Fred VanVleet (2012-16) "Future" Shocker Sports Hall of Famer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Does he have any more sons who are potential lottery picks?
    Alan plays in the g-league I think still. AG jr. is a projected lottery pick this year out of duke.

Comment

• Sporting News grades VanVleet's season. Article includes a 10:45 highlight video that has a few 1-on-3 transition baskets he made.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
        Sporting News grades VanVleet's season. Article includes a 10:45 highlight video that has a few 1-on-3 transition baskets he made.

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/...syuzeehhtynvqa
        Spoiler alert- he got an A. Captain and All-Star, face of the franchise, second most deflections and second most loose ball recoveries. One of the best defensive guards in the league.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• To me Fred's game is a point guard version of Larry Bird's game. Very cerebral and BBIQ off the charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Spoiler alert- he got an A. Captain and All-Star, face of the franchise, second most deflections and second most loose ball recoveries. One of the best defensive guards in the league.
            Somewhat unpopular opinion: there's a reason we put him on Yogi Ferrell in the second half (and some of the first half) of the Indiana game in 2014-2015...Tekele was guarding him in the first half. Fred was better suited to guard Yogi because of what was in his picnic basket.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Somewhat unpopular opinion: there's a reason we put him on Yogi Ferrell in the second half (and some of the first half) of the Indiana game in 2014-2015...Tekele was guarding him in the first half. Fred was better suited to guard Yogi because of what was in his picnic basket.
              Not unpopular at all. I seem to remember 3G explaining that Fred was better equipped than Tekele to guard other point guards.
              78-65

Comment

• Fred also had a long history of shutting down Yogi from the AAU circuit.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Not unpopular at all. I seem to remember 3G explaining that Fred was better equipped than Tekele to guard other point guards.
                  Yeah, maybe not unpopular. It was always interesting to me.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Fred was a great defensive player.. But Tekel made that guard from Pittsburgh cry after the game. Tekel shutdown that kid from Gonzaga. I can't remember his name but he did not play well against the Shocks because Tekel was guarding him. Some say the best defensive team ever , Fred, Ron, Tekel, Evan, and Carter in the center position.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                      Fred was a great defensive player.. But Tekel made that guard from Pittsburgh cry after the game. Tekel shutdown that kid from Gonzaga. I can't remember his name but he did not play well against the Shocks because Tekel was guarding him. Some say the best defensive team ever , Fred, Ron, Tekel, Evan, and Carter in the center position.
                      I thought the guard Tekele made cry was from Ohio State.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Aaron Craft. I think Malcolm had a lot to do with that, though.

And the Gonzaga guard that had an “interesting night” was Kevin Pangos.

Tekele wasn’t always the best match up for the opposing PG. But whoever he was assigned to was guaranteed at least a frustrating evening.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Tray Woodall was the name. Indeed from Pitt.
                          78-65

Comment

• Comment

• Hell, Tekele made me cry.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I could be mistaken but I thought that was Malcolm Armistead on Aaron Craft. I don't think Craft was crying but he was very upset with what Malcolm did to him. A Craft another overrated player from the Big 10 conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X