2019-20 National Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• got my unicorn, but where's my rainbow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        Surpised about Memphis. That's a good sign of respect for us, and a good sign that Memphis was correctly re-calibrated last week, but not further punished.
        I agree. I will admit that I did not expect this high of a bump but I think it's right about where we should be right now. Gregg's got his work cut out for him today and tomorrow to convince this young team not to let down their guard. I'm pretty sure he's up to the job. Temple has taken a bit of a tumble so they'll like nothing better than to knock off the new kid on the block.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post
          Predicting #16
          For my next trick

Comment

• I shouldn't complain but I still think we should be higher. Only 1 loss. Me thinks that if Cincy, Memphis, Houston or even UConn had only one loss...they'd be in the Top-10.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
              I shouldn't complain but I still think we should be higher. Only 1 loss. Me thinks that if Cincy, Memphis, Houston or even UConn had only one loss...they'd be in the Top-10.
              Already proven true with Memphis this season

Comment

• Coaches Poll Week 11

Weekly results from the USA TODAY Sports NCAA Men’s College Basketball coaches poll, conducted weekly using a panel of head coaches at Division I schools.

#16 Wichita State
                #22 Memphis
                #35 Houston

Comment

• All AP voters had WSU 19th or better.... Except one... Jesse Newell... The KU guy. Had WSU 23, with KU at 2... And Baylor at 3.

He should have his ability to vote removed

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    All AP voters had WSU 19th or better.... Except one... Jesse Newell... The KU guy. Had WSU 23, with KU at 2... And Baylor at 3.

Jesse Newell , Kansas City Star (Kansas City, MO)
                    Email = jnewell@kcstar.com
                    Twitter - @jessenewell

What a moron!

Comment

• For those who've forgotten how to track poll votes, by voter--like me--or never knew, Collegepolltracker.com is your friend.
                      Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Jesse Newell , Kansas City Star (Kansas City, MO)
                        Email = jnewell@kcstar.com
                        Twitter - @jessenewell

What a moron!

Before you go and fulfill every stereotype that people have for WSU fans, consider this from his Twitter bio...

“I base my AP poll vote on best teams, not best résumés.”

We are around the 24-25 range for KenPom and Haslametrics, although I’m stoked we are #16 in the AP poll. It’s not completely unreasonable to have us close to the fringe. And complaining about it on Twitter will not do anything for our cause.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

All AP voters had WSU 19th or better.... Except one... Jesse Newell... The KU guy. Had WSU 23, with KU at 2... And Baylor at 3.

We are a fringe Top 25 team based on a decent amount of predictive metrics. Why are we going to revoke someone’s AP vote again? This kinda stuff just makes us look small.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Before you go and fulfill every stereotype that people have for WSU fans, consider this from his Twitter bio...

We are around the 24-25 range for KenPom and Haslametrics, although I’m stoked we are #16 in the AP poll. It’s not completely unreasonable to have us close to the fringe. And complaining about it on Twitter will not do anything for our cause.
                            Take KU and WSU out of the equation and go look at this ballot. It's a disaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

"Best teams" ... Proceeds to rank KU higher than the team that just blew them out on their home floor

Also KP is the outlier for us. The rest have WSU in the 9-20 range

Comment

That HAS to be his last week’s ballot. It just has to.

Comment

Working...
                                X