No announcement yet.

2011 Roster Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two starting guards next year could be walk-ons right now...my goodness. I had heard some glowing reports about Baker from some of my fine forum friends, but it was good to see it confirmed by the Eagle.
    Livin the dream

Comment

I watched 3 highlight videos on Baker months ago, and he is a good player.
      He reminded me a little of Wessel, but with a good outside shot, not that Wessel doesn't have a good outside shot.

I don't think we will have a lack of talent this year, but more or less, how our coaches develop that talent.

Comment

Wait a minute.. Wessel is as talented as Baker? So is Wessel going to contribute to the team this year, on the floor, during regular season games? I hadn't counted on it, but maybe he will?

Comment

Neither Wessel nor Baker is likely to get meaningful minutes this year. Of all the freshman, White is the only one I expect to play more than 100 minutes this year. A key injury could change that, but I doubt it.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
            Neither Wessel nor Baker is likely to get meaningful minutes this year. Of all the freshman, White is the only one I expect to play more than 100 minutes this year. A key injury could change that, but I doubt it.
            Just out of curiosity, how much time have you spent observing the practices? Logistically, we probably need White to play this year, but i'd be willing to bet that at least one of the other freshmen get decent minutes this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
              Originally posted by wufan
              Just out of curiosity, how much time have you spent observing the practices? Logistically, we probably need White to play this year, but i'd be willing to bet that at least one of the other freshmen get decent minutes this year.
              I have spent zero minutes, and in fact I haven't seen a single newcomer in person. My thought is based on actual available minutes versus the liklihood that one of the newcomers is going to take those minutes away from one of the upper-classmen. That and the fact that Baker is supposed to RS this year.
              Livin the dream

Comment

I have seen Baker in person, and the kid has the same commanding presence about him as any of the seniors, and perhaps more so.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I just have one thing to say about our roster. All of our white kids are in serious need of a haircut. They all look like they just stepped off the set of a Nickelodean sit-com.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
                    I just have one thing to say about our roster. All of our white kids are in serious need of a haircut. They all look like they just stepped off the set of a Nickelodean sit-com.
                    Wrong. Baker's salad is going to be a DISRUPTIVE FORCE, mark it down, in ink.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Flopsy, Mopsy, and CottonTail?
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Look back at the team photos in the 70's. Compared to the look back then all these young men look like all american types. :)

Comment

Originally posted by shock
                          I have seen Baker in person, and the kid has the same commanding presence about him as any of the seniors, and perhaps more so.
                          I have never seen him play, but have certainly heard great things about him, and I am very excited to see what he becomes.

That said, he has not even been shell-shocked or tested by the transition from highschool to Div 1 sports yet. It even takes the top ranked juco players half a season to adjust. We have five very talented and _very_ experienced seniors this year. They have all gone through a metamorphosis many times over -- and every one of them has a national championship ring.

Do you really think Baker's command presence is greater than our seniors?

I'll chalk your comment up to over-exhuberance (which I also am extremely enthusiastic about our new recruits).

But if you are right .. that bodes nothing but super great things for our future!
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Kyle Wilson, FTW!

Comment

Don't forget about Bret Wise's hair while he was on the team. Wasn't it really spiky?
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Don't forget about Matt Brauer's hair his first couple of years here.

Comment

Working...
                                X