Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Crossover Classic (formerly Battle 4 Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

I get all that, but it has nothing to do with the Saturday lab test. We practice with regulation size basketballs, not 28.5" "girls" balls. I'm sure we knew the 15 minute test would be protocol upon arrival. We should've tested with the same before departing. This isn't complicated. Frankly, showing up and getting booted from the airport bc we weren't prepared is bush league.
    You might look around - it happening daily. Teams are dropping like flys and it is accelerating.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

I get all that, but it has nothing to do with the Saturday lab test. We practice with regulation size basketballs, not 28.5" "girls" balls. I'm sure we knew the 15 minute test would be protocol upon arrival. We should've tested with the same before departing. This isn't complicated. Frankly, showing up and getting booted from the airport bc we weren't prepared is bush league.
      The WSU test is more accurate than the 15 minute test. The 15 minute test is more likely to give a false negative than the 24-hour test. Using the 24-hour test gave a more accurate analysis than the 15-minute test would have given. It's possible they weren't able to get a 15-minute test before they got on the plane.

With the incidence of CV as high as it is and hospitals at capacity, it's possible that all the 15-minute tests available here were going to hospitals and first responders.

the organizers of the tourney probably reserved some 15-minute tests a long time ago.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• How bush league is it that Clemson flew to Florida St with a player that was showing symptoms. Why didn't they test him right before they got aboard so they wouldn't have to turn around and fly right back? Their AD must be incompetent.

We act like it only happens to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

The WSU test is more accurate than the 15 minute test. The 15 minute test is more likely to give a false negative than the 24-hour test. Using the 24-hour test gave a more accurate analysis than the 15-minute test would have given. It's possible they weren't able to get a 15-minute test before they got on the plane.
          How do those tests work? Is the 24 hour test the nasal swab type and the 15 minute one a saliva type?

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• This is what we get for living in a place that has thrown caution to the wind at every turn.

I have a team working around the world it has been absolutely embarrassing to see how much we have failed to contain this virus compared to many others. A little sacrifice and discipline could have kept this under wraps.

This could have been one of our country’s triumphs, but alas staying distant & wearing masks were all too much to ask.

Comment

• Eventually the NCAA has to realize anything more than a bus ride away is a huge waste of resources... this could be the greatest season if the schools would just do the right thing and schedule games local and in groups.

I will lose my mind if it turns out an non-essential member of the travel party screwed this up. Beyond dumb to travel in a larger group than absolutely necessary.
              Last edited by proshox; November 24, 2020, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

How do those tests work? Is the 24 hour test the nasal swab type and the 15 minute one a saliva type?
                I had the 15 min Covid test done. Nasal swab. Said it was 85% accurate. If I was to test negative, they would have done the test that you have to wait a few days for the results.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                  Eventually the NCAA has to realize anything more than a bus ride away is a huge waste of resources... this could be the greatest season of the schools would just do the right thing and schedule games local and in groups.

I will lose my mind if it turns out an non-essential member of the travel party screwed this up. Beyond dumb to travel in any larger group than absolutely necessary.
                  They keep saying "members of the travel party" tested positive... So I was wondering if it was a non player.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                    How bush league is it that Clemson flew to Florida St with a player that was showing symptoms. Why didn't they test him right before they got aboard so they wouldn't have to turn around and fly right back? Their AD must be incompetent.

We act like it only happens to us.
                    Could care less about Clemson.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

You might look around - it happening daily. Teams are dropping like flys and it is accelerating.
                      Most canceled before arriving at their destination. There's a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They keep saying "members of the travel party" tested positive... So I was wondering if it was a non player.
                        I was reading Taylor's article online at https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...247387985.html and he mentioned traveling party at the start and then a few paragraphs later mentions:

"According to a source in the athletic department, WSU last tested its team on Sunday and had one positive COVID-19 test. That team member was held back from the trip to South Dakota on Monday.

But doctors during the coronavirus pandemic have stressed that an initial negative test doesn’t necessarily guarantee that a person is not positive for COVID-19. That was the case in this situation, as multiple positive COVID-19 tests popped up upon WSU’s arrival to the Sanford Pentagon just two days later."
                        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                          This is what we get for living in a place that has thrown caution to the wind at every turn.

I have a team working around the world it has been absolutely embarrassing to see how much we have failed to contain this virus compared to many others. A little sacrifice and discipline could have kept this under wraps.

This could have been one of our country’s triumphs, but alas staying distant & wearing masks were all too much to ask.
                          It’s a virus. You can’t contain it unless you shut the entire country down. And I mean literally the entire country.

What others did it better?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Damn you, Kate! You ruin everything.
                            I know. Don’t invite Kate for Thanksgiving.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It’s a virus. You can’t contain it unless you shut the entire country down. And I mean literally the entire country.

What others did it better?
                              South Korea. They said "wear a mask". Everybody did. They said "cooperate with contact tracing". Everybody did. They did that the moment they knew there was a virus. They never shut anything down. They never had a spike in cases. They acted early and caught it early.

S. Korea has about 1/6 the population of the USA. S. Korea has had 31,353 cases of CV and 510 CV deaths. We're having 150,000+ cases daily for the last two weeks and approaching 2,000 deaths every day. Americans are unlikely to accept the restrictions that S. Korea put on their citizens. Unwillingness to accept restrictions to limit the spread of a virus that's fatal to some leads to things like losing a basketball season.

Other countries that did it better include Australia, Thailand, VietNam, New Zealand, and about every country that borders China, with the exception of Russia. Australia had a mask mandate in effect during their recent flu season. Since they're in the Southern hemisphere, their flu season is in our summer. Australia didn't have a flu season. Their mask mandate virtually eliminated flu from Australia.
                              Last edited by Aargh; November 24, 2020, 01:53 AM.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

South Korea. They said "wear a mask". Everybody did. They said "cooperate with contact tracing". Everybody did. They did that the moment they knew there was a virus. They never shut anything down. They never had a spike in cases. They acted early and caught it early.

S. Korea has about 1/6 the population of the USA. S. Korea has had 31,353 cases of CV and 510 CV deaths. We're having 150,000+ cases daily for the last two weeks and approaching 2,000 deaths every day. Americans are unlikely to accept the restrictions that S. Korea put on their citizens. Unwillingness to accept restrictions to limit the spread of a virus that's fatal to some leads to things like losing a basketball season.

Other countries that did it better include Australia, Thailand, VietNam, New Zealand, and about every country that borders China, with the exception of Russia. Australia had a mask mandate in effect during their recent flu season. Since they're in the Southern hemisphere, their flu season is in our summer. Australia didn't have a flu season. Their mask mandate virtually eliminated flu from Australia.
                                It’s easier to control a country that’s smaller in population and in geographical area.

And I refuse to believe all the data available. There are countless more countries that I could name that invoked mask wearing and shut down their economies.. and they still had/have spikes. And in reverse, there are other countries that are heavily populated, have no mandates, and have far more inferior healthcare systems but have less cases than the US. Fudgy data and/or you can’t control a virus.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X