Live from Kansas city: Umkc gametime thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers
    Turn to the recruiting page, because we WILL be signing more kids in the spring. That's a lock.
    Yeah we shouldn't concern ourselves about overrecruiting and trying to figure out where that open scholarship is going to come from.

Comment

• This is still my goal for this years team and I still believe it is realistic. We need a top 3- 4 finish in the Valley. Right now, after these 2 losses, that may seem lofty. However, the teams in the Valley are not so awesome this year that we should expect the worse either. My ultimate goal for this team is to peak towards the end of the year when it most counts and win the Valley Tourney. Heaven knows it must be our turn and by then HCGM will have these players spitting nails and hitting on all cylinders. No, I am not ready to join the crowd that has given up the ship for this year already. Never underestimate what a solid Coach like we have can get out of THIS team THIS Valley Season!!!!!!!
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Honestly, at this point I'd start Braeuer at point, Cooz at SG, Ramon at SF, Thomasson at PF, and Durley as the Center.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
          This is still my goal for this years team and I still believe it is realistic. We need a top 3- 4 finish in the Valley. Right now, after these 2 losses, that may seem lofty. However, the teams in the Valley are not so awesome this year that we should expect the worse either. My ultimate goal for this team is to peak towards the end of the year when it most counts and win the Valley Tourney. Heaven knows it must be our turn and by then HCGM will have these players spitting nails and hitting on all cylinders. No, I am not ready to join the crown that has given up the ship for this year already. Never underestimate what a solid Coach like we have can get out of THIS team THIS Valley Season!!!!!!!
          Not giving up on this team - Just that I've got no expectations for this season going forward. IMO this is a 2-3 year building project.

Comment

• When Marshall first got here, and we had an exodus of players, and we were at our wits end, I still then and now believed we would have a better overall finish in the Valley this year and a better over-all record then last year. In the scheme of things, if this scenerio becomes a reality, then our Program is taking an impressive step forward.

MG shows flashes and a better rebounder then I thought. We need him to develop a mean streak and get that pure shooting touch of his back. Durley is much more consistant at this juncture then I had anticipated and still improving. MB is having his best year which is what we need out of our Seniors every year. PJ will be our most consistant player. GM was dribbling too much but seem to only force issues a few times last night and can give us some offense. AE came in and played tough defense last night and will improve offensively. RC is quite the rebounder and will have to do more head and shoulder fakes, then stuff it in their face. PT is hustling and getting tougher. WP needs to put some points up because he can play the D and get us some rebounds.

When the dust settles and by when the curtain closes for another Season, we will have been on quite a ride of thrills and shrills. There will be plenty of ups and downs. The last two losses left a bad taste in our mouth. However, stay on the Shocker turnip truck because it has some detours, crossroads, and bumpy roads to overcome. However, this is OUR turnip truck and Our destination, no matter how long it takes, is the Basketball Promised Land. Then we will just hang out there each year as our Program keeps getting better. Coach Marshall is no stranger to the Big Dance and will get us there sooner then later. We want it now but at least we know we are heading the right direction. When we do partake of this goal again---we will be saying----"How Su-weet it is!!!"
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu
              Originally posted by pinstripers
              Turn to the recruiting page, because we WILL be signing more kids in the spring. That's a lock.
              Yeah we shouldn't concern ourselves about overrecruiting and trying to figure out where that open scholarship is going to come from.
              I don't think it will be hard on finding extra scholarships. There are several scholarship players who have contributed "nothing" to the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                Rough Qoute...
                "I hate to complain but turgeon kinda screwed us over, he leaves for aTm and leaves us with JT Durley and Arbry Butler."
                Len Marshall The Greatest shocker fan i know outside the student section.
                If you are referring to HCGM's wife, I believe her name is Lynn.

Also, if I may be so bold as to suggest it might not be a good idea to quote specific people close to the program about specific players. If those players were to read that it might make HCGM's job tougher then it already is.

In fact, Royal I would suggest you delete this post and the one made by RipEmUpShox. He can repost it in more veiled terms if he likes.

I may be all wet about this, but if I were HCGM and saw this I would not be happy. BTW, did Lynn (or Len) Marshall give you permission to quote her?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef
                  The one that really urinates me off is the PJ auditioning for the NBA crap.
                  Here's the breaking news - he isn't NBA material. Not even 'D' league meat.
                  Be yourself and do what you are capable of and forget the crap certain people are troweling out. You are starting to embarrass yourself and the team.
                  Shooting 8-46 from trey land in two consecutive games is hard to fathom. Sub, we're back to that shoot off again. I won't make anybody forget Larry Legend, but 15-46 left handed is not a problem. No problem at all. 8)
                  PJ fouled out b/c he was constantly being beaten off the dribble by their guards. That isn't NBA material.

UMKC guards killed us off the dribble in the 2nd half. Their quickness resulted in many intercepted passes too.

I watched in amazement at how many times UMKC!!! dribbled past and around WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC
                    Originally posted by ShockRef
                    Be yourself and do what you are capable of and forget the crap certain people are troweling out. You are starting to embarrass yourself and the team.
                    Shooting 8-46 from trey land in two consecutive games is hard to fathom. Sub, we're back to that shoot off again. I won't make anybody forget Larry Legend, but 15-46 left handed is not a problem. No problem at all. 8)
                    PJ fouled out b/c he was constantly being beaten off the dribble by their guards. That isn't NBA material.

UMKC guards killed us off the dribble in the 2nd half. Their quickness resulted in many intercepted passes too.

I'm glad JJ Clamdip convinced me that a 1" snowfall was a blizzard. He convinced me that our trip should be cancelled. Therefore, I did not have to witness the debacle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                      Originally posted by ABC

I'm glad JJ Clamdip convinced me that a 1" snowfall was a blizzard. He convinced me that our trip should be cancelled. Therefore, I did not have to witness the debacle.
                      Freddy attended and wondered if you were at the game, but I didn't know how to reach you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                        Originally posted by ABC

Freddy attended and wondered if you were at the game, but I didn't know how to reach you.
                        My understanding is there were over 1500 WSU fans in attendance. To have to sit and witness this mess would qualify each for hazardous duty pay under military guidelines. 8)
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• It truly is sad that so many fans took the trek up the pike and the team still didn't perform. I would really hate to be in HCGM's shoes right now. Now for job security, but for how he must be feeling about taking over this mess.

Comment

I couldn't believe what I was looking at seeing Blackwell and Brumagin beat PJ off the dribble. That right there says PJ's head is not in the game.

Comment

• I totally agree. PJ is not all the way WITH IT this year. I wonder what is going on? I have also noticed him making some really stupid "I don't care" type of passes and turnovers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef
                                Originally posted by ABC
                                Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                                Originally posted by ABC

My understanding is there were over 1500 WSU fans in attendance. To have to sit and witness this mess would qualify each for hazardous duty pay under military guidelines. 8)
                                Mail me my check.

Comment

Working...
                                X