2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

That qualifies for a Cone of Shame entry.
    It would have been close, they scored 42 in the second half and actually had a chance to win the game, but ended up losing by 3.

Comment

• Maryland rallied from a 17-point deficit to steal one at the end from Minnesota. Not that Minnesota should be a bubble team anyway but this should help solidify keeping them out.
      78-65

Comment

• Maryland and Auburn are the biggest paper tigers this year. They both won't get out of the first weekend.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• BUBBLE WATCH RESULTS - 02/26/20
          Using the Bracket Matrix as the metric for seeds:

I include only Seeds 9 thru 12 seeds, plus the first ten out as Bubble Watch teams.

Good Losses:
          10-seed, Rutgers
          Within Bubble Range, Georgetown
          Within Bubble Range, Minnesota

Good Wins:
          Within Bubble Range, South Carolina

Bad Wins:
          9-seed, Florida
          9-seed, Virginia
          10-seed, Rhode Island
          12-seed, East Tennessee State
          12-seed, Northern Iowa
          Within Bubble Range, Stanford
          Within Bubble Range, Richmond
          Within Bubble Range, Arkansas
          Within Bubble Range, Notre Dame

Bad Losses:
          Within Bubble Range, VCU

Comments:
          Not much help last night. Teams in or near the Bubble Watch area, are fighting like their on their last chance to make the BIg Dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
            BUBBLE WATCH RESULTS - 02/26/20

I include only Seeds 9 thru 12 seeds, plus the first ten out as Bubble Watch teams.

Good Losses:
            10-seed, Rutgers
            Within Bubble Range, Georgetown
            Within Bubble Range, Minnesota

Good Wins:
            Within Bubble Range, South Carolina

Bad Wins:
            9-seed, Florida
            9-seed, Virginia
            10-seed, Rhode Island
            12-seed, East Tennessee State
            12-seed, Northern Iowa
            Within Bubble Range, Stanford
            Within Bubble Range, Richmond
            Within Bubble Range, Arkansas
            Within Bubble Range, Notre Dame

Bad Losses:
            Within Bubble Range, VCU

Comments:
            Not much help last night. Teams in or near the Bubble Watch area, are fighting like their on their last chance to make the BIg Dance.
            Thank you for doing this...always makes it easier to follow....

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              Maryland rallied from a 17-point deficit to steal one at the end from Minnesota. Not that Minnesota should be a bubble team anyway but this should help solidify keeping them out.
              At one point Minnesota was winning the game. One analyst said if they pull this off, it will move them off the bubble. AT 14-13???!!!! WTF!!??? I don't care WHO you beat in the season, at some point that number in the loss column has to mean SOMETHING!!!! Especially if the numbers, I don't know, are like, really close??? And Lunardi was setting up UNI people last night to be prepared for the worst if they don't win their auto bid. The writing/hyperbole has been on the wall all season for a LOT of teams that flat out are just not going to be invited to the NCAA Tourney.

Comment

• Bubble Watch Games Per ESPN

Temple at Wichita St: Need to hold home court
                Wisconsin at Michigan: Both on bubble, root for home team
                Indiana at Purdue: They have both on the bubble, can't see Purdue actually being on the bubble with a 500 record. Root for Purdue
                Liberty at Kennesaw St: Root for home team
                Illinois at Northwestern: Illinois on bubble, need Northwestern to win
                Ohio St at Nebraska: Go Bid Red!
                St Mary's at Santa Clara: Need a Santa Clara win
                Arizona at USC: Need wildcats to get the win
                Arizona St at UCLA: Need Arizona St to get the W

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                  Bubble Watch Games Per ESPN

Temple at Wichita St: Need to hold home court
                  Wisconsin at Michigan: Both on bubble, root for home team
                  Indiana at Purdue: They have both on the bubble, can't see Purdue actually being on the bubble with a 500 record. Root for Purdue
                  Liberty at Kennesaw St: Root for home team
                  Illinois at Northwestern: Illinois on bubble, need Northwestern to win
                  Ohio St at Nebraska: Go Bid Red!
                  St Mary's at Santa Clara: Need a Santa Clara win
                  Arizona at USC: Need wildcats to get the win
                  Arizona St at UCLA: Need Arizona St to get the W

