No announcement yet.

2019-20 National Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Berman has the Shockers at 15 (19 last week).
    Sam Blum has the Shockers at 13 (15 last week).

Comment

• I was hoping for this type of a result next year.

Getting the results the Shox have achieved without Dex being a significant contributor is not something that could have been expected. I think we get Dex back at last year levels if he's not expected to be the go to guy.

Stevenson and Burton obviously listened to what Marshall told them last spring and went ballistic on working on that advice. I don't think I've ever seen that level of improvement on a player at WSU, let alone two of them at the same time.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Mark Berman also left Memphis on his ballot at 21.

Comment

• Up 7 spots on Jerry Carinos ballot to 16. Memphis still in at 21.

Comment

• Jerry Carino 16 (23 last week)

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
              We should move up to at least 15. 15-1. Bunch of young gun slingers only going to get better. Let’s get up in that top 10 range. Man is this fun or what...
              Be prepared to be disappointed. I'm not convinced the voters will give us that much credit. Remember how quickly they belittled Memphis and put their loss to us more on them than on how good we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Up 7 spots on Jerry Carinos ballot to 16. Memphis still in at 21.

https://amp.app.com/amp/4452069002?_...mpression=true
                So far WSU is looking pretty good on the handful of ballots that we have seen (4). Also Memphis appears to have a chance of remaining in the top 25.

Comment

• Watching South Florida get beat by Memphis, I had mixed feelings...

On one hand, I wanted to see .01 fail and Memphis fan's delusion exponentially increase.... but on the other hand, I feel like we need the top teams in our league to do well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we'd want Memphis to beat South Florida, Tulane and ECU, but lose to Houston and Cincy, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                    Watching South Florida get beat by Memphis, I had mixed feelings...

On one hand, I wanted to see .01 fail and Memphis fan's delusion exponentially increase.... but on the other hand, I feel like we need the top teams in our league to do well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we'd want Memphis to beat South Florida, Tulane and ECU, but lose to Houston and Cincy, no?
                    I agree that we want Memphis to beat USF - but it would be nice to put a little space between us and Cincy - Houston - Memphis.

Comment

• Baylor is the new No. 1 in Andy Katz's Power 36 college basketball rankings - NCAA.COM

ANDY KATZ | CORRESPONDENT, (Not an AP Voter)
                      JANUARY 13, 2020

Baylor's historic win at Kansas was part of the best week by a team this college basketball season and vaults the Bears into the top spot of Andy Katz's weekly Power 36 college basketball rankings.

"This college basketball season is impossible to predict. So, of course, we have another major shakeup. The rankings are based on how I see the teams in this snapshot in time and the quality of wins.

Let's digest and debate:...

10. West Virginia (11): The Mountaineers are going to be one of the toughest outs in March.

15. Wichita State (24): The Shockers needed double overtime to win at UConn. But if you watched that game there aren’t many teams tougher than the Shockers. And they now have Dexter Dennis playing at a high level. Look out.

26. Memphis (20): The Tigers lost to Wichita State. No shame in that and then they escaped with a road win at South Florida Sunday...."

Comment

• #9 in the NET today.

Get NCAA college basketball rankings from the Associated Press, USA Today Coaches poll and the NCAA NET Rankings.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Jumping up to 17 from 24 on Murray's ballot.

Comment

• Predicting #16

Comment

• #17 for me; win two this week the Shockers move to <15

Comment

• This is probably a sore subject with most on here but for the longest time I too got pissed at the national attention the school in ne Kansas got and all the love. The fact they were dismissive to everyone and not just us and their holier than thou attitude both of which still exists today. Maybe its because I'm older and no wiser but I have gotten to the point that what happens at the "flagship" just doesn't matter to me. Won't play us? Fine. All I need to live with is the last time we played and all of their crowing about superior everything just makes me smile a little bigger and nod as they boast. No way does anyone here change the perception of voters and writers that believe nothing matters except what is on the jersey and not what is inside the jersey. The school in the ne part of Kansas holds no interest for me except if they lose which again puts a little smile on my face. As for me and mine I refuse to acknowledge they even deserves mention on SN except perhaps when they happen to stumble. Go Shocks

Comment

Working...
                                X