Fred VanVleet (2012-16) "Future" Shocker Sports Hall of Famer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately a Toronto network…

Uninterrupted Canada and Par-Lay Content Announce Production of PAR-LAY – THE FRED VANVLEET STORY – An Original Documentary for TSN

“The documentary will look back at VanVleet’s time growing up in Rockford, Illinois, the heartbreaking challenges he faced avoiding the streets and his path to becoming a nationally ranked NCAA recruit. Viewers will follow his success at Wichita State, the gutting disappointment of not being drafted and his fight to go from the G League to one of the NBA’s top point guards.“

“In addition to holding the rights to the film’s worldwide premiere on TSN, Bell Media serves as domestic distributor in Canada for PAR-LAY – THE FRED VANVLEET STORY. The much sought-after international rights will be put to market later this year.“

https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/pr...ntary-for-tsn/

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Unfortunately a Toronto network…

Uninterrupted Canada and Par-Lay Content Announce Production of PAR-LAY – THE FRED VANVLEET STORY – An Original Documentary for TSN

“The documentary will look back at VanVleet’s time growing up in Rockford, Illinois, the heartbreaking challenges he faced avoiding the streets and his path to becoming a nationally ranked NCAA recruit. Viewers will follow his success at Wichita State, the gutting disappointment of not being drafted and his fight to go from the G League to one of the NBA’s top point guards.“

“In addition to holding the rights to the film’s worldwide premiere on TSN, Bell Media serves as domestic distributor in Canada for PAR-LAY – THE FRED VANVLEET STORY. The much sought-after international rights will be put to market later this year.“

https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/pr...ntary-for-tsn/
      That's frickin cool!

Comment

• Go team LeBron!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Go team LeBron!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yeah. It sure does. Coach Heiar had a very tiny part of Fred's recruitment. Everyone knows the reason Fred came to WSU was primarily because of Dana Ford. And g ive Ford credit for not sticking around to work under Marshall. Ford didn't work for WSU for more than 1 month. He must have seen the handwriting on the wall.. Great move on his part. Go Shocks.
            Just what handwriting are you talking about? The final four, 35-0, sweet 16?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yeah. It sure does. Coach Heiar had a very tiny part of Fred's recruitment. Everyone knows the reason Fred came to WSU was primarily because of Dana Ford. And g ive Ford credit for not sticking around to work under Marshall. Ford didn't work for WSU for more than 1 month. He must have seen the handwriting on the wall.. Great move on his part. Go Shocks.

I think Fred says that Dana Ford initiated his recruitment to WSU. But, I looked up Dana Ford’s bio because I remember him being here longer. He was a graduate assistant for HCGM at Winthrop. Then, when Marshall moved to WSU, Ford came along, and was a graduate assistant for HCGM at WSU for a season. Then, he got an assistant position at Chipola, then was an assistant at Tennessee State. Then he came back to WSU as an assistant to HCGM. He had made a two-year commitment to WSU, but left after one, to go to the Redbirds (his alma mater), when his fiance was in podiatry school in Chicago. Was at Ill. St. for two years, then back to Tennessee State, then to Missouri State. So, he has voluntarily worked with Marshall three separate times, at two different schools.

Comment

• Hadn't seen this posted yet. Taylor interviewed FVV on Wednesday after the Raptors game in OKC. Such a quality dude. Thought we could all use some good Shocker news.

Comment

• Similar mind set…

Comment

• I guess a little self-confidence doesn't hurt although it helps when you have the goods to back it up.

Comment

• Hate to quote a Bob Putz article but:

My new best friend, Doug Gottlieb, said yesterday on his radio show that one of the weaknesses he perceives with Wichita State’s basketball play is the point-guard play of sophomore Fred VanVleet.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/spt-co...#storylink=cpy
                      Gottlieb went on to say that he doesn’t believe VanVleet would match up well with some of the bigger, quicker guards in the country. He believes VanVleet is a nice guard in the Missouri Valley Conference, but that the uptick in competition once the NCAA Tournament begins will show VanVleet to be average or slightly above average.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/spt-co...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        Hate to quote a Bob Putz article but:

This is an example of Bob actually knowing what the hell he was talking about and Gottlieb being the one who was a toolbag.
                        78-65

Comment

• Speaking of Fred. He is out tonight with some sort of knee injury. Hopefully it is just him needing some rest.

Update: Saw that he had an MRI that was negative. Hope he gets healthy by the time the All Star Game comes around Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            I guess a little self-confidence doesn't hurt although it helps when you have the goods to back it up.
                            Fred and I do have one thing in common...no one ever thought either of us would play in the NBA.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Fred and I do have one thing in common...no one ever thought either of us would play in the NBA.
                              Bet on yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Bet on yourself!
                                I think that was the issue. I didn't believe enough.

It definitely wasn't the lack of height, athleticism, and skill.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X