Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 National Rankings

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

    Just because the NCAA uses them doesn’t mean they are good.
    So are you choosing Industry Standard or your personal preference cherry picked ones ... make up your damn mind!!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

      But as a descriptive metric his opinion sucks. Had the ballot been released prior to, let us say the Baylor at Kansas game, and to say Kansas was the better team that is fine and a lot people would agree whether using a predictive or descriptive metric model. However, to imply after watching the game that Baylor is the inferior team fails to acknowledge what just happened on Saturday. plus you have the metric of:

      67 - 55.

      We lost to UNI at home in 2016. Was that UNI team better than us? That score was a great metric.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

        1. He voted KU higher than the team that just blew them out on their home floor. Homer vote. Baylor is the better team, resume everything. Zero reasoning to put KU over Baylor
        2. By decent amount do you mean KP?

        WSU Metrics:
        KP - 25
        NET - 9
        Massey Composite - 16
        Sagarin - 17
        KPI - 11
        Torvik - 12
        WAB - 11

        We are closer to Top 10 in metrics than we are 23.
        Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

        My post that you quoted had nothing to do with KU. Just the way Newell rated WSU. It’s fair to put us there because a decent amount of computer rankings have us there.

        The NET ranking is useful but not the best metric around. There are lots of others that people use, like the ones I mentioned. But I’m thrilled that we are as high as we are and hope we stay there.
        Add the 7 metrics together you get 101. Divide that by 7 metrics = 14.42. Yup, just the way Newell rated us.....hang the computer rankings.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

          We lost to UNI at home in 2016. Was that UNI team better than us? That score was a great metric.
          So, you're saying we should use a full resume?

          I'm very dizzy from this circle you keep spinning in.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

            So are you choosing Industry Standard or your personal preference cherry picked ones ... make up your damn mind!!!
            You’re doing that using your own opinion. We all are. KenPom has actually been a well accepted ratings system for the last ten years by college basketball. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have us ranked in the top 15.

            Why are the rankings on the team sheet aside from KenPom gospel? There can be a reasonable differing of opinion here.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
              Maybe one of you know the answer, but I simply don't know. Does the NCAA selection committee rely upon KP or the net for purpose of selection and seeding?
              It's all about the jersey. Simple.

              1760003-2.jpg

              Comment


              • Jesse,Jesse,Jesse are you a dip sh$t are what? I bet your an Elizabeth Warren fan also.... what a putz

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

                  So, you're saying we should use a full resume?

                  I'm very dizzy from this circle you keep spinning in.
                  I am. Predictive and descriptive metrics are both a part of that. I would probably have us higher than 23. But it’s not unreasonable to put us there since we are 25 in KenPom.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

                    I am. Predictive and descriptive metrics are both a part of that. I would probably have us higher than 23. But it’s not unreasonable to put us there since we are 25 in KenPom.
                    OK. So you're saying he's and idiot, but defending his right to be an idiot. That's a better take.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

                      We lost to UNI at home in 2016. Was that UNI team better than us? That score was a great metric.
                      So you want to use "a 3-point" game from four years ago to validate that Kansas is better than Baylor this week? That is kind of a stretch dont you think?

                      P.S. On that day in 2016 UNI was better than WSU, the metric proved it.

                      Comment


                      • It looks like he almost entirely based his ballot on KP rankings. It is close to being identical.

                        Comment


                        • Comment


                          • nm

                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

                              So you want to use "a 3-point" game from four years ago to validate that Kansas is better than Baylor this week? That is kind of a stretch dont you think?

                              P.S. On that day in 2016 UNI was better than WSU, the metric proved it.
                              Sweet. They finished #57 in Torvik, a rating quoted earlier. We finished #9.

                              My point is that a season's worth of efficiency is much more valuable than a game's worth of efficiency.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X