No announcement yet.

Future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m still hopeful that Poor Bear can learn the 4 by next year.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• During the last Coaches show, it was exciting to hear Teddy Allen could not be stopped in practice period! So of our new players to be here next Season so far, TA may be our top gunslinger. So far? I'm just guessing we sign one or prolly two more new recruits in the spring. Not sure how that all works, but I'm watching closely.and intently. Future? You bet we do, but patience must continue. Am I worried? Nope!!!!!!!!!!!
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        If we return all 4 centers, either Poo or Mo must redshirt. Duff leaves and we bring in Teddy and Gordon. SHJ leaves and we bring in TE and Fernandes. We are deeper even if we don't get anybody else.
        Agreed. I think the three new guys coming in next year are intriguing. If you look at their highlight packages online. I’m greedy though and would be thrilled if Marshall added a
        JUCO/Graduate Power Forward and a 2 Guard who can fill it up. Redshirting Mo would be great if he will do it to even out the the class.

Comment

• I've not been big on guessing departures after this season. However, given our history it's almost impossible not to have some thoughts who might not be here in 2019/2020. 7/9 with a possibility of a 9/11 finish and everyone still receiving minutes has me lowering my probabilities on departures. Is everyone still holding to their predictions or is our finish causing second thoughts?
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Teddy better learn to play some defense as we need him on the court. No one questions his ability to score.
            24 year old senior guard will have some advantages over an 18 year old freshman. However Ricky needs to find his shot he obviously had last year.

Comment

• I think 2 will leave. 1 because of PT and 1 because of "fit".
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• We always seem to have 1 or 2 leave every year, but who would be the biggest surprise, if they were to leave?

Last yaer, our biggest surprise was Austin Reaves.

Comment

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Biggest surprise? Dexter Dennis. we've got his prep school coach on the bench.

that's kind of an easy one.

• Man, next year is going to be fun. IMO Teddy is more suited to be the top dawg than McDuffie. McDuffie should be a Robin, not a Batman. Losing SHJ is a wash in my book. There have been 3-5 games this year we have won because of SHJ's play. There has also been 3-5 games we have lost because of his play...

Burton, Dennis, and Echenique have all proven to be impact players at the ACC level. Can't wait to see them with a full season in the program under their belts.

Stevenson and Midtgaard have both shown flashes. They both have the potential to be impact players, but have a little more question marks than the aforementioned returners. Worst case scenario they are 2 solid depth pieces on next season's roster.

I don't feel we have seen enough of Udeze or Chandler to properly speculate. Both look to have huge strengths and glaring weakness'. Would like to see Udeze RS next year, mainly to lighten that senior class.

Torres and Brown are both interesting cases. You would think we would have seen more of Brown since he has a full year in the system. He appears to have the athleticism and size to make it in the AAC, but lacking in skills. Torres clearly is the best pure pg on the team, but his shooting is such a liability. Will be interesting to see what happens with these 2 this off-season.

Next year we should bare minimum have 4 proven impact guys (Allen, Burton, Dennis, and Echenique) and 2 depth pieces with the potential to be more ( Midtgaard and Stevenson). Add in the (at least) 3 incoming new players and we should have a solid rotation of proven guys and youth. If any 1 of the freshmen step up in a big way we have the potential to be a very good team. Future is bright my friends.

Comment

• FadedCrown
                  FadedCrown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  American Conference Conference?

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                Man, next year is going to be fun. IMO Teddy is more suited to be the top dawg than McDuffie. McDuffie should be a Robin, not a Batman. Losing SHJ is a wash in my book. There have been 3-5 games this year we have won because of SHJ's play. There has also been 3-5 games we have lost because of his play...

Burton, Dennis, and Echenique have all proven to be impact players at the ACC level. Can't wait to see them with a full season in the program under their belts.

Stevenson and Midtgaard have both shown flashes. They both have the potential to be impact players, but have a little more question marks than the aforementioned returners. Worst case scenario they are 2 solid depth pieces on next season's roster.

I don't feel we have seen enough of Udeze or Chandler to properly speculate. Both look to have huge strengths and glaring weakness'. Would like to see Udeze RS next year, mainly to lighten that senior class.

Torres and Brown are both interesting cases. You would think we would have seen more of Brown since he has a full year in the system. He appears to have the athleticism and size to make it in the AAC, but lacking in skills. Torres clearly is the best pure pg on the team, but his shooting is such a liability. Will be interesting to see what happens with these 2 this off-season.

