Lomax is Gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
    This is a no-brainer. If any kid doesn't want to be somewhere, there is no point in trying to restrain them.
    Wouldn’t argue otherwise.

Comment

Gregg shaves every day. I can't imagine he doesn't have a plan B, C and D.

Let's also not forget the other 5 solid recruits that will be here.

Sorry to see Alex make this decision but programs go on.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerpower View Post
        I may be on an island here...

Yeah it sucks that Lomax is gone, but Marshall has been known to do more with less (eg, Ron Baker, Shaq, any JUCO PG we’ve ever had) when it comes to working with lower star recruits so I’m not ready to set fire to the building. We were supposed to suck after Stutz/Murray graduated, and again when vv/rb left, and again this year. I’ll believe it when I see it. It’s not like we lost Michael Jordan, here. We lost a really good recruit, but there are others. There always are. We now have an open scholarship, so let the man work his magic.

I’m glad to see that at least one of the brand name teams in our conference seems to be turning it around, even if partially at our expense. Will it suck to play against Lomax twice a year? Yep. But having Memphis (and hopefully UCONN) good again will only bolster WSU’s resume. Playing Memphis this year did nothing for us, except provide a land mine to navigate to avoid a bad loss. May as well have been Drake. Maybe with Penny and good recruits, they will be another quality opponent twice on the schedule.

If those teams become good again, it will likely be much harder to win the conference, but that’s fine with me. It means more NCAA bids and better seeds for all. I personally care more about NCAA tournament success than conference accolades. A stronger conference provides more tourney opportunities, more TV $, more NCAA $, and more national respect/recognition, thus stronger recruiting.
        Daishon Smith and SHJ say hello.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
          ShockdaWorld commented
          Editing a comment
          And neither has played a second year under 3G.

Memphis shall never win a game at koch arena so long as they have Alex Lomex on their team, for this curse I write in blood.
        Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

Daishon Smith and SHJ say hello.
          Point taken, but there’s still history with armstead, Ragland, and other non PG juco wins.

Comment

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
            GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
            Editing a comment
            I knew what you meant. This news has left me a bit sour. Sorry to take it out on you.

Like Marshall said in his statement, this was a unique situation. I can see other instances where he wouldn't have been so gracious. Especially having a signed recruit going to an in-conference school. You never know, the shoe may be on the other foot sometime. There really wasn't anything to be gained by restraining a kid who would have ended up at Memphis, anyway. He actually gains more by taking the high road. I don't think the AAC even has a rule against transferring between league schools. I recall one of SMU's (I think) guards was a transfer from USF.
          Unlike some here have tried to spin it, there is no silver lining here. He was our #1 recruit. The centerpiece of the recruiting class at the most important position in college basketball. If Lomax is as good as advertised............ This sucks for us big time.
          Last edited by Zubcut; March 20, 2018, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• WheatShock
            WheatShock commented
            Editing a comment
            The SMU transfer you're thinking of is McMurray, he left USF to go Juco and then went to SMU. Since it wasn't a direct transfer i'm not sure if any league rules applied.

• Zubcut
            Zubcut commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh. I didn't know he went to juco between. Maybe there IS a transfer rule in-conference.

Enjoy your ass pounding by the Shox next few years Mumphist. Have a feeling GM will get his spark back next year. And the OGGM shall return.

I can see Apollo Creed talking to GM on the beach. Telling him he lost that edge, the eye of the Shocker!

Clubber Lange killed Mick!

You know what's comin...
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The first candidate for our ISUr of the AAC has now stepped forward

Comment

Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
              There really wasn't anything to be gained by restraining a kid who would have ended up at Memphis, anyway.
              Agreed. I can’t think of one instance where a school gained anything by fighting a transfer. Always hurts the school and the kid leaves anyways

Comment

While we’re at it, let’s bring in Tubby as asst coach

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  While we’re at it, let’s bring in Tubby as asst coach
                  I think a good argument can be made that Tubby is a great coach but not a great recruiter. Let him do the X's and O's and let others focus on recruiting.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

First, Tubby isn’t going to be an assistant. There will be a line of schools wanting to hire him if he chooses to work.

Second, football players are beginning to commit without signing LOI’s. I can see a day coming where they no longer exist.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      Enjoy your ass pounding by the Shox next few years Mumphist. Have a feeling GM will get his spark back next year. And the OGGM shall return.

I can see Apollo Creed talking to GM on the beach. Telling him he lost that edge, the eye of the Shocker!

Clubber Lange killed Mick!

You know what's comin...
                      This is brilliant....both ShockerPrez and 3G's response. It's not only the right move, it's the PERFECT move for Gregg. If you don't think that Coach is going to allow this to percolate, grow, fester.....he's going to wear this every single day and he's going to get mad, and when he gets mad he's at his best. This will be a catalyst, if not THE catalyst to the return of Play Angry mode. He's handled this beautifully, like others might work in oils or clay. It's a masterpiece.

Comment

Memphis introduced Penny Hardaway as its new head coach Tuesday morning, with the former Tiger great and Memphis native making his triumphant return to campus.

Sucks to lose him. But the positive publicity is good for future recruits parents

Comment

nm
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 20, 2018, 10:24 PM. Reason: nm

Comment

Working...
                          X