No announcement yet.

Lomax is Gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's a bit surprising, reading the memphis board.. they generally don't seem to understand just how good lomax really is. wiseman/lomax lomax/wiseman.. i'd take either/or on my team. those # rankings they keep pulling up on him are dung. just like with fvv out of high school.

oh, well. marshall will hit a homerun again.

Comment

Any chance that part of the reason Marshall let him go with no problems is because Shamet is staying? I know he took the early loss hard, maybe he wants revenge for a season that didn’t go how anyone hoped. Also I feel like there is an above average class of players likely going pro this year. One more year, to fine tune and prove his skill.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie924 View Post
        Any chance that part of the reason Marshall let him go with no problems is because Shamet is staying? I know he took the early loss hard, maybe he wants revenge for a season that didn’t go how anyone hoped. Also I feel like there is an above average class of players likely going pro this year. One more year, to fine tune and prove his skill.
        I don't think Shamet or Marshall know if Shamet is staying yet. Not until the NBA workouts

Comment

Originally posted by scottie924 View Post
          marshall said last night that Shamet needs to declare for the draft, go to camps and get evaluated and see where he might go. Then work from there.

Comment

Does Cotton have a son old enough we could sign to lock down Alo? Lol

Hurry up Cotton...meet that Euro model Babe...marry her...and make a bunch of babies!!! Quickly.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

he had a cute Hawaaian girl friend that played volleyball here too. don't know marital status but hopefully he kept her. or she kept him. whichever the case may be.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                You would be referring to the lovely and talented Gabby Urban. Like many of us, at the time Tekele was seriously outkicking his coverage (stolen from WuShock16 ). Gabby was going to be very good at whatever she wanted to do in life. I'll have to check and see if they're still together. Very good people, still I'd be surprised if they were still together given their divergent career paths.

Originally posted by Pigman View Post
              he had a cute Hawaaian girl friend that played volleyball here too. don't know marital status but hopefully he kept her. or she kept him. whichever the case may be.
              Awesome. Whatever the case may be that's good stuff. I'm rooting for Cotton. He was and is a Top-5 EVER Shocker in my opinion. And I'm an old school Shocker fan from the late 70's.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• WuShock16
                WuShock16 commented
                Editing a comment
                I love me some Tekele...but TOP FIVE EVER?

Stallworth
                X
                Carr
                Cliff
                Ron
                Fred
                Cle
                Cheese
                Littleton
                Jabali

Which six of these guys get bumped behind Tekele?

Some good press:

Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall decided not to use his power to penalize a player transferring to a conference rival and instead opted to do the right thing.

Comment

I have faith that 3G has someone lined up. Regardlesss, he will be fuming when we play Memphis not matter how nice he appears right now from the outside.

Comment

Yes i'm glad that Lomax is gone. I was getting tired of ppl obsessing over him. Now we go and hit the recruiting trail. Don't get me wrong. Yes he was a 4 star recruit. But he would have also been a one and done. Marshall loves to grow players and make them men. He will find that diamond in the rough player and turn him into a shocker for sure. And it was the right thing to do. This will just increase our creds for the recruiting trail. So be prepared for a 4-5 team in the NCAA tournament in the next few years. The American is the right and good conference for us. And yes i see Gregg Marshall retiring from here. He will go down as the best coach in Shocker history.

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lomax is not a one-and-done guy. He doesn't project as an NBA guy ever.

Maybe 40 or 50 new guys guys make NBA rosters every year. Maybe 40 or 50. That includes USA players from all classifications in college and international players. Lomax is borderline top-100 in his HS class. Marshall has a pattern of turning guys like Lomax into NBA talent. Maybe Hardaway can do the same, but FVV and BAker made the NBA because they play mean D.

Gary Parrish
                  Verified account
                  @GaryParrishCBS
                  11h11 hours ago More

Gary Parrish Retweeted Gary Parrish
                  I think most understand. But the following is worth hammering home: Gregg Marshall did NOT have to do this. He could’ve complicated things for a conference rival. But he instead did the right thing. Not all coaches would’ve. I hope Memphis fans, and Alex & Penny, appreciate that.

Comment

Another silver lining (on top of Coach's classy move), if Lomax plays as well as we've all heard he may, perhaps we won't have to worry about playing him for four years. He may be out of Memphis and headed to the pros long before that.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                      Stickboy46 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lomax's size will prevent that. He's going to be good, but he will struggle at times due to his size. In the right system he will be great. Gregg's system was perfect for him. I don't know enough about how Penny coaches to know if his system will work. It did in HS and AAU, but when everyone is bigger/faster/Taller??

Originally posted by El_Wu View Post
                    Yes i'm glad that Lomax is gone. I was getting tired of ppl obsessing over him. Now we go and hit the recruiting trail. Don't get me wrong. Yes he was a 4 star recruit. But he would have also been a one and done. Marshall loves to grow players and make them men. He will find that diamond in the rough player and turn him into a shocker for sure. And it was the right thing to do. This will just increase our creds for the recruiting trail. So be prepared for a 4-5 team in the NCAA tournament in the next few years. The American is the right and good conference for us. And yes i see Gregg Marshall retiring from here. He will go down as the best coach in Shocker history.
                    No way in hell is Lomax a one-and-done

Comment

• El_Wu
                      El_Wu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well the way some of these ppl were talking and obsessing about him. Made me think that he was a one and done guy.

• ShockerPhi
                      ShockerPhi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      El_Wu, I think people were obsessing over him because he reminded them of FVV. And Fred was certainly not one and done. I think Lomax will be a 4 year player. A very good 4 year player. I'll eat my shoes if he's one and done.

Stickboy46 - you said Gregg's system was perfect for Lomax. I hadn't thought about that, but it's almost certainly true. If you were 6 feet, wouldn't you rather be coached by the guy who developed FVV than the guy who was an excellent point guard mostly because he had pg skills and was 6'7"?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Gary Parrish
                      Verified account
                      @GaryParrishCBS
                      11h11 hours ago More

Gary Parrish Retweeted Gary Parrish
                      I think most understand. But the following is worth hammering home: Gregg Marshall did NOT have to do this. He could’ve complicated things for a conference rival. But he instead did the right thing. Not all coaches would’ve. I hope Memphis fans, and Alex & Penny, appreciate that.
                      Lol.. Marshall had to do this... He would look like an ass if he didn't... He had no choice... don't kid yourself

Comment

Working...
                      X