Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
    What ever happened to D. Ford?
    Still at SWOMO right?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• “What a lot of people don’t know is that even though VanVleet’s finalists were all mid-major schools, he was on the high-major radar. Tony Bennett at Virginia had begun calling him, as did Greg McDermott who was recently hired at Creighton.”

Excuse me?
      Last edited by WuShock16; February 5, 2021, 02:48 PM.
      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        “What a lot of people don’t know is that even though VanVleet’s finalists were all mid-major schools, he was on the high-major radar. Tony Bennett at Virginia had begun calling him, as did Greg McDermott who was recently hired at Creighton.”

Excuse me?
        Even "The Rug" called him or at least said that he was interested, but WSU had him already iirc.

Comment

• I love the quote that IB had about Fred the first time he thought about scheduling WSU in a game while at Louisiana Tech. He was told by the head coach that they could not play WSU because Fred VanVleet does not turn the ball over. Louisiana press would not work.

Comment

• I seem to recall a radio interview where Fred was asked about all the high-major offers he was receiving later that July after his commitment to WSU. His response was something to the effect of, "Where were you [the high-major coaches] before now? I don't remember seeing you at my games."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Even "The Rug" called him or at least said that he was interested, but WSU had him already iirc.
              Sorry, I should have bolded the part I was questioning. In the summer of 2011, Creighton was still very much in the Valley with no imminent Big East talk yet. If finalist WSU was a mid-major, no way was Creighton in that high-major category.
              78-65

Comment

• It was dumb mistake by the journalist.

Comment

• Nm
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Fred with 32 points, 9 assists, 3 rebounds, and 3 steals in a win over the Grizzlies tonight. More of the same...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      Fred with 32 points, 9 assists, 3 rebounds, and 3 steals in a win over the Grizzlies tonight. More of the same...

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

He better be careful with Trippy McTripperson gaurding him there...

Comment

Fred with 32 points, 9 assists, 3 rebounds, and 3 steals in a win over the Grizzlies tonight. More of the same...
                          Mrs. WstateU watched Fred's game last night (she watches almost every game on-line) and said Nick Nurse was 'tossed' in the second half with the Raptors trailing by 10 or so. Fred immediately huddled the team and they went on a big run to take the lead and win the game. She said Fred was pretty good during crunch time. Did I mention she likes to watch Fred?

We had several conversations with Fred during his WSU playing career and you will not find a better individual; personable, respectful and polite... he's got the entire package.
                          His parents deserve part of the credit...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

He better be careful with Trippy McTripperson gaurding him there...
                            Actually: "First, Nurse picked up his second technical, then Grayson Allen got called for a flagrant on ChrisBoucher. All of this allowed Toronto to remain close before the Raptors pulled away in the fourth."

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Mrs. WstateU watched Fred's game last night (she watches almost every game on-line) and said Nick Nurse was 'tossed' in the second half with the Raptors trailing by 10 or so. Fred immediately huddled the team and they went on a big run to take the lead and win the game. She said Fred was pretty good during crunch time.
                              "VanVleet called Nurse's second technical "a great ejection."

"After that, it felt like all we needed to do was get rid of him. We were better off without him," the guard said with a laugh."

Comment

• Fred had an off night...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X