Shocker Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    We complain about only getting 6,000 out for this event. Creighton held theirs in a facility that only holds 2,500.

Yup. I'm not saying WSU does a great job promoting it or that WSU fandom does a great job supporting this event, but I'm still waiting for any who thinks WSU and its fans are subpar in their efforts to take my earlier challenge to back their claims.

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Like Doc, I'm not taking sides here.

While I see a lot of critizism of the promotion and production of Shocker Maddness and DSB's interesting suggestions, what is it that other schools that have successful kickoffs do? Keep in mind, one should compare schools of similar size and type. Not ones with 25,000+ students, not ones whose student base is almost all full time students and ages 18-23, or ones who are located in or close to larger metro areas.

That's not to say that some things being done from unlike schools would not be transferable to here.

Does anyone know of similar schools to WSU that have more successful kickoffs and what they do?

Comment

• Did someone mention a Top 25 recruit was going to be visiting campus?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        Did someone mention a Top 25 recruit was going to be visiting campus?
        I think you just did. Spill it, DSB!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Allerik Freeman?
          Last edited by ShoxFan963; October 18, 2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan963 View Post
            Freeman did visit. DSB said one was going to​ visit. I'm assuming they are different players.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Originally posted by ShoxFan963 View Post
              Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Freeman did visit. DSB said one was going to​ visit. I'm assuming they are different players.
              I see what you did there, touche :beaten:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                I'm no master of logic by any means but if "good enough" is the enemy of "better, and "better" is the enemy of "best", doesn't that make "good enough" and "best" allies? (According to the concept of the "enemy of my enemy is my friend")
                Emptiness is loneliness and loneliness is cleanliness and cleanliness is godliness.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Just a little perspective on previous 'Shocker Madness" events:

2011 - Thursday, October 27, 2011 - Start time 5:00 PM - Attendance To be determined

2010 - Saturday, October 16, 2010 - Start time 3:30 PM - Attendance 4,500

2009 - Saturday, October 17, 2009 - Start time 5:00 PM - Attendance 4,100

2008 - Saturday, October 25, 2008 - Start time 5:00 PM - Attendance Unknown

2007 - Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - Start time unknown - Attendance 5,800

2006 - Saturday, October 14, 2006 - Start time unknown - Attendance 6,500

2005 - Saturday, October 15, 2005 - Start time 5:30 PM - Attendance Unknown

2004 - Thursday, October 21, 2004 - Start time 5:30 PM - Attendance Unknown

2003 - Thursday, October 23, 2003 - Start time 5:30 PM - Attendance Unknown
                  Last edited by WuShock Reaper; October 20, 2011, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    Just a little perspective on previous 'Shocker Madness" events:

2011 - Thursday, October 27, 2011 - Start time unknown 5:00 PM - Attendance To be determined

2010 - Saturday, October 16, 2010 - Start time unknown 3:30 PM - Attendance 4,500

2009 - Saturday, October 17, 2009 - Start time unknown 5:00 PM - Attendance 4,100

2008 - Saturday, October 25, 2008 - Start time unknown 5:00 PM - Attendance Unknown

2007 - Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - Start time unknown - Attendance 5,800

2006 - Saturday, October 14, 2006 - Start time unknown - Attendance 6,500

2005 - Saturday, October 15, 2005 - Start time 5:30 PM - Attendance Unknown

2004 - Thursday, October 21, 2004 - Start time 5:30 PM - Attendance Unknown

2003 - Thursday, October 23, 2003 - Start time 5:30 PM - Attendance Unknown
                    You mean 25% of them have been on a Thursday and we have been up in arms smack-talking about breaking "tradition"?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      You mean 25% of them have been on a Thursday and we have been up in arms smack-talking about breaking "tradition"?
                      And 37.5% have been on a weekday. If that had been a question on a test I'm sure I would have flunked.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                        I picked up some tips from Creighton's madness. #1 hold the event in a very small venue. #2 Make it a yellow out. #3 Get some Shockernetters to rave about a dunk from a 6-0 guard who will never slam one down in traffic in a game.
                        Funny thing is they are raving about Chatman dunking over 1 of his teammates or something I believe. Kyles dunked over 2 players in high school and almost cleared 5 players. No one will sky like Kyles can!!!
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• nm
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                            Funny thing is they are raving about Chatman dunking over 1 of his teammates or something I believe. Kyles dunked over 2 players in high school and almost cleared 5 players. No one will sky like Kyles can!!!
                            Arch madness needs a cheap all star game or a dunk contest, but ik ik, nobody can afford to lose a player bc of a silly injury. it still would be really cool
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• A few more details regarding Thursday's Shocker Madness

Shocker Madness kicks off at 5 p.m., with a men's and women's basketball autograph session on the Charles Koch Arena concourse, followed by a 20-minute women's basketball scrimmage at 6 p.m.

At the conclusion of the women's basketball scrimmage, the cheer and dance teams will perform and then the men's basketball team will receive its 2011 NIT Championship rings before playing a full 40-minute intrasquad scrimmage at approximately 7:05 p.m. The event is free to all fans.

Concession stands will be open and carry game fare, while men's and women's basketball season tickets will also be on sale at the Shocker ticket office during the event.

Men's and women’s basketball season tickets will be available for pickup during Shocker Madness until the end of halftime in the men’s scrimmage.

Comment

• Hope darice will be playn for the ladies team,kist as a show of wats to come shocker fans!

Comment

Working...
                                X