No announcement yet.

Future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For me, less time in weight room, and more time in gym. These players should be making (MAKING not shooting) at least 500 shots a day from 2-3 feet BEYOND the 3 point line. AT LEAST 500. BEYOND the 3 point line. Not at the 3 line. Along the baseline, the only shots that count are from the out of bounds lines. I'm 51 years old and it still only takes me about 30-35 minutes to get to 300. 500 is not out of the question, maybe even 2 times daily.

Comment

• RoyalShock
      RoyalShock commented
      Editing a comment
      It takes me that long just to count to 300!

• JVShocker
      JVShocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Brian - I can usually win any game of one on one because I CAN shoot from out of bounds. I've won MANY games by only shooting from out of bounds on the baseline. Trust me, everything inside the 3 point line looks like a layup to me. I won a game of 21 by only shooting from half court and shooting the free throws from the 3 point line. That means I hit at least 5 half court shots in one game of 21.

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      I was going to say I'd give anything to be in good enough shape to just shoot, to say nothing of MAKING, at least 1 long 3 every 6 seconds for half an hour.

Then I realized I'd have to get out of my recliner first. #TooLazy #That'sALotOfMakesInThirtyMinutesforConnerFrankamp

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
    For me, less time in weight room, and more time in gym. These players should be making (MAKING not shooting) at least 500 shots a day from 2-3 feet BEYOND the 3 point line. AT LEAST 500. BEYOND the 3 point line. Not at the 3 line. Along the baseline, the only shots that count are from the out of bounds lines. I'm 51 years old and it still only takes me about 30-35 minutes to get to 300. 500 is not out of the question, maybe even 2 times daily.
    They need to get comfortable with hurrying up their shot. Basically, whatever amount of time they took in high school to shoot, drive, etc needs to be faster in college. They are getting a feel how much faster that needs to be this year. The offseason needs to be working at the envelope of being out of control in order to find that comfort level. You can see the struggle this year with all the shots getting blocked. They need to get faster with the whole process of getting a shot off and making it.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      They need to watch a video of Landry Shamet; now the fastest gunslinger in the west.

• ShockerPrez
      ShockerPrez commented
      Editing a comment
      No doubt

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Let's be honest this is more JE and his two Mini-me's. JE averages more points and rebounds than the other two combined and it's not close.
    At this point, I think we can eschew season-long stats for stats over the last 5 or 6 games. It's evident AM has improved tremendously over that span, to the point where I'd almost rather see him in the game than JE.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Topshock
      Topshock commented
      Editing a comment
      If we are going to start picking games then I guess we should not count the game JE was hurt in and the ones following when he was recovering. Probably still not 100%

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Eschew!

https://media.giphy.com/media/3rqFQ8BGVw9hK/giphy.gif

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      Today's epileptic seizure is brought to you by WstateU!

• I'm hopeful that Udeze is able and willing to take a redshirt year next year. He's going to miss an entire summer of workouts. There will be strength and conditioning issues. He looked good early in the season, but really faded once the shoulder started bothering him.

Rehab from shoulder injuries is long. Give him some extra time to get in shape, get his range of motion back, and move one player out of the logjam in the So class next year.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• proshox
      proshox commented
      Editing a comment
      This. We need him healthy in the long run.

• 1979Shocker
      1979Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Has Udeze had the shoulder surgery yet. I know they said it would be after the season is over, but if he's not playing anymore, why not have it now?

• Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post
    The team definitely needs more quality big men. So far there is not a player north 6'6 who looks like a future stud. That is not to say that they couldn't develop with some hard work in the gym and the weight room. Until one is recruited, the team will just need to work on developing what they have. Jamie E. Is the closet and by next season he might by the kind of guy who could be more of a force. Midtgard as somebody mentioned earlier is just too slow for athletic big men. He will probably always be a guy that will have his minutes limited when facing mobile centers.
    This whole idea of needing to get "dominant" centers is funny.

No ****, it would be nice.

How many dominant centers--freshmen, no less--are out there this year in the entire NCAA? How many of them aren't playing for Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, or North Carolina?
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Shockadaisical
      Shockadaisical commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm. I don't see the word dominant anywhere in my post. I give props to Jamie and point out that with some development that the others might be able to get to the point of contributing more. The point is that we should be looking and trying to recruit a good forward or center, just the same as we have continued to recruit guards.

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

At this point, I think we can eschew .
    "watched yourself gavotte "

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Let's be honest this is more JE and his two Mini-me's. JE averages more points and rebounds than the other two combined and it's not close.
      That’s not true in all circumstances. Certainly JE is the best post, and gets the most minutes, but...

conference stats:

JE: 17.8 min, 7.4 points, 5.5 boards
      AM: 12.8 min, 4 points, 3.8 boards
      IPBC: 11 min, 4.4 points, 2.5 boards

Livin the dream

Comment

• wufan
        wufan commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t understand your irrational hatred of AM. I did not have to lump three together. You are the one that keeps saying if you slice it this way or that way that AM is worthless. Your theory is wrong. I’m showing you all the ways you’re wrong. If you can’t see it, that’s on you.

