Fred VanVleet (2012-16) "Future" Shocker Sports Hall of Famer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Probably dual. American parents but born in Canada eh. Too early to offer Jr. a scholly?
    So he can come here and drink Molsons and kick ass? Hope we're out of Molsons.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

So he can come here and drink Molsons and kick ass? Hope we're out of Molsons.
      Leblatt Blue will do fine.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Nice family. Are his kids Canucks or 'mericans?
        I seem to recall that his daughter was born in Illinois. Don’t know about FVV 2.0.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Be sure to catch Fred's block (yes BLOCK), just a little below that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

He caught Mamukelashvili in the face too. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

He caught Mamukelashvili in the face too. Lol
                Please tell me you had to look that spelling up.

Comment

Please tell me you had to look that spelling up.
                  That spelling is correct? I thought he just threw some letters together and figured it had to be close enough
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I ran into a guy at McAlister's wearing a Jokic shirt. I thought the pronunciation was Jock Itch.

Comment

Does Fred have a chance to make the All Star Team? Last time I looked, he was way down on the list, and it didn't look good, It seems like he's playing better than several I saw on the list ahead of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Does Fred have a chance to make the All Star Team? Last time I looked, he was way down on the list, and it didn't look good, It seems like he's playing better than several I saw on the list ahead of him.
                        The All Star game has next to nothing to do with rewarding performance and everything to do with just putting the most popular players on the court.

What league wants to showcase their best talent when they can just role out their most popular players?
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The All Star game has next to nothing to do with rewarding performance and everything to do with just putting the most popular players on the court.

What league wants to showcase their best talent when they can just role out their most popular players?
                          That's what every league is and the fans vote in the starters, so what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

You sound like a bonafide NBA fan. Don't care about the NBA. Just a FVV guy. He seems to be deserving, even if not popular. Royals have the same problem in baseball but they usually get a couple on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I’m sure he’ll have to be a coaches choice… currently #10 in voting for guards in eastern division. Would love to see him rewarded (great storyline), but won’t count on it.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

It just diminishes what it means to be an All Star. I'd prefer sports actually pick the best players to represent the teams but that's me and I've always felt that way.

I was also simply explaining why FVV isn't an All Star and may never be.

But I've always been bothered by guys having bad seasons still being All Stars simply because of their name. It's why Orlando Brown the Chiefs O-line representative for the Pro Bowl honors despite probably being the least effective among the four full-time starters for the team. It's all about his name and less about what he's actually done.

If that's how the leagues want to do it I understand. I just don't personally like it.

And to the Royals, that fan base has been accused numerous times of stuffing the ballots to get reps. But they've also had guys left off at times that were deserving.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X