No announcement yet.

Teddy Allen - Man or Boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I watch some of the movement in college football (the latest example being Justin Fields's waiver to platy immediately at Ohio State after leaving Georgia), it becomes more and more obvious what an arbitrary sham the decision was to deny Teddy Allen a waiver this year.

I once knew a guy who liked to refer to the Chickenhawks as the Forces of Evil, and I can't dispute that -- but the real FOE is the clowns at NCAA headquarters. A pox on them and their corrupt organization (and on Bob Huggins and West Virginia too, just for good measure, regardless of how much impact they had on the miscarriage of justice here). It may not be on quite the scale of what the NFL refs did to the Saints (although the Saints were certainly contributors to their own demise too), but there's no question this season would have a different look and feel with (at least) two or three more wins.

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Quality sports writers need to get more involved in calling out the NCAA's shenanigans. I know there were some who completely believed TA should get a waiver and none, to my knowledge, that thought he should not. However, when there are great discrepancies in who does and who does not, based on reasons for the waiver, they need to be publicized. I know the NCAA does not comment on their decisions in these matters, but put in their court to bad, or corrupt, to the public.

• I thought I read somewhere that Huggins blocked Teddy transferring or made the waiver harder than it should have been? Is any of this true? The only reason I rehash this is because a WV fan was saying Huggins didn't stop/block him at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
      I thought I read somewhere that Huggins blocked Teddy transferring or made the waiver harder than it should have been? Is any of this true? The only reason I rehash this is because a WV fan was saying Huggins didn't stop/block him at all.
      And this "Fan" has a bat phone to Huggies strategies concerning transfer's.

Comment

• I looked for Teddy to be WSU’s Cumberlin.

Not amazingly athletic, but a guy who is a real pain in the ass to defend, can score at will, and also has some swag.

Just work on that 3-point shot Teddy!
        The Assman

Comment

• I'm selfish. Yeah, Teddy would have been nice to have this year, but I'll bet diamonds to peanuts he will end up showing he will be more valuable and impactful for the Shox next season. He's been able to get a full season to adjust to the new system, build chemistry with teammates and improve his game. I think he'll come into next season more polished and refined as a player and be a veteran leader to a still young team.

Comment

• Shock Top
            Shock Top commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that with more than dollars to doughnuts??

• Speaking of Teddy, looks like he deleted his Twitter account, hopefully that was just to eliminated the noise
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            Could be nothing but that isn't exactly a positive sign. A positive sign would have been him Twittering it up after the Shox big win last night...

Don't do it Teddy.

T

...:cool:

• A lot of people "deactivate" their accounts for a break. Basically just turning it off. You can reactivate it whenever you want.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            Personally, I'd be delighted if all Shocker players shut down their Twitter accounts and never reactivated them. One of Nick Saban's many wise sayings for his players is that "Nothing good ever happens after midnight." I'd extend that cautionary note to, "Nothing good ever happens for a college athlete on Twitter."

• "The best small forwards in college basketball for 2019-20" - 247 Sports

By KEVIN FLAHERTY
          Posted: 06/14/19, 3:30pm cst

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...6/#132873716_1

"In college basketball, small forwards can be one of the later positions to emerge as stars.

The varied nature of the position, the need to be able to fill in the blanks either offensively or defensively means that a number of players on this list are jack-of-all-trades types who spent their first years or two lagging behind as scorers, instead providing a presence as switchable defenders and on the glass until they get their chances to find their footings.

And that makes this freshman class particularly interesting. Because while there are some real talents in that group, there isn't necessarily a player who jumps off the page as a star who's ready to carry the scoring burden early. That honor will instead most likely be reserved for more experienced wing players, those who have been kicking around college basketball for a few years and now are ready to transition from role player to their teams' primary options in crunch time....

20. TEDDY ALLEN, WICHITA STATE
          Allen never quite seemed a great fit at West Virginia, where he clashed with coach Bob Huggins. He’ll join a Wichita State team dependent on his ability to put the ball in the bucket; even without consistent playing time for the Mountaineers his freshman year, he had seven games with 15 or more points....

14. Precious Achiuwa, Memphis
          One of the prizes of the late signing period, Achiuwa gives Memphis a big-time athlete on the wing. The No. 4 small forward and No. 14 overall player in the 247Sports Composite, Achiuwa has terrific size (6-9 215) and is excellent in transition. He could be a lottery pick if the rest of the package flashes...."

Comment

• Interesting coincidence -- I looked at this thread to see what was up and read Reaper's link to the article about small forwards mentioning Teddy Allen, and immediately above Reaper's post I saw my own comment quoting Nick Saban that nothing good ever happens after midnight. Uh, Teddy?

You may call me Nostradamus.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
              Perfect. Could you please go ahead and PM me this Saturdays Power Ball numbers sir!!!

FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                Interesting coincidence -- I looked at this thread to see what was up and read Reaper's link to the article about small forwards mentioning Teddy Allen, and immediately above Reaper's post I saw my own comment quoting Nick Saban that nothing good ever happens after midnight. Uh, Teddy?

There is only one Nostradamus on Shockernet. Awarded name from years of cryptic postings, prognostications, innuendos, strawmans, red herrings, and years of brewing Butler Koolaid while looking through the ADs trash cans late at night looking for scraps of information to tape to the ouija board during the midnight seances. You sir are not THE Nostradamus.

Comment

• Awesome Sauce Malone
                  Awesome Sauce Malone commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You have the weirdest boner for him dont you?

• WuDrWu
                  WuDrWu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Peyronie's Disease is treatable.

• There certainly does not appear to be anything of substance to support the rumors that Teddy Allen has been dismissed from the team at this point. I guess we will see.

The alleged victim did issue a wrtten statement reported here: http://www.kake.com/story/40651659/w...violence-theft

The 23-year-old victim in the incident has provided KAKE News with a response to Thursday's incident, which resulted in the arrest of 21-year-old Teddy Allen.

The victim was in a previous relationship with the current Wichita State University men's basketball player. She said the keys have also been returned.

Her written response is as follows:

“The events that occurred early Thursday morning were a miscommunication. Alcohol was involved and we both made a series of poor decisions that led to even bigger poor decisions. I am not injured, battered, nor was I harmed. This is an unfortunate situation. I have no further comment on what I will do moving forward.”

Comment

• sounds like a heated moment between two drunks. Either way, our student athletes need to be smarter about how they spend their time and who they associate with.

Comment

• Unfortunately, I'd say "Boy"... :(
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• BostonWu
                      BostonWu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Best to head back to Boy's Town

• C0|dB|00ded
                      C0|dB|00ded commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ****! :(