At this point: I would almost count Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio State, Arizona, USC, UCLA as near automatic locks. Liberty better hope they win their league. St. Mary's is in a bad position and HAS to win. Then again, I tend to listen to what the idiot box is saying during the halftime shows, and I listen to all the $&%^#*&^# they try and feed me during the actual games when its a P5 Conference. Yes, yes, I know what a GREAT AND AWESOME ALL POWERFUL conference the (insert P5 conference name of your choice here) is. Its so difficult to win in (the same) conference. That's why you have a 6-8 record in (again, your all powerful) conference.

Comment

• BUBBLE WATCH RESULTS - 02/27/20

Good Losses:
                    9-seed, Indiana

Good Wins:
                    10-seed, Wichita State

Bad Wins:
                    9-seed, Saint Mary's College
                    10-seed, USC
                    12-seed, Liberty
                    Within Bubble Range, UCLA
                    Within Bubble Range, Purdue

Bad Losses:
                    None

Comments:
                    Almost a complete disaster last night. Shockers get the win to keep alive their at At-Large hopes for the NCAA Tourny, Whew!
                    In addition, almost all other teams in consideration also won so no extra room between us and them. This weekend is shaping up to be a huge factor for almost all the teams in the Bubble Watch.

Comment

• Not a good bubble night. USC and UCLA picked up solid wins that strengthen their resume. UCLA was once dead in the water but has now won 10/12 and is tied for first in the PAC12. That is one team that wasn't close to the bubble that is now firmly in the mix. They have some really bad losses though. USC was one of the last 4 in and beat Arizona last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

At one point Minnesota was winning the game. One analyst said if they pull this off, it will move them off the bubble. AT 14-13???!!!! WTF!!??? I don't care WHO you beat in the season, at some point that number in the loss column has to mean SOMETHING!!!! Especially if the numbers, I don't know, are like, really close??? And Lunardi was setting up UNI people last night to be prepared for the worst if they don't win their auto bid. The writing/hyperbole has been on the wall all season for a LOT of teams that flat out are just not going to be invited to the NCAA Tourney.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You must understand that if you are in a so-called power conference you are allowed to be in the tournament. It is your right even though you may have a 500 conference record or even a losing record.!!!!!!!!!! Give every advantage to the power conference. They have the money from football.

It doesn't matter about rpi or net or any other scam we come up. IT IS OUR RIGHT AND WE GOT THE MEDIA PEOPLE TO SUPPORT IT. Thank you Joe Lumbardi , Jerry Palm, CBS, ESPN, and NCAA committee full of power conference AD.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

Well, to be fair, whoever that analyst was is completely wrong. The committee will not even give Minnesota the time of day this year. But UNI will have a tough road if they lose again because they have really bad losses.

We could use WAB or SOR and be done with these charades. Here's a John Gasaway piece that I think is outstanding on the subject:

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Also, our two best wins UCONN (66) and OSU(70) are getting closer and closer to dropping to Q2 wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                              Not a good bubble night. USC and UCLA picked up solid wins that strengthen their resume. UCLA was once dead in the water but has now won 10/12 and is tied for first in the PAC12. That is one team that wasn't close to the bubble that is now firmly in the mix. They have some really bad losses though. USC was one of the last 4 in and beat Arizona last night.
                              I'm sorry, but I'm going to laugh really really hard if UCLA and Cronin sneak in and knock Cincy out ...

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                                Also, our two best wins UCONN (66) and OSU(70) are getting closer and closer to dropping to Q2 wins.
                                They aren't getting closer and closer .. they have been floating between 66 and 75 for about a month now. If anything they are inching farther away from the 75 mark. I check it nearly daily. Win/Losses are having less and less affect on the NET at this point. Huge blowouts are really the only thing moving the needle.

Comment

Working...
                                X