No announcement yet.

New Schools Named in FBI Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just cya time especially since they made the flagship claim Gassnola as an agent for them

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      WstateU has to have some prison references to put forth

Oops... Wrong forum.

But then again...

Comment

• Reece Davis called out KU today during ESPN Gameday in Houston. He read the letter or something, where KU was suing Adidas. He was very sarcastic regarding them having the gall to dude for millions as the victim. It was quite humorous.

Comment

• Gatto gets 9 months of jail time. He says that Self and Townsend knew about the payments.

Comment

• The NCAA says they're actually going to do something. They're going to set up a special group to investigate. They plan on having the group in place by August.

At the speed the NCAA is moving, they might be hoping that by the time they finish their "investigation", that the public will have moved on, so that when they pretty much don't do anything to punish their blue bloods, not enough people will remember or care about the problem they want to ignore. But maybe I'm just cynical

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              The NCAA says they're actually going to do something. They're going to set up a special group to investigate. They plan on having the group in place by August.

At the speed the NCAA is moving, they might be hoping that by the time they finish their "investigation", that the public will have moved on, so that when they pretty much don't do anything to punish their blue bloods, not enough people will remember or care about the problem they want to ignore. But maybe I'm just cynical

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/3-...NqdLwyOIWQ4FXo
              I can picture the Cohen/Trump scenario, but in reverse here... Deaf ears.

Comment

• I Just read a Dan Wetzel tweet on another site that says Dawkins has now been connected to new schools in Texas and Nebraska. Another tweeter says those schools are TCU and Creighton. FWIW.
                One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Comment

• If Creighton's been paying for players, they haven't been getting their money's worth.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Creighton should ask for their money back on whoever they are dishing out delivery cash for.

Comment

• Thanks Shocker Mama for posting that link. I wasn't savvy enough to do it from the device I was using.
                        Creighton needs to pony up more than they have if recent results mean much.
                        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Sounds like Creighton might be in some trouble.

https://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens...5fff2777b.html

Comment

• CU has done a fine job of covering it up. All those loses in the NCAA tourney, took some real detective work to get to the bottom of the CU scandal.
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• The Creighton thing doesn't look like much. An asst. coach took a $6K payment from Dawkins (a sports agent) to "keep me in mind when you have any NBA prospects". That's an NCAA violation. Nobody on the coaching staff can accept payments from a third party.

It's not related to recruiting, it wouldn't really affect any current players, other than the assistant coach may have told them what a great guy Dawkins was. That's not allowed, but it certainly isn't anything that could affect on-court results.

I don't see anything happening at Creighton other than maybe a year or two of probation with the stipulation that no coaches accept any third-party money. The biggest damage to Creighton's program will be that they got mentioned in this mess, but their mention will fade quickly when the real players start making more headlines.

They will have to fire the assistant.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• A disclosure from federal prosecutors in their criminal case involving college basketball corruption links former NC State coach Mark Gottfried as the first head coach directly connected to providing impermissible payments to players, sources told ESPN.

Goatlube

Comment

Working...
                                X