No announcement yet.

Teddy Allen - Man or Boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait til you see Chance Moore's shot. Low and from the chest. Tons of potential though! Young man is gifted. Get that release higher and Chance could and will be an outstanding player!!!

Marshall's development will put 4 to 6 of these young Freshmen (and transfers) in the league someday. Book it Danny!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Jhook89
      Jhook89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Chance is my early RS pick. He is also my pick for most likely to get upset about playing time and leave...

Originally posted by [URL="https://shockernet.net/member/813-andshock"
    AndShock[/URL] commented
    That 3 point shot causes me physical pain. Someone fix that
    Really seems to short-arm or stab the three-point shot. Follow through and even hold and accentuate the follow-through
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's definitely a shot .. but more like a Shot-put ...

I like the fact that he doesn't camp out on the perimeter. He knows where his bread and butter is, which is basically put backs. We had too many guys this year camping out on the 3 and not enough inside doing the dirty work.

Comment

Any conclusions made on Teddy's game based on the first video entitled, "2016 Teddy Allen" should be tempered. If you click on the originating link it says it was published to YouTube on Aug of 2014. Teddy could be 15 yrs. old in that video. It was only added to show he can indeed jump. Nothing particularly glaring about his 3-pt shot - just a kid trying to look cool while at the Y. You could compare his shot to someone turning a pistol sideways at the range for "gangsta" effect. All easily fixed.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Here's a senior video showing a nice dunk as well as a perimeter shot that's released a bit higher. He really has long arms which may be why he can get so many shots off cleanly against taller players - that, and he's really crafty with his timing and release.

T

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Watch the :45 mark of the video where he creates his own shot. He's got a decent release point, good shooting arc... looks pretty solid to me. He just has a laziness (he calls it "loosey-goosey") to his game that must be monitored a la Shaq. Playing consistent defense is going to be his challenge.

T

• pinstripers
          pinstripers commented
          Editing a comment
          That dunk looks like different guy than the one in the OU tape

Marshall knows this is a high risk high reward player...sorta like Armstead was and played out pretty nicely.. You get 13 scholarships... I'm sure few chances have to be taken... especially when you're in a highly competitive conference.

Comment

Since I'm in OCD-mode I made the clip for ya'll.

If he develops more of this to go along with his knack for finishing around the rim, he will be a serious player for us (provided there are no "issues").

T

Comment

Creighton really leaving some solid in-town talent on the table for the taking - Arop, Teddy, and Poor Bear.

WSU, Creighton, New Mexico, San Diego St... all very similar schools from the perspective of recruiting prowess/ability, regardless of the irrational inclinations of some Blowjay fans. It's not like CU is getting beat out by UK, KU, Duke, etc. for these guys; they're just seemingly asleep at the wheel, although I'm sure they've some sort of reasoning for the passes.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            Creighton really leaving some solid in-town talent on the table for the taking - Arop, Teddy, and Poor Bear.

WSU, Creighton, New Mexico, San Diego St... all very similar schools from the perspective of recruiting prowess/ability, regardless of the irrational inclinations of some Blowjay fans. It's not like CU is getting beat out by UK, KU, Duke, etc. for these guys; they're just seemingly asleep at the wheel, although I'm sure they've some sort of reasoning for the passes.
            Did you really just say that out loud? :culpability:

Omaha BJ fan's reasoning would be that those player's skipped would not have been able to weather the academic storm that is taking a class at the "Harvard of the Midwest"...

A former Creighton University basketball player who claimed that he was functionally illiterate when he left the school in 1982 has filed a lawsuit alleging that educators there failed to adequately teach him.

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Did you really just say that out loud? :culpability:

Omaha BJ fan's reasoning would be that those player's skipped would not have been able to weather the academic storm that is taking a class at the "Harvard of the Midwest"...

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-07-...ketball-player

T

Yeah, for the majority of the high-brow academic schools, qualifying ain't so much of a thing, really. Out of all such schools in the P5/BE/AAC/MWC, off the top of my head, maybe... maybe Stanford and Northwestern are truly towing that line. For the balance of the rest it is just lip service. They're kidding themselves if they think otherwise.

Not to mention, the 25th & 75th percentile ACT scores at CU best WSU by a massive three points. Whoop-dee-fricken-do.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                Marshall knows this is a high risk high reward player...sorta like Armstead was and played out pretty nicely.. You get 13 scholarships... I'm sure few chances have to be taken... especially when you're in a highly competitive conference.
                High risk, high reward player..sorta like Armstead? Armstead high risk? Please remind me why this is sorta like Armstead outside both being transfers.

By the way, I did go back and read several of the first pages of Armstead transferring to WSU thread and found it very entertaining (if you know what I mean).

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  n/m
                  Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; May 10, 2018, 07:51 PM. Reason: I'm retarded

Marcus Armstrong was a gift from the basketball gods. He taught Ron and Fred mucho about the game, both on the court and off. Dude came in and busted his ass washing cars so he could play for Marshall.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Who's this Marcus Armstrong you speak of?

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just call him Armstud.

T

Now I'm really confused

Comment

Did Marcus Armstrong play with Frank VanTeet

Comment

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He and Rob Barker learned a lot from Marcus.

at Witchta St???
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                  X