Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
    I don't want to hear Shocker fans boo AR when he's introduced, why give an opponent extra incentive to come out on fire? Keep it classy Shox fans, if we win, then you can laugh and point fingers.
    How about if we are ahead at the end of the game chanting: We Don't Need You, We Don't Need You

    Comment


    • TheShocktocles Oh, I am sorry but we, the mods, figure that most are mature enough to navigate the swamp that is an internet sports bulletinboard. We tend to error on the side of a libertarian freemarket discussion. Are we perfect? No, far from it. But we do what we do inbetween family, work, and life’s ups & downs. but we can all agree on one thing...

      Go Shocks!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Topshock View Post

        How about if we are ahead at the end of the game chanting: We Don't Need You, We Don't Need You
        What is the chant if the Shocks are behind at the end of the game?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
          I don't want to hear Shocker fans boo AR when he's introduced, why give an opponent extra incentive to come out on fire? Keep it classy Shox fans, if we win, then you can laugh and point fingers.
          Agreed. We should cheer all opponents from here on out and boo our own players. We will give our players more incentive to come out on fire while demotivating the opponents.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

            What is the chant if the Shocks are behind at the end of the game?
            I would suggest keeping our mouths closed.

            Comment


            • I do not understand the anger and the speech control folks wanting the thread locked up. Certainly discussion of a former Shocker player on shocker board is well within bounds.
              As I stated, if you are not interested, do not click on the link to the thread.

              Personally, I hope OU gets walloped and AR plays bad in the process. That said, people should be allowed to discuss former players freely.

              Just my opinion.

              Comment


              • Reaves plays 36.5 minutes per game. Etienne plays 20. Here's a look at their stats where I've adjusted Etienne's to match Reaves' minutes.

                Etienne's are on the left, Reaves' on the right.

                Points...............20.8..........17.3
                FG%.................45.8..........37.8
                3FG%...............46.2..........41.7
                FT....................2.6/3.8......4.9/6.0
                FT%.................68.4..........83.3
                Assists.............3.3............2.0
                TO....................1.3............2.3
                A/TO.................2.5............0.9
                Steals...............2.4............0.8
                Rebounds..........2.9...........5.8
                Steal/TO...........1.8............0.3
                Scoring Eff........1.43..........1.40
                Shooting Eff......0.63..........0.50
                Class...............Fr..............Jr

                Scoring is fairly even. Reaves gets more FT's and boards. Etienne is a better defender, better passer, doesn't turn the ball over as often, and has better shooting stats - especially inside the 3-pt. line.

                We could certainly use Reaves if he was still here, but he's not. We have the pieces where we don't really need him now that he's gone.

                We have no way of knowing who we wouldn't have if Reaves was still here, but comparing stats between a Jr and a Fr, if they are similar, give me the Fr every time. I think we used Reaves schollie for Burton, He seems to be a keeper, too.


                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

                Comment


                • I hope this thread dies a quick death after the game.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Reaves plays 36.5 minutes per game. Etienne plays 20. Here's a look at their stats where I've adjusted Etienne's to match Reaves' minutes.

                    Etienne's are on the left, Reaves' on the right.

                    Points...............20.8..........17.3
                    FG%.................45.8..........37.8
                    3FG%...............46.2..........41.7
                    FT....................2.6/3.8......4.9/6.0
                    FT%.................68.4..........83.3
                    Assists.............3.3............2.0
                    TO....................1.3............2.3
                    A/TO.................2.5............0.9
                    Steals...............2.4............0.8
                    Rebounds..........2.9...........5.8
                    Steal/TO...........1.8............0.3
                    Scoring Eff........1.43..........1.40
                    Shooting Eff......0.63..........0.50
                    Class...............Fr..............Jr

                    Scoring is fairly even. Reaves gets more FT's and boards. Etienne is a better defender, better passer, doesn't turn the ball over as often, and has better shooting stats - especially inside the 3-pt. line.

                    We could certainly use Reaves if he was still here, but he's not. We have the pieces where we don't really need him now that he's gone.

                    We have no way of knowing who we wouldn't have if Reaves was still here, but comparing stats between a Jr and a Fr, if they are similar, give me the Fr every time. I think we used Reaves schollie for Burton, He seems to be a keeper, too.

                    Great comparison! And, this doesn't even really take defense in to account other than steals. Guarantee you Etienne has a much better defensive efficiency and not to mention mentality/attitude. I'm not even going to get in to the difference in athleticism.

                    Comment


                    • I imagine coach doesn’t have a vendetta against Austin but that was pretty rough seeing how animated he was on the OU bench last year as they were putting the beat down on us. Oh well, sometimes we fall down so we can get back up and that’s just what this team and coach did. Definitely a blessing in disguise, perhaps for both sides. It’ll be awesome if our guys could get another big win on Saturday.

                      Comment


                      • I think we as fans were more hurt by Reaves leaving and wondering why than having any kind of animosity toward him. I liked Austin as a player when he was here but I’m over him and hope we kick OU’s butt Saturday. Nothing against Austin, I’m just a Shocker fan rooting for the good guys. I am a OU football fan though, but a much bigger Shocker basketball fan!

                        Comment


                        • Was an Austin Reaves fan then...am an Austin Leaves fan now... Either way best of luck to the young man

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Topshock View Post

                            How about if we are ahead at the end of the game chanting: We Don't Need You, We Don't Need You
                            Or play over the sound system Rod Stewart's Maggie May.

                            Comment


                            • I damn sure ain't gonna' cheer for him to have a good game...

                              I hope him and the sooners get a beatdown.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                                I think we as fans were more hurt by Reaves leaving and wondering why than having any kind of animosity toward him. !
                                ehhh. True in some cases. Id like to say most cases but if one was to go by comments on this thread and else where (like FB) theres a pretty large contingent of Shocker fans who have the emotional capability of a newborn who've had this game circled for two years just so they can yell at Austin that "he sucks" and they can high 5 their sister wife after doing it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X