No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet (2012-16) "Future" Shocker Sports Hall of Famer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred may not be playing for WSU anymore but his ascension into an all-star has been the most exciting thing about this season.

Comment

• I watched 2 minutes of both All Star Basketball, and Pro Bowl Football games. They both "suck" with prima donna's going through the motions.

The only All Star game worth watching is the Baseball game, where the players, and coaches care, and compete to win. At least if you don't like watching baseball, everyone likes "REAL" competition.

I was excited for Fred getting into the All Star Basketball game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        I watched 2 minutes of both All Star Basketball, and Pro Bowl Football games. They both "suck" with prima donna's going through the motions.

The only All Star game worth watching is the Baseball game, where the players, and coaches care, and compete to win. At least if you don't like watching baseball, everyone likes "REAL" competition.

I was excited for Fred getting into the All Star Basketball game.
        The 4th quarter with the Elam style ending was the best part because it was somewhat competitive

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

The 4th quarter with the Elam style ending was the best part because it was somewhat competitive
          I’ll let you watch 3 hours of Theater (see WWF) before the NBA All Stars become “Somewhat Competitive”. It’s a waste of my time. Playing good 1 on 1 defense the whole game shouldn’t be that difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Dang, Curry went OFF last night at the all-star game. 16 freaking 3 pointers (previous record was 9). Sounds like Curry's record-setting pace caused FVV not to get much minutes, but it didn't seem to phase FVV who had a good time:

Steph was lucky he was on the same team as FVV because we all know Fred would have shut curry down

Comment

• The average everyday rec game has substantially more D than what was on display last night.

Defense should not even be a part of the conversation when it comes to the NBA all-star game. It used to be pretty good (the game and the D) way back when...

Comment

• Great article by Taylor Eldridge on Fred at the all star game. I never get tired of watching Fred and listening to him. He is a great interview. Speaking of no defense in the All Star game, I really didn't expect to see any. These guys are not going to get hurt trying to stop someone from scoring in an All Star game for the fans. Too much money at stake for a career to get injured.

Comment

• After Nurse was ejected, FVV, out of the game with an injury, took on the role of interim coach

Injured guard Fred VanVleet appeared to be directing traffic and calling plays from the Raptors' bench after coach Nick Nurse was ejected.

Comment

• I'm probably younger than some on here and may not appreciate some of the older Shockers as much...

But damn, FVV. He's inching up to the GOAT Shocker status imo.

Comment

• I never get tired of reading about Fred Vanvleet. Awesome.

Comment

• Fred VanVleet Faces Another Decision With Contract Extension Available: Bet On Yourself or Take the Money? - Sports Illustrated
                        https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...ions-offseason
                        BY AARON ROSE
                        ​​​​​05/09/22

"...This summer VanVleet is going to be faced with another decision: Double down or hold? At 28 years old, he's entering the third year of his record-breaking four-year, $85 million contract and is set to make $21.25 million this season before he holds a player option at $22.82 million in 2023-24.

If he wants, he can ride out the season and, assuming he stays healthy and he plays at or near an All-Star level next year, he can opt-out of the final year of his deal and become an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2023. Worst case scenario, he'll have that nearly $23 million cushion to fall back on should something go awry. In the best-case scenario, VanVleet takes his game to another level and signs something close to the five-year nearly $200 million max contract he'd be eligible for as an eighth-year player."

Comment

• Can The Raptors Be All About Size and Versatility With Fred VanVleet on the Roster? Masai Ujiri Explains Why it Works - Sports Illustrated

05/09/22

"The Toronto Raptors may be all about size and versatility, but Masai Ujiri has made it clear Fred VanVleet isn't going anywhere...

Sure, if this was a video game, the Raptors would be looking to move on from VanVleet for some higher rated, taller, and possibly younger player. But that’s not how the real world works. VanVleet is the heart and soul of this group, the protégé to Kyle Lowry whose tough-minded underdog mentality has filtered down from one generation of Raptors basketball to the next.

“Every time you talk to Freddy… it’s winning. Win, win, win. It comes out of their mouths all the time.” Ujiri said. “You talk to all the players, and it’s win, win, win. The players you get like that are the players that are going to win. That’s what they believe in.”...

“He’s a winner. He’s a champion. He’s an All-Star. He beats everything,” Ujiri added. “That’s bigger than 6-9. That’s the truth. It’s bigger than 6-9. That guy’s heart is bigger. And you need those guys on your team.”

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                            Can The Raptors Be All About Size and Versatility With Fred VanVleet on the Roster? Masai Ujiri Explains Why it Works - Sports Illustrated

05/09/22

"The Toronto Raptors may be all about size and versatility, but Masai Ujiri has made it clear Fred VanVleet isn't going anywhere...

Sure, if this was a video game, the Raptors would be looking to move on from VanVleet for some higher rated, taller, and possibly younger player. But that’s not how the real world works. VanVleet is the heart and soul of this group, the protégé to Kyle Lowry whose tough-minded underdog mentality has filtered down from one generation of Raptors basketball to the next.

“Every time you talk to Freddy… it’s winning. Win, win, win. It comes out of their mouths all the time.” Ujiri said. “You talk to all the players, and it’s win, win, win. The players you get like that are the players that are going to win. That’s what they believe in.”...

“He’s a winner. He’s a champion. He’s an All-Star. He beats everything,” Ujiri added. “That’s bigger than 6-9. That’s the truth. It’s bigger than 6-9. That guy’s heart is bigger. And you need those guys on your team.”
                            Somebody gets it...

Speaking of Toronto, I saw that the Lakers were going to interview Adrian Griffin for their head coach opening. Doubt he is a serious contender but getting an interview is pretty cool.

Comment

• I scoffed at AG as a serious candidate here.

Obviously things change.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                                I scoffed at AG as a serious candidate here.

Obviously things change.
                                Does he have any more sons who are potential lottery picks?
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X