No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Furman Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For comparison (not that it's relevant, I was just curious), McDuffie is ...

12th in the country in Defensive Rating.
    20th in the country in Win Shares Per 40.

That's it. Doesn't crack any other top 20 for anything.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Really, because Matt Rafferty is ...

4th in the NCAA in Offensive Rating, after being 2nd last year. WHAM!
      4th in the NCAA in Player Efficiency Rating. BAM!
      16th in the NCAA in field goal percentage. POW!
      20th in the NCAA in 2 point field goals. BLAM!
      12th in the NCAA in steals. SOCK!
      2nd in the NCAA for CAREER Offensive Rating. WHAPOW!
      15th in the NCAA for Defensive Rating. ZAP!
      4th in the NCAA for Offensive Win Shares. And I don't even know what that means!
      3rd in the NCAA for Defensive Win Shares. And I don't know what those are either, but it makes him ...
      1st in the NCAA for Win Shares. That's good right?! I'm not actually sure.
      9th in the NCAA for Plus/Minus. K.O.!!!

These rankings aren't conference rankings, they are rankings for all NCAA players in the entire COUNTRY.

I mean this guy is a statistic MONSTER!

I know what happened! When he was offered, TheShocktocles took the blue pill. Should have went with the red one!
      And yet AM & JE played him to neraly a draw!
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        Both had to play a little soft and they still had 8 fouls between them. He also was not playing 100%. Either one of our guys by his self and a weaker backup and Rafferty would have had us in real trouble.

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      And yet AM & JE played him to neraly a draw!
      Absolutely. When AM was being backed down, he was defending very well. His role was to slow the defender down and stay between Rafferty and the basket until the help came. For many of the earlier possessions the help never came. Toward the end of the half, you could see our guards adjusting and the help started arriving -- and it started slowing Rafferty's output down.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        There was no help coming. That is exactly what Furman wanted WSU to do. If they left their shooter Rafferty would then pass out for a 3.

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, that's the true art of defending ... finding the right spacing, and knowing when to delay versus when to commit.

4th in the NCAA for Offensive Win Shares. And I don't even know what that means!
      3rd in the NCAA for Defensive Win Shares. And I don't know what those are either, but it makes him ...

These rankings aren't conference rankings, they are rankings for all NCAA players in the entire COUNTRY.

I know what happened! When he was offered, TheShocktocles took the blue pill. Should have went with the red one!
      OWNED

Comment

Are you trying to convince me or yourself. I am still laughing.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Are you trying to convince me or yourself. I am still laughing.
          You're now laughing at stats?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I am sure his stats are pretty good in that tough conference he plays in. And I am sure he will be voted an AP All American. He is awesome. And let's not forget he will be drafted in the first round of the NBA because he is so good. Yeah those stats sold me. He is the is the best.

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              I remember a slow, short, non-athletic MVC Mid-Major #betonyourself point guard that never had a chance to play at the highest level... see how that worked out. I learned a long time ago (remember, I’m as old as dirt) to not underestimate anyone or anything. What’s inside a person and between his/her ears often makes the difference.

I am sure his stats are pretty good in that tough conference he plays in. And I am sure he will be voted an AP All American. He is awesome. And let's not forget he will be drafted in the first round of the NBA because he is so good. Yeah those stats sold me. He is the is the best.
            Pst...he owned (while not being 100%) the post players of the 6th best team in the AAC. I'm sure he would warrant time, effort and energy on the part of any AAC teams' scout when playing Furman. I would let this topic settle and harden...kind of like fudge. Your take and strategy on this is all fudged up.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Pst...he owned (while not being 100%) the post players of the 6th best team in the AAC. I'm sure he would warrant time, effort and energy on the part of any AAC teams' scout when playing Furman. I would let this topic settle and harden...kind of like fudge. Your take and strategy on this is all fudged up.
              Man that's different food analogy. But your right those stats made the case that Raferty will be great again. He is awesome!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for him to make the all American teams and be selected in the 1st round of the nba.

Comment

Man that's different food analogy. But your right those stats made the case that Raferty will be great again. He is awesome!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for him to make the all American teams and be selected in the 1st round of the nba.
                If you still can't appreciate that being a great college player and a great pro prospect aren't always the same thing, you will fail to appreciate a whole lot of quality college ball.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

What can I say...I love fudge. I also like a good debate, so I am looking for one. Now, where did I put that fudge.

Comment

• I think TheShocktocles is begging for the Ban Hammer. Or at least a kick square in the grapes.

Where is Tyrone?
                    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                    I think TheShocktocles is begging for the Ban Hammer. Or at least a kick square in the grapes.

Where is Tyrone?
                    So because I have a different opinion than you and others I should be banned? And because I have a different opinion than you, your now talking violence that I should be kicked in the grapes. Well that seems fair.

Comment

• WstateU
                      WstateU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Have a little sense of humor; it sure helps around here. Also keep a sarcasm meter handy. But whatever you do, beware of the 'kick to the grapes', that can be very painful.

• Rafferty's game hangs well with most college teams, including those in our zone of quality this year. Would he have more trouble against the very best college bigs? Probably, but I don't think he would get shut down completely. His coach then has used his skill set to maximize others on his team.

Does his game translate to the NBA? Probably not. But that is not the argument most of us are making here. He IS a very effective college player who may not get a whiff of the NBA. There have been and always will be plenty of players who fall into that category.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

So because I have a different opinion than you and others I should be banned? And because I have a different opinion than you, your now talking violence that I should be kicked in the grapes. Well that seems fair.
                      Different opinions don't bother me. Stupidity does.
                      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                      X