Teddy Allen - Man or Boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
    I mean, is there any concrete evidence that Huggins is trying to force Teddy to sit? It all seems like gossip at this point.

What I don’t understand is even if Teddy handled his time at WVU poorly and the breakup was not clean, which is likely the case, why would WVU give a crap if he plays this year or not? He’s already left the program, which is the only thing that impacts them really. Why prevent a kid from playing, even if he is troubled? Out of spite?
    It’s gossip, ...
    Last edited by Kung Wu; November 21, 2018, 08:15 AM. Reason: Rumors that impact players are verboten!
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

It’s gossip, ...
      Not quite true......and gossip shouldn’t be part of this board.
      Last edited by Kung Wu; November 21, 2018, 08:15 AM. Reason: Ja!

Comment

• I heard teddy called huggy fat. Word on the street is he called him Hugey Bear.

Comment

• Here we sit... :(

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• See y'all later, need some cool-down time...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The name given to the coach not to be mentioned was "Knob Chuggins" .

Comment

• Comment

• After all this BS “WSU did the right thing” when they released Lomax from his LOI; turnabout isn’t fair play it seems.

Lomax went to a conference foe mind you! WSU could have made life VERY hard for A-Lo and Penny, but didn’t. Now, when WSU and Teddy needed a little help, nothing.

“Apples and Oranges” I know, still sucks that WSU was on the wrong side of both decisions.

I wish all this writers that wrote articles about how WSU/Marshall “did the right thing”, would turn around and write an article about how the NCAA should do the same.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Bluzrover
                    Bluzrover commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would expect CJ Moore to write a follow up to his story and also believe Mark Adams is raising the issue, although I think his only bully pulpit is Twitter, he's not a print reporter like CJ. Regardless, I believe this is a done deal. I really don't expect the NCAA to agree to the apeal, irrespective of the facts.

• I'm disappointed in the results of the decision and have no faith, or expectation, the NCAA will reverse itself in this decision. I'm bummed for selfish reasons. I wanted Teddy's offense and energy on the court this year. I have yet to give up on the season and believe Teddy would have made this team so much better. I also wanted to see him play this year in order to break up what is going to be a huge class next year.

From a mental health perspective, this is a set back for the young man but I believe a minor set back. Granted, he won't have the opportunity to play with his teammates in games this year. But he's several hours closer to his support network in Boys Town, he is practicing the game he loves and in which he thrives, and he has a new support network in Wichita that is in place to help him succeed. He just has to accept it and use these next few months to focus on his life and build on the life skills he'll need once he no longer can play the game competitively. #FreeTeddy

Comment

• At what point in this season, does getting Teddy back, become not worthwhile?

Comment

• FadedCrown
                      FadedCrown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Early February or later.

• rjl
                      rjl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      As long as we are still in the hunt for a NCAA Tournament bid.

Teddy may be good enough that getting a full 3 years out of him isn't likely, regardless, so using up one of his years of eligibility on a half-season doesn't seem like as much of a waste as it would be for others.

• Wuzee
                      Wuzee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agree. The calculus must include a variable for the chances of Teddy completing all three of his years of eligibility here. That's purely a guess, and I hope Teddy graduates from WSU -- but given Teddy's past instability and the general transiency in college basketball (Hi, Austin Reaves), I would lean toward a 'play him while you've got him' approach. 

If he can help us make a push in the final 7-8 games or so of the regular season plus postseason, play him.

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                    I'm disappointed in the results of the decision and have no faith, or expectation, the NCAA will reverse itself in this decision. I'm bummed for selfish reasons. I wanted Teddy's offense and energy on the court this year. I have yet to give up on the season and believe Teddy would have made this team so much better. I also wanted to see him play this year in order to break up what is going to be a huge class next year.

From a mental health perspective, this is a set back for the young man but I believe a minor set back. Granted, he won't have the opportunity to play with his teammates in games this year. But he's several hours closer to his support network in Boys Town, he is practicing the game he loves and in which he thrives, and he has a new support network in Wichita that is in place to help him succeed. He just has to accept it and use these next few months to focus on his life and build on the life skills he'll need once he no longer can play the game competitively. #FreeTeddy
                    From what is observavle from the games, Teddy has tremendous support from the team, and vice versa. It is that support system and love that will enable Teddy to not only survive the adversity, but thrive.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• My understanding is that WSU should hear today definitively about the appeal to the most recent decision. Anybody else with any insight?

Comment

• shocker43
                        shocker43 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Was there a post somewhere that said we would be hearing soon?

• Shocktoberfest
                        Shocktoberfest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        HCGM had stated that they would hear by Wednesday on the appeal.

• #FreeTeddy

Comment

• At this point, the non-con is nearly over with. I'm not sure the NCAA's are within reach. I think Teddy has accepted it. We should probably do the same.

Even though the NCAA is a hypocritical POS.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          At this point, the non-con is nearly over with. I'm not sure the NCAA's are within reach. I think Teddy has accepted it. We should probably do the same.

Even though the NCAA is a hypocritical POS.
                          The two toughest games left on the non-con are @OU, @VCU. Both of those are winnable games. If we do and don't drop an egg against the others we would enter league play at 9-3 with wins neutral vs Providence, vs Baylor, @OU, @VCU. Thats definitely a resume worth tourney consideration. This is all basing on the the assumption that Teddy would IMPROVE the teams performance when he starts playing.

Comment

• FadedCrown
                            FadedCrown commented
                            Editing a comment
                            9-3 with a 13-5 conference record should get us in. 22-8, and to make sure, win 2 games in the Amer. tourney.

• WSUwatcher
                            WSUwatcher commented
                            Editing a comment
                            9-3 in nonconference play is a lot to ask, but with normal development and once Torres finds his shot, WSU could easily do well enough in league play to get to 20 wins going into the AAC tournament -- and that's with what they have right now. CKA is still a tough place for visitors to win, and we all know WSU's history as road warriors in the Marshall era.

I don't doubt that adding Teddy could improve those prospects a bit more, in which case it would be nice to have him. Those who are writing off this season are way ahead of themselves, in my view. Probably in Marshall's, as well.
                        Working...
                        X