2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    I didn’t see the first 35 minutes of the game. We recruited Bryan Penn Johnson (Washington 7’ Center) really hard. Did he play or has he found it difficult to play at Washington? He didn’t play that I noticed.
    Penn-Johnson is on their roster as a redshirt freshman after after redshirting last year. He has only seen a total of 10 minutes of action in 2 games this year against Maine (4th game of the season) and San Diego (6th game of the season).

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      I didn’t see the first 35 minutes of the game. We recruited Bryan Penn Johnson (Washington 7’ Center) really hard. Did he play or has he found it difficult to play at Washington? He didn’t play that I noticed.
      It looks like they redshirted him last year and he has only played in 2 games this year. Weird because he looked so good on tape and he was a 4* recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        That should open up a slot in the AP poll for us
        Washington had very little claim to that ranking anyway, other than some highly touted recruits and the media's undying wish for the Pac12 to not suck.

Comment

• Good win for Houston. They are getting better at attacking a zone. One of the best moves by Sampson was to sit the Jerraau kid. He is selfish and a turnover waiting to happen.

Comment

• Quentin Grimes (or whatever the KU kids name is) is going to be a handful in league play.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              Quentin Grimes (or whatever the KU kids name is) is going to be a handful in league play.
              It would be nice to have Dexter guarding him...

Comment

• Jamarius is a very good defender, as are all our other guards. This is not the Shamet/Frankamp/Reaves defense anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                  Quentin Grimes (or whatever the KU kids name is) is going to be a handful in league play.
                  From the games I've seen, Caleb Mills is a better offensive player than Quentin Grimes. However, Hinton and Jarreau are other very good guards and much quicker than Grimes. While Grimes is a nice player, I haven't seen the 5* impossible match up that carries a team yet, although, he may sometimes be that and I haven't seen it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Jamarius is a very good defender, as are all our other guards. This is not the Shamet/Frankamp/Reaves defense anymore.
                    I don't believe anyone around here believes that.

Right now Dexter's contribution to this team wouldn't be much other than D, with the occasional 3 mixed in. And to GGG that would be more than enough contribution against a team like the cougars, at their place...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I don't believe anyone around here believes that.

Right now Dexter's contribution to this team wouldn't be much other than D, with the occasional 3 mixed in. And to GGG that would be more than enough contribution against a team like the cougars, at their place...
                      are you saying nobody on this board thinks Jamarius is a very good defender?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

are you saying nobody on this board thinks Jamarius is a very good defender?
                        How did you derive that from a valid point concerning Dex's worth to this Shocker squad against legit competition on the road?

Don't bother, it's just rhetorical. Extra elite defenders is always a good thing.

You're welcome.

Comment

• I’m saying we have deep talent from the guard positions that can step up in Dexter’s absence. You said “I don’t think anyone around here believes that”, which I found odd. I agree with you that Dexter is a good defender though.

Comment

• Those Memphis and Cinci wins over Tennessee may not hold up very well. The Vols are getting smacked hard at home to Wisconsin, 47-25. They have scored 1pt in the 2nd half (13:35 left).

Comment

• Wisconsin made Tennessee look weak, tough game to watch.

Kentucky giving Louisville all they can handle.

Update - UK wins in overtime by 8

Comment

• Both of these teams are kind of blah for me. Half of Lvilles shots are good looks and the other half are complete head scratchers. Looked like a shuffle travel on the last steal-dunk of the game ANDthe guy slapped the backboard with his hand. Both NO CALLS for Kentucky at home I guess. The way I see it, Kentucky is better on THEIR home court, and LVILLE is probably better on THEIR home court, but neither is as good as Evansville.

Comment

Working...
                                X