Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Crossover Classic (formerly Battle 4 Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
    Masks are a joke man, it's sad people think they're such a life saver. Know multiple people who wear them everyone and sanitize everything and still get it. Enough with the hysteria!
    Guys. He knows multiple people. This post is a game changer.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

You are a breath of fresh air with a logical and positive post. But its hard for me to take this approach when so many have dismissed and downplayed this threat for so many months. And now some of these same people want to act like they are surprised when games are being canceled.

I recall Doctors and Scientists saying back in April that a second wave would hit the country in the fall. And our so-called leaders dismissed this idea.These people took no steps to protect the people ,let alone sports. In fact the biggest CLOWN was telling us that the virus goes away after April when it gets warmer. Now the second wave is on us. Very disappointing.
      Everyone is disappointed (except fever and stick boy) we aren’t playing. This all sucks! We don’t need to continue to hash out this argument on the basketball forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Everyone is disappointed (except fever and stick boy) we aren’t playing. This all sucks! We don’t need to continue to hash out this argument on the basketball forum.
        100% disappointed... I want to see Shocker Basketball.. Though maybe without needing a travel party ... we might have had games this week/next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

100% disappointed... I want to see Shocker Basketball.. Though maybe without needing a travel party ... we might have had games this week/next week.
          Where are you getting "travel party" from? Looks like someone on the team had it.

According to a source in the athletic department, WSU last tested its team on Sunday and had one positive COVID-19 test. That team member was held back from the trip to South Dakota on Monday.

But doctors during the coronavirus pandemic have stressed that an initial negative test doesn’t necessarily guarantee that a person is not positive for COVID-19. That was the case in this situation, as multiple positive COVID-19 tests popped up upon WSU’s arrival to the Sanford Pentagon just two days later.

Comment

Guys. He knows multiple people. This post is a game changer.
            Guess common sense isn't applicable either. Get it, move on and stop buying into the mass hysteria!

Comment

I know you are, I was being a dumbass.

I was surprised when I saw Brent Kemnitz tweeting about getting on the plane. Not that he was the reason but yeah, why is anyone except the essential crew - players, coaches, trainers - making the trip? Even if they were tested and cleared on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Where are you getting "travel party" from? Looks like someone on the team had it.
                I seem to remember a tweet from Taylor using the words “travel party”.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

The player on the team that was held back wasn't the ones that tested positive when arriving in South Dakota. They haven't said who, but it was originally mentioned as "members of the travel party" which could mean anything from Coach, Players, trainers, random people who get to fly with the team. And as pie n eye just mentioned, there were non-essential people on the plane for some reason (Brent Kemnitz tweeted he was flying with the team, so there were likely others too)

Comment

Half way down to Fort Worth
                    That was the beginning
                    Two days out of South Dakota
                    when will this end?
                    We are making progress. Remember the NCAA season was canceled because a 1 NBA player tested positive for COVID. Now we have ~20% of NCAA teams testing positive for 1 or more cases of COVID and they are just on a PAUSE.

Comment

• Maine also out of the Mohegan Sun tournament due to positive test on arrival. (same as SFA).

Comment

Maine also out of the Mohegan Sun tournament due to positive test on arrival. (same as SFA).
                        Someone needs to put together a covid tournament with all these teams already exposed.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I seem to remember a tweet from Taylor using the words “travel party”.
                          No, he said "after the team had multiple positive COVID-19 tests". I had heard a rumor it was 3 players positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

No, he said "after the team had multiple positive COVID-19 tests". I had heard a rumor it was 3 players positive.
                            It was definitely mentioned at some point last night that it was "part of the travel party" ... they might have updated and corrected that by now though. I can't remember if it was Taylor or one of the national writers.

Comment

Wait, so a player tests positive but the team still plays on? Wasn’t he exposed to everybody? Wtf?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

You are a breath of fresh air with a logical and positive post. But its hard for me to take this approach when so many have dismissed and downplayed this threat for so many months. And now some of these same people want to act like they are surprised when games are being canceled.

I recall Doctors and Scientists saying back in April that a second wave would hit the country in the fall. And our so-called leaders dismissed this idea.These people took no steps to protect the people ,let alone sports. In fact the biggest CLOWN was telling us that the virus goes away after April when it gets warmer. Now the second wave is on us. Very disappointing.
                                Yep, I’m sure if Joe was in charge, the virus would have been eradicated in April and we all would’ve been having orgies and sipping pina coladas on top of each other again by now.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X