No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs USF Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite pick in a full court situation was set by Paul Wight many, many years ago. I now have a co-favorite.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Just got back from the game. First, I want to congratulate the team and coaches.

Now, I wan to blow off some steam. What a punk-ass head coach for USF. He was playing the guys who had all but 7 of their points in during the last 3-5 minutes of the game. We had walk-ons in and he was playing starters. Maybe the guys on the end of their bench are all red-shirting, but I know they've had at least 12 guys with stats. Super happy for our players who showed them our 3rd squad can play with their starters.
      I don’t have a problem with leaving the starters in the whole game but when the shot clock is off and you’re still pressing it’s fair game to get an alley oop in the face.

Comment

• Rlh04d
        Rlh04d commented
        Editing a comment
        I see no problem with it. Both their starters and our third string benefit from it.

If I was a coach, especially in my first year, I wouldn't give my guys the rest of the game off for getting their asses kicked. They have nothing to save their players for later. They just need experience and improvement.

Any chance the Youtube fairy will help out of town fans?
      Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• shocks02
        shocks02 commented
        Editing a comment
        It has for all of our other CBS Network games so far this year.

When you don't start pressing until you're facing the 5th-string walk-on PG, you probably get what's coming to you.

Comment

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
        Any chance the Youtube fairy will help out of town fans?
        Probably, they seem to put most of them up but I don't think it's anyone here. Someone is putting up all the big named teams games.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post

I don’t have a problem with leaving the starters in the whole game but when the shot clock is off and you’re still pressing it’s fair game to get an alley oop in the face.
            Is this the head coach's first year? He starts 2 grad seniors with another senior and one more senior is in their top 5 scoring and they're in the bottom 300 RPI. If he's been there a few years, he needs to be gone.

Oh yeah. I think #11 is a punk player has well.

Comment

Game Highlights

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                Just got back from the game. First, I want to congratulate the team and coaches.

Now, I wan to blow off some steam. What a punk-ass head coach for USF. He was playing the guys who had all but 7 of their points in during the last 3-5 minutes of the game. We had walk-ons in and he was playing starters. Maybe the guys on the end of their bench are all red-shirting, but I know they've had at least 12 guys with stats. Super happy for our players who showed them our 3rd squad can play with their starters.
                I was wondering that too, especially with the press.

The AM WALL made it a bit more satisfying.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                  Shocker Mama commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That guy was deserving.

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Is this the head coach's first year? He starts 2 grad seniors with another senior and one more senior is in their top 5 scoring and they're in the bottom 300 RPI. If he's been there a few years, he needs to be gone.

Then I bet you too were happy about him eating the AM WALL.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm happy that we're done with USF for the year. That team would be playing UNI on Thursday night in the Valley Tournament.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Post Game with MK

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Yes this is Coach Gregory's 1st year. 3 grad transfers on the roster. I expect them to be much more competitive in a few years.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 7, 2018, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• God's Wall
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Asbjorn Midtgaard. What a personality.

Zach Brown's post-game interview was a classic.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                            Shocker Mama commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I am glad to hear that CJ lives with Zach and Rashard (and Tank).
                        Working...
                        X