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        Your the one with an irrational man crush on AM, He has some offensive skill and is a horrible defensive player at this point Those are the only facts you need do know. Just accept them and move on.

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        “Horrible” seems ‘harsh’...
        Do you have something against the Danish/Dutch? :)

• If you look at games in the recent past, JE has played well in realatively few minutes because of foul problems, etc. AM has really come on, and played well, and PBC has shown potential. So while statistically you are correct, anyone can see that the other two have given us good minutes too. The way we foul, we are lucky all three are coming along and improving.

Comment

• I have this recurring dream of a 23 year old senior Poor Bear that looks like he is 35 years old and is beating the living $##t out of people. At least that is in my dream.

Comment

• 870BCC3B-E7D2-4B18-848E-07E254C925A4.jpeg
        Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
        For me, less time in weight room, and more time in gym. These players should be making (MAKING not shooting) at least 500 shots a day from 2-3 feet BEYOND the 3 point line. AT LEAST 500. BEYOND the 3 point line. Not at the 3 line. Along the baseline, the only shots that count are from the out of bounds lines. I'm 51 years old and it still only takes me about 30-35 minutes to get to 300. 500 is not out of the question, maybe even 2 times daily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
          I have this recurring dream of a 23 year old senior Poor Bear that looks like he is 35 years old and is beating the living $##t out of people. At least that is in my dream.
          IPBC will be an absolute BEAST for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post

IPBC will be an absolute BEAST for us.
            He was ugly last night.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Topshock
              Topshock commented
              Editing a comment
              Along with AM's defense

• AM and ES do not have enough quickness to play D. Notice a pattern?

Comment

• asiseeit
              asiseeit commented
              Editing a comment
              AM and ES are NOT the problem and we would be in big trouble without them ! Look
              at our small guards who can't guard AAC level guards and on offense last night were
              4-19. TERRIBLE ! BTW, AM and ES were 6-8. Now you tell me who hurt us last night.
              Wonder what the outcome might have been if ES/AM had taken 19 shots and the small guards
              only 8 ?

• pinstripers
              pinstripers commented
              Editing a comment
              Doesn't change the fact that those two lack quickness.

• I just went and looked up freshman stats on FVV Baker and Cotton and compared them to JB DD and ES. Nothing huge jumps off the charts to make you think the first group is better than our current freshman during their first years here. Points assists TO rebounds ect. All comparable. The main differences....

1. The first set of FR had experienced players to learn the system as they progressed. They had nearly 6 months to get it and contribute down the stretch. They were not guided by SHJ or MM. That eventually got them to the final four. The next year's team went undefeated. Those two teams had three NBA players on them. THREE

2. AAC vs The Valley. Or current FR are playing against better competition night end and night out. They are playing against upperclassmen, some of whom will be cashing NBA checks next year. Part of the being able to get better, repetition. Doing the same thing over and over till you can di it in your sleep. You know. Practice. The entire Valley season was practice. You knew the game was over after the tip. The opponent knew it was over during warm-ups. There was very little resistance. It was, for the most part, a seven month practice session getting ready for March. We will not get the luxury of having practice games in the AAC.

I don't know about anyone else here but I'm going to look back at the season and remember how much this team had grown from the La Tech game. Just like when your kid takes their first steps, falls down and cracks their head on the coffee table. Eventually they get it and are running all over the place. Thus team is not that far away from a 20+ wins. Davidson were couldn't make a flippin layup. Alabama went 31 for 33 at the line. We didn't score the last 3+mintues against Temple. Memphis.... couldn't stop Martin. Next year's team won't have that deer in the headlights look like in the La Tech game. I see these as all wins next year.

For the most part, we don't have crazy shot selection outside of .... well... you know. To me, those 10-15 crap shots per game might as will be turnovers. Let's say half of those turn into good shots next year and we make half of them. DD JB and ES will hopefully be working on handles this coming offseason. JB work on his outside shooting. This team will improve to no worse than fourth next year and start another string of NCAA tourney runs.

Comment

• asiseeit
              asiseeit commented
              Editing a comment
              Agree..........we will be a better TEAM. DD, JE, AM, ES, JB and TA are ALL solid
              AAC level players and if just one of the newcomers blossoms quickly we will not
              only finish in the top four but contend for the top two. Top 50 team next year and
              back to the dance. Still a good chance for NIT this season.

• At this point, and we are a long ways into the season, it looks like we really only have 2 reliable scorers going into next year - DD and JE. Dex has only been a recent emergence, but you can see he has it in him. I think ES can become a reliable scorer as well, but we can’t afford to let him be a volume shooter like he was in high school. He must get more efficient with his shooting. After that, it’s a pretty big drop off. At least MM and sometimes SHJ gives us a couple more options. We need our guys to transform their games this offseason if they want to be a big part of this team.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Dan, if you don't think Teddy Allen is a reliable scorer for next season, you must be expecting him to have acquired the worst coat of rust of all time.

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope he is and think he will be. He just hasn’t done it yet at WSU, so still not a complete known commodity.
          Working...
          X