Next year we should bare minimum have 4 proven impact guys (Allen, Burton, Dennis, and Echenique) and 2 depth pieces with the potential to be more ( Midtgaard and Stevenson). Add in the (at least) 3 incoming new players and we should have a solid rotation of proven guys and youth. If any 1 of the freshmen step up in a big way we have the potential to be a very good team. Future is bright my friends.
                Good analysis. I have always said Brown is a man without a position. He is too small to be a 4 and not skilled enough to be a 4. Torres is too slow on both sides of the ball, cant shoot with D-1 defense in his grill, but can keep the offense moving. Both these players will not be in a Shocker uni next season, or won't be in the rotation. This is a business...my thought is they will be wearing different colored jersey's next season.

Comment

• 1. ES and AM are both right there with the other four giving us a strong core of six returning
                  2. I think ES starts at the two guard with JB at point and DD at the other wing
                  3. Yes, it's going to be an interesting fun year and I think we will be in the AAC's top four
                  4. Hoping that at least one of the new PG's shine and DG - good chance of that happening
                  5. Icing on the cake would be 4* c/pf signee

Comment

• Jhook89
                    Jhook89 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    IMO AM has taken massive strides, but he hasn't proven he can be an every game player. His lack of speed against more athletic centers makes his usefulness more situational. Extremely useful in some situations, but a liability in others.

With ES, I question his lateral quickness. That might be the only thing I really question about the guy but it is pretty big. Will he be able to guard AAC guards? Seems that many opposing teams game plans revolve around driving at ES.. I believe there is still a scenario where ES gets pushed down the bench next year with a couple more athletic guards coming in.

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                  Man, next year is going to be fun. IMO Teddy is more suited to be the top dawg than McDuffie. McDuffie should be a Robin, not a Batman. Losing SHJ is a wash in my book. There have been 3-5 games this year we have won because of SHJ's play. There has also been 3-5 games we have lost because of his play...

Not sure I can find anything to disagree with in this post. One thing I would like to know though. We all talk a lot about how we’d like for a returning player to take a redshirt year... but how often does that actually happen? You’ll all have to forgive my ignorance on this, but I’m just not sure I’ve ever really seen it happen. I know juco transfers will occasionally take a red shirt season, but that’s definitely not an ideal situation. Can anyone think of an example where this has actually happened?
                  Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• pie n eye
                    pie n eye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I dunno if I’ve ever seen a Juco redshirt.

Rauno Nurger is the only guy I recall playing as a freshman (and sophomore in his case) then redshirting. Of course that didn’t stick due to the Anton Grady injury.
                    Last edited by pie n eye; March 5, 2019, 07:06 PM.

• N Crestway
                    N Crestway commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Reeves may have needed to redshirt this year to get to his full potential as a player...could have contributed to his decision to transfer. The kid played through two years of shoulder problems and poor health while he was at WSU.

• DJShocker10
                    DJShocker10 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    N Crestway I have heard that there were other reasons for the transfer, but I won’t disclose those reasons here. I’m sure others have heard rumors as well. You may be right that he could’ve used the redshirt to reach his full potential, but Reaves would’ve played and played a lot for us this season.

• Only in the case when they get hurt, like Evan Wessel

Comment

• Thanks for enlightening me guys. Medical purposes I understand. I guess I was thinking of it more in the context of freeing up time for an incoming “immediate contributor” and lightening a SR class. In those instances I see it as an unlikely event. I can see where lightening a SR class could come across as slowing a player’s timeline, and that sometimes doesn’t sit well with the player (but the player doesn’t always know what’s best). And if you’re freeing a spot for newcomers to get more minutes it is likely that the upperclassman should consider transferring or just taking his minutes when he can get them.
                    Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      In Udeze's case, if he sits next year it will be primarily for medical reasons -- the benefit of reducing the class size will be incidental, although significant.

• So 3 incoming freshman and 3 open slots now?

Mcduffie & Jones Graduating and Chance Moore transferring earlier this year... why the need to have any transfer/leave after the year?

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Really, MJ? Look at the team's stats, especially on offense. Then think about some of the players WSU is actively recruiting right now (e.g., Sherfield, Christian Brown, Galen Alexander) and the current players they might potentially replace, especially in terms of upside; and ask yourself if that's really such a hard question.

I don't think it's hard to understand at all; I also think that the Shocks have a couple of guys who would far more likely prosper and improve their overall collegiate athletic experience at a lower level of competition.

• ^^^Somebody will have to go if we get Grant Sherfield

Comment

Working...
                    X