Wichita State vs USF Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Then I bet you too were happy about him eating the AM WALL.
    Ecstatic! I jumped up and said a few words I don't remember, but no one around me seemed to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      Asbjorn Midtgaard. What a personality.

Zach Brown's post-game interview was a classic.
      Loved him rallying the student section.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        Asbjorn Midtgaard. What a personality.

Zach Brown's post-game interview was a classic.
        When Midtgaard flattened that guy with a pick he flexed to the bench and they went absolutely nuts. It was hilarious. It was right in front of the USF kid too ... he wasn't a fan though.

Comment

• DJShocker10
          DJShocker10 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m assuming coach will address that. I didn’t see He flex, but I probably would have laughed pretty hard had I seen it. Nonetheless, probably a little overboard. At least he didn’t flex towards the USF bench lol.

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          The flex was unnecessary and wrong, but it's hard to blame the kid, he wants to contribute and he's trying so hard. Dude even smiles and nods when Gregg is chewing his ass, as if he likes it. Must be a Danish thing.

• I'm not sure I've ever seen a deep bench player like Asbjorn that tried so damned hard. It's no wonder he's endeared himself to the fan base. If he doesn't "make it" it won't be from a lack of effort.

I'm not sure about Coach Gregory. On one hand he went to the Naval Academy and played with the Admiral. That's a bunch of pluses. He coached with Tom Izzo for 5 years, 3 FFs and a NC. That's good stuff. He was way above average at Dayton. Won the NIT. Went to the NCAA twice and won a game. Clearly successful. Then Georgia Tech...not so good. Now USF. Obviously this is a throw away season, but his actions on the bench leave a lot to be desired. He was irritated with the lob call and was saying so to Gregg during the game. His team was WOEFULLY unprepared in almost every aspect. Brian, if you need help with an out of bounds play, I think my daughter remembers a couple from 7th grade you could try. Sheesh.

Last game we have Landry and Conner taking most of the shots we want to take....tonight almost none. Landry took 2 shots. Probably says more about how bad USF is than our depth, but still, our depth.

Kind of reminded me of the Valley. 30 point wins at home. The more things change.......

Comment

• Cdizzle
          Cdizzle commented
          Editing a comment
          The lob was a reward for Keyser for having like 4 straight possessions before that Coach liked, a game after Coach had called him out. I was a little surprised. But when WSU is playing guys 11-15, and your starters are in pressing, you probably don't have much room to complain.

The inbound thing was incredible. I've never seen a team that straight up couldn't get it in under their own basket.

• Post Game with Zach

Comment

• RPI went from 11 to 18, SOS went from 20 to 34. So Valley.

Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Brian, if you need help with an out of bounds play, I think my daughter remembers a couple from 7th grade you could try. Sheesh.
            Classic. :highly_amused:

Comment

• Tonight I really like the five for five substitution pattern. No weak spots with either group and both deadly. When our Shox play like this it is a sight to behold.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                Tonight I really like the five for five substitution pattern. No weak spots with either group and both deadly. When our Shox play like this it is a sight to behold.
                No Conner today, but with the platoon system that second unit is pretty darn fast! SHJ, CJ, MM, DW, and RN aren’t small or slow. Samajae, Markis, and Daryl have elite level quickness for their positions.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• One observation I had from today...
                  When AR and SHJ are on the court together, I feel the offense flows better when AR runs the point and SHJ is off ball. AR is a better distributor and decision maker at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slykryck View Post
                    One observation I had from today...
                    When AR and SHJ are on the court together, I feel the offense flows better when AR runs the point and SHJ is off ball. AR is a better distributor and decision maker at this point.
                    Austin still makes a few bad decisions, but at least you know what he was thinking!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• What app is needed to have the yellow flash that HCGM likes?

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Austin still makes a few bad decisions, but at least you know what he was thinking!
                        Agreed. And IMO, ARs bad decisions are more a result of unselfishness. Typically a bad pass trying to make a play for someone else. SHJ gets a little caught up hunting his own shot and seems to underestimate the size/athleticism of the opposing player, ie. the contested jumper over a 6’11” forward that led to a fast break layup. As he gets more comfortable and let’s the offense come to him, that should improve. Either way, between AR, SHJ and ALo, I think we’re fine at point next year.

Comment

• My thoughts from today... USF would look good in an airport, but they are flat terrible in every phase of the game. They look like last place Valley material to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                            A right hand sighting from DW!
                            i thought so, but did he switch to his left hand at the last instant?

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Slykryck
                              Slykryck commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Haha. I saw this and got supper excited. About the 8 minute mark in the first half. Then I watched the highlights...used his left.
                          Working...
                          X