Wichita State at Furman Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

So because I have a different opinion than you and others I should be banned? And because I have a different opinion than you, your now talking violence that I should be kicked in the grapes. Well that seems fair.
    You admitted to Dan that you may have gone too far to generalize Rafferty as skinny and not athletic. That is a start. Look, your point is "Our bigs should not have let this happen." Well, did you think maybe Rafferty had something to do with that. Give him credit for being smart, crafty and talented. Nobody is saying he is "awesome," an "NBA draft pick," or even a pro prospect. I will agree with you that he isn't one of the "best" college basketball players in the country. That doesn't pass the eye test. He is very good however. Just because he plays for Furman doesn't mean he can't be excellent in a game against Wichita State. I wish the Shockers had him.

Comment

• Rafferty reminds me of the bigs from Northern Iowa who used to always give the Shox fits back in the day. Crafty with high BBIQ.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly, MKR -- and for that matter, Larry Bird wasn't athletic, either (although he did have more range than Rafferty does).

Actually, switching sports for a minute, I thought I heard the other day that when Tom Brady came out of college he dropped on some NFL draft boards because he ran a 5.0+ 40 yard dash. Slowpoke.

• This is argument is almost as silly as the one going on in the off topic forum about the baseball stadium.

Almost.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Close, but the 'baseball stadium' thread will go down in infamy.

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
      Different opinions don't bother me. Stupidity does.
      As I have stated there is clearly a double standard on this board. I have not called one single poster a name or threaten violence against anyone. Nor have I cursed any poster. Your attack on me jcalling me a name because you dont agree with my opinonj just proves my point.

Sorry but saying Raferty is 6ft 8 non athletic is not an an attack on him personally. It is a description of his basketball skills. Likewise saying he can't shoot 3pointers and shoots just 2 ft jump hooks is the same. It is fair game. Some of you think he is great and I don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

You admitted to Dan that you may have gone too far to generalize Rafferty as skinny and not athletic. That is a start. Look, your point is "Our bigs should not have let this happen." Well, did you think maybe Rafferty had something to do with that. Give him credit for being smart, crafty and talented. Nobody is saying he is "awesome," an "NBA draft pick," or even a pro prospect. I will agree with you that he isn't one of the "best" college basketball players in the country. That doesn't pass the eye test. He is very good however. Just because he plays for Furman doesn't mean he can't be excellent in a game against Wichita State. I wish the Shockers had him.
        I never admitted that I went too far about his basketball skills description. I said I am tired of hearing that he is the best college basket ball player in the Country. And I shouldn't had said he ain't sht" But I stand by everything else is said. If your going to quote me or try and paraphrase what I said get it right. I know that's difficult for some because many of you are outraged that I will not accept your point of view. Go shocks beat Clemson.

Comment

• PS Shock 85 when you attack people personally it means you are losing the debate.

Comment

PS Shock 85 when you attack people personally it means you are losing the debate.
            Maybe you need to read again. No personal attack by me. Furthermore, with your limited history here, you don't get jokes. I do feel sorry for you. A research topic for you: "kick square in the grapes".

And the game now afoot: The Last Word. You won't win.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I never admitted that I went too far about his basketball skills description. I said I am tired of hearing that he is the best college basket ball player in the Country. And I shouldn't had said he ain't sht" But I stand by everything else is said. If your going to quote me or try and paraphrase what I said get it right. I know that's difficult for some because many of you are outraged that I will not accept your point of view. Go shocks beat Clemson.
              Make up your mind. You are splitting hairs. You admitted to Dan in post 325 I think it was. Saying you went to far saying he ain’t shite is admitting you went to far about your generalization of his size, ability, etc...I have been giving you grace up till this point, but you waffling about what you said or didn’t say is just disingenuous. Changing your narrative lacks integrity when having dialogue. I’m ok with differing opinions, but don’t make things up. You lose credibility. GO SHOX...beat Clemson.

Comment

PS Shock 85 when you attack people personally it means you are losing the debate.
                What are you, 12? I'm looking for the next thing out of your mouth to be "I know you are, but what am I?"

Comment

• Sorry to hijack the thread...but by the way, I sat next to the WSU mens golf team at tge Furman game. They just happen to be in town for a golf tournament...at Furman this weekend. What are the odds of them being at the same location. Good guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                    Sorry to hijack the thread...but by the way, I sat next to the WSU mens golf team at tge Furman game. They just happen to be in town for a golf tournament...at Furman this weekend. What are the odds of them being at the same location. Good guys!
                    Please hijack it.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                      Sorry to hijack the thread...but by the way, I sat next to the WSU mens golf team at tge Furman game. They just happen to be in town for a golf tournament...at Furman this weekend. What are the odds of them being at the same location. Good guys!
                      Quality young men led by Coach Jones and coach Easterling.

Comment

• The Cyclones sure could of used Rafferty in the post last night, instead of the useless pivot (#12) they had down there.

But oh well, it was good to see the b12 go down again. More of that to come...

Comment

• Do I need to pull this car over?

Comment

• If we would’ve had a player on this team like Rafferty this season we’d be in the tournament.
                            Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Working...
                            X