X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Madness

Shocker Madness - 10/27/2011 5 PM

Doors open at 5 PM.

5 PM - 6 PM Autograph session and meet the team.
    6 PM - 20 minute Women scrimmage
    6:30 PM - NIT Presentation
    7 PM - 40 minute Men scrimmage

*Rough outline of schedule, some sessions may run over, just a general outline of the events.
    Does anyone know the date of Shocker Madness this year? I am assuming it is Saturday, October 15 but have not seen it advertised.

Thanks
    Last edited by _kai_; October 27, 2011, 02:30 PM. Reason: Editing to include information

i am not sure verbeak. i am not sure.

Comment

I'm not sure either.... anyone else not sure?

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
        I'm not sure either.... anyone else not sure?
        I am also unaware.
        Livin the dream

Comment

I am not sure, but I am sure I am not sure!
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

If it is consistent with past scheduling it would be Sat Oct 15th

Comment

Not sure... :noidea:
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Official start of Men's basketball practice is 5:00 pm on the Friday closest to October 15th.

That makes this year's start date October 14th at 5:00 pm.

The Women can start 40 days prior to their first regular season game. In the Shocker's case they can start official practices around October 4th this year. (They open the season on Novmeber 12th).

No conflicts with Volleyball on either Saturday, October 15th (on the road) or Saturday, October 22nd (no match scheduled). I am assuming they will want to schedule Shocker Madness on a Saturday.

I suppose it will depend on whether or not 3G would like to have a week of practice under his belt before putting his team on display. With the Brazil trip and extra practices this summer perhaps 3G would prefer just to get this out of the way ASAP = October 15th.

Either way that is not very far off and I would think an announcement would be forthcoming relatively soon.

I would prefer October 22nd - give the men a week of practice and also no volleyball to listen to during Shocker Madness.

Bottom line though is that I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Overtime
                  This is probably the most likely. They held it on October 16th last year.

They usually have their annual Shock Cancer Walk on the same day as Shocker Madness.

Comment

So nobody is really sure. I was sure I had a letter but I'm not sure where I put it, so put be me down as not sure.

Comment

I wish this event was more heavily attended.
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                        Hard to do when the promotions department is so lacking and fundamentally challenged.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

:yes:
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

That would require advertising of the event.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                              Originally posted by Overtime
                              This is probably the most likely. They held it on October 16th last year.

They usually have their annual Shock Cancer Walk on the same day as Shocker Madness.
                              This would work unless some of the volleyball players also wanted to be in the Cancer Walk.

Comment

Working...
                              X