No announcement yet.

Teddy Allen - Man or Boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe the most real piece about a college athlete in the present tense ever written. While I already have profound respect for 3G, this ups the love.

Comment

• I will say this: I find it ironic that Creighton will take someone like P’Allen Stinnett (prior coach) and Marcus Foster but was not interested in Teddy.

Comment

• Not sure this is relevant, but former head of NCAA is Oliver Luck, previously athletic director at West Virginia. Wonder if the WVU asked Luck to lobby the NCAA with his connections to block the waiver.

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting.

• Just wow. Some of us are so fortunate in life. Give this kid a chance.

Comment

• Poor kid—he has experienced more adversity in his short life than most people ever do. I hope for his sake that he will be able to take and trust and reciprocate the faith that 3G has extended to him. C’mon NCAA.

Comment

• Of any case, you would assume this is the most legit hardship case you could posssibly present to the NCAA.
            That is why I am going to assume that it gets denied.
            The Assman

Comment

• Download the Athletic app on your phone, then you can read the article without signing up for the free trial.
              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• The NCAA can just eff the eff off right now.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I feel for Teddy. As someone who has seen the darkness on a number of occasions and lived in the abyss, this story touches my soul. I can absolutely see how and why he needed to transfer for himself on a personal level and why being in this region is so important to him and why basketball is so important to his health.

Bless this kid, and pray that the NCAA pulls their heads out of their collective asses and does the right thing. What soulless bastard could possibly be against approving this knowing the story and the reasons behind it all?

#FreeTeddy
                  The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

• If there is anyone on this board who has put off reading the article, put down everything you're doing and read it now. Powerful! We are so blessed to have people like 3G and Lynn representing our town and university. A true underdog story that we are about to witness first hand. #Freeteddy is so much more than just a basketball game.

What really pisses me off is how the NCAA would need to extend the deadline on his decision. Anyone with an ounce of common sense could read that article and determine Teddys waiver is textbook what they should look for in granting them. I dont get it. Why the hell would Huggy or anyone else at West Virginia have a say in Teddys mental health? Screw them!

(Stepping off my soapbox now)

Go SHOX and #freeteddy
                    Last edited by wichshock65; November 16, 2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Not playing this season may not be what he or HCGM want, but it may be what they need.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                        Not playing this season may not be what he or HCGM want, but it may be what they need.
                        How? To overload an already large class?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• proshox
                          proshox commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Exactly. That “problem” has three offseasons to work out.

I could argue Teddy would be a really important piece to a team contending for a championship. This year isn’t that type of year... but three seasons from now will likely be different.

My thoughts were more related to Teddy’s overall situation and how an off year can be a gift for a lot of transfers.

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                        Not playing this season may not be what he or HCGM want, but it may be what they need.
                        Normally, I may agree with this line of thinking, but not this time for two reasons:

A) Next years Soph class is already too large.
                        B) playing with more older and more experienced players will help this young team grow faster
                        The Assman

Comment

• The Assman

Comment

• From the article:

This was never about basketball,” Teddy says. “Any freshman who had my year would stay where they were and be ready to be in the starting lineup. I averaged 11 and 4 in the tournament. We went to the Sweet 16. My ring has minutes on it. I don’t just have a ring. Who transfers after that? I was hooping. It never was about basketball. It’s about my mental state.

“It was about me being depressed and not happy and knowing from a mental health standpoint I’m going backwards from the two years of treatment I just got. Because that’s where I came from. At the end of the day, regardless of why you’re there (at Boys Town), it’s a treatment center. I’m in that for two years, and (at West Virginia) I notice myself regressing, going back to what I was doing that got me there.”

Amazing piece.

Comment

Working...
                            X