Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zardoz
    Originally posted by WuDrWu
    In 2012-13 Malcolm Armstead is going to make Jake Odum run home to his momma, crying with his 3 goggles shoved where the sun don't shine and ISUB fans can copy, quote and paste that all they want and it just won't matter because that's the way it's going to be.

I just felt like tossing that in.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
    Before or after FVV leaves him standing with his feet tangled in his jock?
    That can't happen if Armstead starts. Armstead will have stolen it by the time Double-V hits the court.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
      Originally posted by Zardoz
      In 2012-13 Malcolm Armstead is going to make Jake Odum run home to his momma, crying with his 3 goggles shoved where the sun don't shine and ISUB fans can copy, quote and paste that all they want and it just won't matter because that's the way it's going to be.

I just felt like tossing that in.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
      Before or after FVV leaves him standing with his feet tangled in his jock?
      That can't happen if Armstead starts. Armstead will have stolen it by the time Double-V hits the court.
      Aren't rubberbands banned from the court?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
        Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
        If EW doesn't redshirt I'll be stunned. With a capital s.

:yes:
        :yes: :yes:
        A RS isn't a sign of a lack of talent. It's a sign of talent that might be wasted as a deep sub.

There's no reason to keep a guy around for 5 years who's only going to be a role player. I think Wessel has the talent to warrant 5 years of a scholarship, but his eligibility would be pretty much wasted this year.
        I would just like to see either Wessel or Ede play some this year for the reasons mentioned above by wufan. I would like to see some returning experience there next season. If both redshirt, I think it could lead to a little slower start next season. I could be wrong, but I'd feel more comfortable with some experience there.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
          Originally posted by SubGod22
          Originally posted by verbeak
          Tekele Cotton better be really really good or he will be overlooked pretty easily. Hope he is up to the challenge.
          Sounded like he did quite well for himself in Brazil, so I'm not too worried. I definitely would like to see at least one of Ede, Wessel and Cotton play this year. I'd just feel better having a little bit more experience in the backcourt. With that said:

C - Stutz (23) Ehimen (15) Hall (2)
          PF - Hall (22) White (18)
          SF - Kyles (15) Smith (18) Wessel (7)
          SG - Murry (27) Kyles (8) DWill (5)
          PG - Rags (28) DWill (12)

I think that all adds up and feel we may see something like this. I know I don't have Anacreon on this list though. I suppose he could take some of Whites minutes or if he's capable of being on the wing some or all of Wessel. Honestly, I know the least about him and it's hard to project that.

I also just noticed that's 11. Maybe I need to rethink this, but we have so much talent it's hard to narrow it down. We are going to have games where we're up big though and guys like Wessel (or whoever doesn't redshirt) and White will benefit greatly from those games.
          Has Kyles ever played the SF? I believe Murry will be the one splitting time at the SF and SG.

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing if Wessel averages 7 minutes, but I'll guess less minutes than that.

I will be extremely happy if EO plays 15 mpg. The downside is that Hall will play more than 24 mpg and that leaves even fewer minutes for Anacreon and White.
          our offense doesnt really matter what position you play. its a motion offense where they share responsibilites

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7
            Tekele Cotton better be really really good or he will be overlooked pretty easily. Hope he is up to the challenge.
            Sounded like he did quite well for himself in Brazil, so I'm not too worried. I definitely would like to see at least one of Ede, Wessel and Cotton play this year. I'd just feel better having a little bit more experience in the backcourt. With that said:

I think that all adds up and feel we may see something like this. I know I don't have Anacreon on this list though. I suppose he could take some of Whites minutes or if he's capable of being on the wing some or all of Wessel. Honestly, I know the least about him and it's hard to project that.

I also just noticed that's 11. Maybe I need to rethink this, but we have so much talent it's hard to narrow it down. We are going to have games where we're up big though and guys like Wessel (or whoever doesn't redshirt) and White will benefit greatly from those games.
            Has Kyles ever played the SF? I believe Murry will be the one splitting time at the SF and SG.

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing if Wessel averages 7 minutes, but I'll guess less minutes than that.

I will be extremely happy if EO plays 15 mpg. The downside is that Hall will play more than 24 mpg and that leaves even fewer minutes for Anacreon and White.
            our offense doesnt really matter what position you play. its a motion offense where they share responsibilites
            Then I want stutz at pg and Hall down low...
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Uhhhh that's kind of a pretty broad statement. I'd say that the 2,3, and 4 are all fairly interchangable by player in the 4-1 motion. You can't really let anyone play PG or C. But I definitely would agree if you said 2,3 & 4 are. Especially the way Coach is recruiting, eventually those positions will almost be identical in height and weight. We're recruiting tall, lean players.

I would argue that in the next 2 years, our starting line up will have the tallest average height in the Valley.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_

Uhhhh that's kind of a pretty broad statement. I'd say that the 2,3, and 4 are all fairly interchangable by player in the 4-1 motion. You can't really let anyone play PG or C. But I definitely would agree if you said 2,3 & 4 are. Especially the way Coach is recruiting, eventually those positions will almost be identical in height and weight. We're recruiting tall, lean players.

I would argue that in the next 2 years, our starting line up will have the tallest average height in the Valley.
                I took him to mean only the 2 and 3. Which I would agree with. I'm not going to throw the 4 is because you still have D to consider as well. But I understand what you're saying about lumping the 4 in. I don't think we're there at this point and may or may not ever really be.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

- I would expect Anacreon to start at some point in his career here.. maybe, just maybe, even this year. He's been described as a Ramon Clemente type but with better offense and shot-blocking abilities.- :good: Get a load of these highlights..

Grade "A" finisher , High Percentage shooter, effective low post offensive footwork, High percentage clutch free throw shooter, Aggressive, enthusiastic defe...

Comment

Anacreon is definitely a more refined version of Ramon.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I also expect Hall, White and Anacreon to be surprisingly decent enough replacements for Blair, Ellis and Durley this season (considering that the loss of those three down under the basket is supposed to be the Shox achilles heel).. like the Shox simply reloaded. Next year, LOOK OUT!

Comment

This discussion really gets your juices flowing for Shocker BB. Should be fun year watching how all this plays out with all the new faces joining the program.

With so many new team members (8) seems like the odds of at least one of these kids really stepping up and surprising on the upside would be pretty good.

Comment

If Anacreon is that type of player I'll be happy. I haven't heard much and have seen less. I don't think we'll be too concerned about post play this year. I understand people being so right now, but I think we'll all be quite happy come conference play if not sooner.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Has anyone observed any of the new guys at pick-up games post Brazil?
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

"Baker, a guard from Scott City, shows enough talent to tempt Marshall to play him this season."

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/10/09/205...#ixzz1aH8yEf5z
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                                "Baker, a guard from Scott City, shows enough talent to tempt Marshall to play him this season."

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/10/09/205...#ixzz1aH8yEf5z
                                Message from 3G to to 3 Sr's: "I've got a Fr walkon who wants your minutes".
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X