No announcement yet.

New Schools Named in FBI Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quentin Grimes decided to withdraw from the NBA Draft. Yay for Jayhawks fans!

BUT WAIT! He’s now going to transfer.

Strange times on Snob Hill...
    78-65

Comment

• Their fans generally didn’t like him anyway, so he probably felt the vibe.

Comment

• "At least six college basketball programs will be notified of major NCAA violations by this summer" - CBS Sports

by Dennis Dodd
        Posted: 06/12/19, 3:10pm cst

"An NCAA official tells CBS Sports two high-profile programs will receive Notice of Allegations by early July

At least six Division I men's basketball programs will receive Notices of Allegations for Level I violations from the NCAA by the summer, stemming from the federal government's recently completed investigation of the sport, a top NCAA official told CBS Sports.

Stan Wilcox, NCAA vice president for regulatory affairs, said two high-profile programs would receive notices of allegations by early July.

The remaining four would be rolled out later in the summer in what was described as a wave of NCAA investigations meant to clean up major-college basketball.

"There's even another group of cases that we're still working on," Wilcox said. "The main thing is that we're up and ready. We're moving forward and you'll see consequences."..."

Comment

• AndShock
          AndShock commented
          Editing a comment
          Does the NCAA actually think anyone still takes them seriously?

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          My guess: KU, Arizona, Ok State, Auburn, Miami, LSU

• MikeKennedyRulZ
          MikeKennedyRulZ commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd add LSU as a possibility as well.

• "Here's your notice Mr. Self. Hand me your wrist so I can slap it.... Great thanks. Have a great season! Don't get caught next time" - NCAA

Comment

• No way the Chickens and Billy get punished. I would bet the farm on it. LSU and Arizona are the two “big” programs.

Comment

• if they haven't been got by now...

Comment

• Duke is just as dirty but I don’t think the NCAA will go there.

Comment

• the death penalty has just been announced for the following schools:

louisiana monroe
                grand canyon university
                tulsa
                alabama a&m
                florida gulf coast

Comment

• Kung Wu
                  Kung Wu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We are probably on the list.

• WuDrWu
                  WuDrWu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I figure Wyoming and WSU are their 2 high profile schools. Otherwise, I had Cal-Santa Barbara and Bradley to go with Florida Gulf Coast and Alabama A&M.

No way is ku involved. They just received their yearly bonus with the DaSilva grant.

• Seriously, how can Duke not be a part of this investigation if there is a wire tap from a KU guy discussing how much scratch it will take to land him and then he signs with Duke? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to put that one together...

Comment

• If LSU is named as one of the schools then Wade in trouble

In his reworked contract with LSU, he can be fired with cause if the NCAA so much as starts a Level I or Level II infractions investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                  No way the Chickens and Billy get punished. I would bet the farm on it. LSU and Arizona are the two “big” programs.
                  I agree with that. Miller and Wade only made it this far because the federal judge said they didn’t have to testify. There is a lot of evidence against them. Miller was in tears on Senior night and basically said goodbye to the AZ fans. These two should keep the NCAA busy for 3 years before any other schools are investigated. Self wil be long gone to the NBA when that happens.

Comment

• The NCAA expects at least six Division I men's basketball programs will receive notices of allegations for Level I violations as a result of the federal government's investigation into corruption in the sport.
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• An interesting read, hope this does go forward.

Comment

• I just saw on the Eagle website that Bill Self was named Kansan of the year. Evidently lying through your teeth to everyone about cheating is an admirable thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X