Wichita State vs USF Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
    Is there a video of the AM screen? I could never get tired of watching that.
    First attempt at this ...

... I need to improve the capture, but I'm on a slow computer right now. I did notice that AM flexed in response to CJ flexing first.

Comment

• WheatShock
      WheatShock commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for putting that up on youtube so I can watch it over, and over, and over....

• Originally posted by boltforge View Post

... I need to improve the capture, but I'm on a slow computer right now. I did notice that AM flexed in response to CJ flexing first.
    Thanks, I love the reaction of the bench to his flexing!

Comment

May he rest in peace, and the Lord have mercy on his poor soul... Please, bow your heads...

Comment

That may be the most perfect, legal, devastating pick I've ever seen I my life. I also love how he didn't stand around to admire his handiwork, but sprinted under the basket to give his team a 5 on 4. Usually when a guy gets destroyed like that, the screener gets called for a foul no matter how clean it was. But he was so set, for so long before and so motionless during contact that even college refs couldn't miss it.
        Just watching his minutes in this game, I think AM is the best screener on the team. He's huge. He doesn't lean or move to create contact. His technique is so good that it is hard to call him for fouls. When he gets called for a moving screen it will usually be the ball handlers fault for going too soon. That and I'm sure he'll be the victim of bad calls because of how guys will get obliterated by him and refs will assume he must have done something illegal.
        Last edited by Zubcut; January 8, 2018, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• WheatShock
          WheatShock commented
          Editing a comment
          If Malone could have gotten that shot to the rim instead of getting blocked AM was in perfect position for a putback.

Oh MAN!!!! Great "strong" pick.
        Too bad our #10 didn't have the presence of mind to look to pass to AM as AM was trailing behind in the lane for a MONSTER DUNK!!!!!
        Oh how the roof would have came down had that happened!!!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• You're right. That may go down in Shocker lore as "THE SCREEN". Too bad Malone couldn't do anything with it.
          Last edited by Zubcut; January 8, 2018, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Please don't give me a "Like" for this... it illustrates what a blow to the head can do. I hope the kids ok? Yikes!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Stickboy46
              Stickboy46 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm hungry for some Jello now

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
            That may be the most perfect, legal, devastating pick I've ever seen I my life. I also love how he didn't stand around to admire his handiwork, but sprinted under the basket to give his team a 5 on 4. Usually when a guy gets destroyed like that, the screener gets called for a foul no matter how clean it was. But he was so set, for so long before and so motionless during contact that even college refs couldn't miss it.
            Just watching his minutes in this game, I think AM is the best screener on the team. He's huge. He doesn't lean or move to create contact. His technique is so good that it is hard to call him for fouls. When he gets called for a moving screen it will usually be the ball handlers fault for going too soon. That and I'm sure he'll be the victim of bad calls because of how guys will get obliterated by him and refs will assume he must have done something illegal.
            He stood there for so long before the crash, that he became a legal resident of Kansas.

Comment

• He stood there so long, Jake White was impressed

Comment

• AM just got something Jake White never did

Comment

• I would say that a very similar play happened when Ogre from UNI leveled Matt Brauer. Completely legal, but kind of bush. We didn't like it then.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It wasn't bush, but it IS a tremendous example of how point of view affects how you see something. This was USF's fault. Teammate should have helped him out. AM set a legal screen, Kaboom. When Matt was dropped, boos RAINED down upon the floor. Dirtiest play ever. Hang the guy. Why no T? Throw him out! Pretty much the exact same play, except once the opponent was dropped, once Matt was.

• Rlh04d
                    Rlh04d commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I also see nothing bush about leaving the starters in and playing hard to the whistle. Whether we have our starters in on our walk ons. That's our choice and shouldn't impact how hard they play.

• WuShock16
                    WuShock16 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Evansville. Matt Webster, I believe.

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  this pic is from last night, I saw them at halftime. OK, so tell me how tall Moore is?
                  6-7.5
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Shockm
                    Shockm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry but this is no more than a “stab in the dark”. I could say 6’8.2.5 and be just as possibly right as your 6.75. Who cares if he is 6’7 or 6’9. His coach said 6’9 so that is the best information that we have but that may be wrong too.

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  Just got back from the game. First, I want to congratulate the team and coaches.

Now, I wan to blow off some steam. What a punk-ass head coach for USF. He was playing the guys who had all but 7 of their points in during the last 3-5 minutes of the game. We had walk-ons in and he was playing starters. Maybe the guys on the end of their bench are all red-shirting, but I know they've had at least 12 guys with stats. Super happy for our players who showed them our 3rd squad can play with their starters.
                  Who cares? He has to coach his team. I'm sure he has his reasons. I have no problem with a coach losing big keeping his starters in the game. Now, if you're winning like that, leaving your starters in is bush league.
                  I hope you realize, in the MVC,everybody but us thought Marshall is a punk-ass. It will probably be the same in the AAC pretty soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post

Who cares? He has to coach his team. I'm sure he has his reasons. I have no problem with a coach losing big keeping his starters in the game. Now, if you're winning like that, leaving your starters in is bush league.
                    I hope you realize, in the MVC,everybody but us thought Marshall is a punk-ass. It will probably be the same in the AAC pretty soon.
                    In a 40 point game, both sides usually call off the dogs, at the very least, to avoid any injuries in a meaningless game.

I guess that's a risk Brian was willing to take, trying to cut a 40 point deficit to a 30 point one.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Rlh04d
                      Rlh04d commented
                      Editing a comment
                      In all seriousness, who cares if anyone for USF gets hurt? Not on a personal level, but a competitive one. With two good teams with something real to play for, sure, game gets out of hand you don't want an injured player. Whether USF has every starter healthy or they're starting guys from the stands, it's probably a difference of three wins. There's not a lot injured players can do to a team that looks like they'll finish 3-15.

I think they have more to gain from playing the extra minutes than they have to lose from injuries.

• I don't see any problem with USF pressing in the final seconds. By that time it's nothing but a practice session. Maybe USF's coach wanted some extra practice time to work on his press. Maybe he figured going against the end of WSU's bench might give his players a chance to actually press successfully and see how it's supposed to work.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                    X