hiding it as WVU committed 18 fouls vs the 19 fouls the other team committed. Yet somehow they're 12-22 from the line vs 19-30. 30 FTs on 18 fouls. Almost every one was a shooting foul.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Then you must have enjoyed the first half. For me the game revealed that Kansas still has a lot of chinks in their armor.
            The Chickens were fortunate to win against a, maybe, better team, at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Not even hiding it as WVU committed 18 fouls vs the 19 fouls the other team committed. Yet somehow they're 12-22 from the line vs 19-30. 30 FTs on 18 fouls. Almost every one was a shooting foul.
              This is precisely what Huggins was talking about when he said there was a lack of consistency. It does't matter how may total fouls were called. What matters is that the chickenhawks got to shoot two free throws because WVU fouls were supposedly shooting fouls and the chickenhawks fouls were not. WAIT WE HAVE SEEM THIS PICTURE BEFORE AT AFH.

Comment

• There's a video going around recently showing the 50 Best Dunks of the decade....and tons of the clips have dudes completely bowling over a defender smashing through a tremendous dunk. Almost every one of them should've been called a charge but they were all non-calls. The only one that was actually called a charge was when a dude totally posterized a gayhawk. Of course the gayhawk got the charge call. The only one. Really???
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• VCU 72 - George Mason 59

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    There's a video going around recently showing the 50 Best Dunks of the decade....and tons of the clips have dudes completely bowling over a defender smashing through a tremendous dunk. Almost every one of them should've been called a charge but they were all non-calls. The only one that was actually called a charge was when a dude totally posterized a gayhawk. Of course the gayhawk got the charge call. The only one. Really???
                    They are just following the lead of the NBA where charge calls are practically non-existent. Sadly, I predict that will be one of the long term effects of the new anti-flopping rule. It will make players hesitant to attempt to take a charge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

They are just following the lead of the NBA where charge calls are practically non-existent. Sadly, I predict that will be one of the long term effects of the new anti-flopping rule. It will make players hesitant to attempt to take a charge.
                      That’s gonna suck for Memphis.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

West Virginia coach Bob Huggins slams officiating, refers to refs as 'three blind mice' after loss at Kansas - CBS Sports

by Kyle Boone
                        Jan 4, 2020 at 8:36 pm ET

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...oss-at-kansas/

"Huggins slammed the officials for lack of consistency making calls after a road loss to the Jayhawks...

Comment

• You'll never find me being an apologist for any officiating ever at AFH.

But Huggy's hackers aren't exactly the team for which I'm going to take up the case. They've spent the last 8 years being relevant by counting on officials not being willing to foul all of their players out in the first half.

There have been, are, and will be so many better cases to make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            You'll never find me being an apologist for any officiating ever at AFH.

But Huggy's hackers aren't exactly the team for which I'm going to take up the case. They've spent the last 8 years being relevant by counting on officials not being willing to foul all of their players out in the first half.

There have been, are, and will be so many better cases to make.
                            The Saluki Strategy in the Weber days.

​​​​​​

Comment

That is big time then to send the bus ahead with gear (I'm assuming) to drive the team around. Good stuff.
                              I wouldn’t trust my gear to be on a bus but it is pretty tits to have a bus like that.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

The Saluki Strategy in the Weber days.

​​​​​​
                                The Saluki strategy but with better athletes. Wright thought they were the toughest or one of the toughest teams that Villanova faced in the tournament two years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X