No announcement yet.

Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC Shox wanted me to see if anyone has changed their mind. Remember, he was Shockernet's first poster critical of AR and he's been proven right. Thank you for your consideration.

Comment

• Didn't we get Dexter cause of Austin leaving? I think we'll find we got the better end of that trade... I have a feeling Austin probably felt he *had* to leave for his own good if nothing else.

I for one would much rather have Dexter Dennis.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

I would guess not. Otherwise, someone would have mentioned it before now.
        Well, at the very least he was happily cheering OU on while WSU was getting drubbed, slaughtered, etc. in the OKC last year.

Comment

• The only thing worse than this thread is me for reading it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            The only thing worse than this thread is me for reading it.
            Brother Ross (jersey should be hanging in the rafters) is spinning in his grave.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Dare I say it's getting toxic?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Some people seem to have an obsession with Reaves.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

I would guess not. Otherwise, someone would have mentioned it before now.
                  He was .. it was noticed by several people on this board during the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                    Didn't we get Dexter cause of Austin leaving? I think we'll find we got the better end of that trade... I have a feeling Austin probably felt he *had* to leave for his own good if nothing else.

I for one would much rather have Dexter Dennis.
                    I think we got JB .. but I'm still ok with that trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by RHshoxfan View Post
                      He quit on me, you, the team, the town. I beg all of you.. boo him.
                      Here lies the crux of the issue. Go seek therapy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He was . it was noticed by several people on this board during the game.
                        He definitely enjoyed OU beating us last year, as he should have.

As far as booing. I am so sick of this political correct attitude that is now trying be projected onto sports and yes I looking at you MK with your penchant for preaching at fans. Sporting events are a place to cut loose and have good time. not sit on hands like your at a play and make sure you don't "offend" someone or "hurt their feelings". If fans want to BOO and harass AR, go for it, it's part of the fun of sports..

I personally won't,, but any fan that looks down on another that chooses to is rite up there with fans that get upset when someone stands up at a game. They should just stay home and sit on their ass in front of the TV.

I will also note that after MK's little rant, Bob Hull completely disagreed with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

He definitely enjoyed OU beating us last year, as he should have.

As far as booing. I am so sick of this political correct attitude that is now trying be projected onto sports and yes I looking at you MK with your penchant for preaching at fans. Sporting events are a place to cut loose and have good time. not sit on hands like your at a play and make sure you don't "offend" someone or "hurt their feelings". If fans want to BOO and harass AR, go for it, it's part of the fun of sports..

I personally won't,, but any fan that looks down on another that chooses to is rite up there with fans that get upset when someone stands up at a game. They should just stay home and sit on their ass in front of the TV.

I will also note that after MK's little rant, Bob Hull completely disagreed with him.
                          There's nothing politically incorrect with anything. Booing and ribbing is absolutely part of a fan experience at a high-end sporting event. No doubt about it. But what exactly did AR do wrong? If your kid was in the situation he was in, would you fault him? Boo him if he does something bad or flashes an O U or upends one of our players. But to boo him just to boo him seems rather amateurish. And if anything, ti'll probably just motivate him even more to go off on us.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

There's nothing politically incorrect with anything. Booing and ribbing is absolutely part of a fan experience at a high-end sporting event. No doubt about it. But what exactly did AR do wrong? If your kid was in the situation he was in, would you fault him? Boo him if he does something bad or flashes an O U or upends one of our players. But to boo him just to boo him seems rather amateurish. And if anything, ti'll probably just motivate him even more to go off on us.
                            I agree. Give him the unexpected - a cold, indifferent welcome.

Go Shocks!

Comment

• Booing is low rent unless a player, coach, or fan is demonstrating unsportsmanlike behavior. Or if the referees have let a game spiral out of control.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Booing is low rent unless a player, coach, or fan is demonstrating unsportsmanlike behavior. Or if the referees have let a game spiral out of control.
                                I can't recall ever booing at a sporting event, but Marshall Henderson's antics might get me close. One of my Top 10 all-time favorite gifs.

P.S. Tekele Cotton's dunk would be #1.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X