X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I had to guess he’s somewhere around 6’7”-6’8”

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Got called away with 10-12 minutes to go. Will Mitgaard end up being a player?
      TBD.

However, I’d back off from making anymore score predictions.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        this pic is from last night, I saw them at halftime. OK, so tell me how tall Moore is?
        Not sure, but I walked past them in the concourse last night and they’re big; I’d guess both are about 6’-9”. Poo Bear's (or is it Poor Bear?) hair makes him look a little taller... and he's a little closer to the camera.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• pogo
          pogo commented
          Editing a comment
          Why would you bring a tomahawk to a grizzly fight.

• wichshock65
          wichshock65 commented
          Editing a comment
          My god, he's huge! And hairy.

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        If I had to guess he’s somewhere around 6’7”-6’8”
        Marshall is 6'5" so at least 6'7. Sunrise Christian doesn't list vitals for Chance, but lists Chandler at 6'9"
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• My thoughts on AM. Very often college recruiters recruit certain players because they fit preferable
          prototype size requirements. Well, I don't think anyone would argue AM meets that in spades for a
          center. He seems to have a great attitude and desire to learn. Check. I think he can already be
          considered a fairly valuable defensive player. Check. Has tremendous upside potential. Check.
          Fan favorite ? Check. I think he will be a much improved offensive player in a couple years but we
          really don't need him in that capacity as we have and are going to have scorers. In a couple years
          I see him playing around 15 minutes a game averaging a couple blocks and 6 rebounds a game.
          GM recruited him and seems to like him. Check Check.

Comment

• shocks02
            shocks02 commented
            Editing a comment
            Midtgaard will probably average more than 15 minutes a game next season. If not, then Jaime Echenique or Poor Bear will have me very pleasantly surprised.

• WheatShock
            WheatShock commented
            Editing a comment
            He's going to get a lot of fouls called on him just because he's huge. I think 20 min a game is the most we can expect from him next year and I expect him to average around 4 fouls in those 20 minutes.

It took Shaq a long time to clean up his foul issues and I expect AM to have a similar trajectory in that respect.

• wufan
            wufan commented
            Editing a comment
            I think Udeze will be one of the three centers and IPBC will be a PF. Chandler can hit the perimeter shot.

• AM will have to get fouling under control if he is to average 15 minutes. If he follows Shaq's "learning curve" or "progression," he'll do fine

Morris
          Season Minutes/game fouls per 40
          '14-'15 12.7 8.8
          '15-'16 15.4 7.3
          '16-'17 18 5.2
          '17-'18 21.5 5.1
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• "WICHITA, Kan. -- His team had just been blown out, and South Florida coach Brian Gregory grabbed the stat sheet to make sure his players saw a small number that stood out to him.

Landry Shamet, the star guard for No. 9 Wichita State, took just two shots in a 95-57 victory on Sunday.

"Two shots the whole game," Gregory said. "He don't care. I mean, All-American, NBA first-round pick, and he doesn't care about any of that. That's because of the type of high-level program they've built."
            Where have I seen this before...?

But for realz. It's a bummer that stuff like this will probably impact his Conference POY and AA ratings, but it's indicative of the goodness going on with Marshall's teams. Shamet beats Adams, owns Gray, then says "meh, I'll just get some assists tonight."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Where have I seen this before...?

But for realz. It's a bummer that stuff like this will probably impact his Conference POY and AA ratings, but it's indicative of the goodness going on with Marshall's teams. Shamet beats Adams, owns Gray, then says "meh, I'll just get some assists tonight."
              Per KenPom, Landry has the third highest offensive rating of players that have 20-plus% usage. Look who is second...
              1 Jalen Brunson Villanova 6-2 190 Jr 141.7 (24.8)
              2 Ria'n Holland Mercer 6-0 152 Sr 136.7 (24.9)
              3 Landry Shamet Wichita St. 6-4 180 So 136.0 (21.6)

Comment

• wusphlash
                wusphlash commented
                Editing a comment
                I had high hopes for Ri'an and was sorry to see him go. Could never figure out why he struggled here.

• wufan
                wufan commented
                Editing a comment
                Ri’an wanted to be here. I don’t know who’s decision it was for him to transfer, but you could see the potential. I’m glad he’s found success.

• shocks02
              How do you see the rotation down low for next year then? (Probably belongs in another thread). I'm just looking at your comment about Poor Bear, and it seems you think he will be behind AM?

Kinda curious since you've probably watched our new guys more than I.

Comment

• shocks02
                shocks02 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm just guessing we'll go three-headed monster again and play center by committee. The only thing for sure is that AM will have a year in the GM system over PB and JE and we all know how that goes. I would expect to see 18-20 minutes a game from AM. At this point, I would say PB might be a step ahead of JE but who knows. I think they will both get their chance on the court.

• Shaqness
                Shaqness commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! AM for 18-minutes seems like a pretty big jump.

• wufan
                wufan commented
                Editing a comment
                AM, JE, and MU will be the three headed monster at the 5. IPBC will play at the 4 (pending healthy eligible voters players above). It’s unclear what the exact rotation will be, but I would expect a near three-way split.

The 4 will have Chandler in the rotation with one of or both McDuffie and R. Brown. Possibly Udeze too.

• I like AM a lot. Great hands for a big guy. Helped break the press twice yesterday by coming from half court as a relief valve and receiving the inbound pass. No fumbling and bumbling. Gets his hands on a lot of balls around the basket. Ran the court. The shot from the free throw line was a little hurried but the form was good. You'll never see him riding a stationary bike because of coaches dissatisfaction with effort. I see a high upside.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                I like AM a lot. Great hands for a big guy. Helped break the press twice yesterday by coming from half court as a relief valve and receiving the inbound pass. No fumbling and bumbling. Gets his hands on a lot of balls around the basket. Ran the court. The shot from the free throw line was a little hurried but the form was good. You'll never see him riding a stationary bike because of coaches dissatisfaction with effort. I see a high upside.
                He did that quite well, he caught the ball and immediately passed the ball to a guard moving up the floor. It wasn't a fouling situation but he also got rid of the ball before the other team had a chance to go for a foul or steal if it had been, and he didn't even think about trying to bring the ball up himself.

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Absolutely agree AM plays next year. Plus all the new guys get to go against a monster in practice everyday. Surely that will help in their young development in the post.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Is there a video of the AM screen? I could never get tired of watching that.

Comment

• boltforge
                      boltforge commented
                      Editing a comment

• AM might be my favorite player on this team. Great personality, works hard, and loves to be coached even when he's getting chewed out. Among our bigs, he is the best at moving the ball when the double comes. We haven't really seen his post moves, but I don't think he will get minutes for his offensive production, but for his defense and rebounding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                      Is there a video of the AM screen? I could never get tired of watching that.

Comment

Working...
                      X