Arkansas State vs. Wichita State Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Could have used Conner's steady hand. Could always use Markis' skill set.

9-2.

Their coach deserved his T and he had EVERY right to *****. That was an awful no call at a critical juncture.

Gregg's T with 3:16 left and us holding a 9 point lead I think was not what we needed and was unnecessary.

Quick, when was the last time we were forced to take a timeout in the first half of a game in the Chuck?
    I don't know why their coach was bitching about. Gregg shoulda got a T about 30 seconds sooner. I would guess under Turg.

Comment

• So what happened during the handshakes? Did Gregg start yelling at the ref? Or did the ref initiate the exchange?

watching the twitter video it looks like the ref did or said something that got Gregg’s attention and he then starts yelling at him. But I could be wrong.
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I don't know why their coach was bitching about. Gregg shoulda got a T about 30 seconds sooner. I would guess under Turg.
        Their coach was complaining about no goaltend call on, I believe, Kelly, who I think hit the backboard going for a block. I thought it was an egregious non-call when I saw it live from the cheapseats. That said, they let him go nuts for a while, but when he was back on the court they had to hit him with the T. Frankly, he probably should have been thrown out, as he made contact with the ref after being T'd up.

Maybe Marshall should've gotten a T sooner. Maybe the refs should have watched basically any part of the game(I mean, it took the ArkSt ball handler like 6 seconds to get a timeout called in the first half when he was standing directly in front of the ref that should have been watching the on-ball action. I also liked the big out-of-bounds to WSU call in the ArkSt backcourt while the shot clock read 18.). Maybe refs shouldn't be allowed to put hands on coaches if coaches can't put hands on refs.

Comment

• At some point this is just who we are. It's been who we are in nearly 40% of our games.

Hopefully MM's return and a nice Christmas slow period changes who we are or the AAC schedule is going to be rough.

Those might also have been the worst refs I've seen in a few years. For both teams.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Topshock
            Topshock commented
            Editing a comment
            After 11 games I'm still not sure who we are. I also hope MM's return makes a big positive difference. If he doesn't and you gave me WSU or the field for the AAC championship. My money would be on the field.

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
          So what happened during the handshakes? Did Gregg start yelling at the ref? Or did the ref initiate the exchange?

watching the twitter video it looks like the ref did or said something that got Gregg’s attention and he then starts yelling at him. But I could be wrong.
          Yes, someone had to see this in person right? I immediately noticed watching live and rewound it to see what had happened... Gregg was fired UP. Looked like he was ready to get in a brawl.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Yes, someone had to see this in person right? I immediately noticed watching live and rewound it to see what had happened... Gregg was fired UP. Looked like he was ready to get in a brawl.
            I noticed it right as Gregg was yelling. It was definitely towards the ref and the ref just kind of put his hands up and walked faster towards the tunnel.

Hopefully we don't get that ref again. I wouldn't expect many calls going our way....

Comment

• Cdizzle
              Cdizzle commented
              Editing a comment
              I was watching. I couldn't tell you who said something first, but I can tell you for sure that Marshall wasn't the only one yelling.

• If this were a conference game I imagine that there would be a fine for Marshall.
            Last edited by pinstripers; December 20, 2017, 09:23 AM. Reason: you already knew what I meant, but just to clarify

Comment

• Cdizzle
              Cdizzle commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree the ref could be fined. Refs shouldn't put hands on people.
              Last edited by Cdizzle; December 20, 2017, 09:43 AM.

• Maybe a game like that to get everyone pissed off is exactly what we needed. Both coaches were very chippy, not necessarily at each other. Refs were also chippy with the coaches. Arkansas State hitting every prayer in the first half. Landry getting pissed. Kelly dunking the life out of someone. Crowd waiting to absolutely explode on any made bucket. This was not your typical buy game.

If we don't come out playing angry against FGCU, then someone truly might be wrong. But I'm hoping this game was the last straw and we really start to put it together from here on out.

No more 50-point halves.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
              No more 50-point halves.
              For the opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Why are you following a Topeka twitter account? Douche.
                I only saw it when our great cities best sports reported, Will Kunkel, retweeted it. He has great insight!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxHailGGG View Post

I only saw it when our great cities best sports reported, Will Kunkel, retweeted it. He has great insight!
                  Sarcasm?
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxHailGGG View Post

On notice.

Again.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Hmmm . . I smell something bad like a troll.
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• In regards to GGG, the ref and the handshake line. Refs lost control of the game, not in the sense of players being too physical, but between themselves and the coaches. They made some bad calls, missed some easy calls. But other than the potentially blown goal tend call that was a huge call had Ark St received the benefit, I don't think they blew anything to the point of Marshall needing to go after the ref multiple times during a timeout. I was disappointed that coach ripped Shaq for his T and then proceeded to get one himself for what I have to assume to be selfish reasons as his team was not in need of being fired up, there was no egregious call/no call, and we had a slim lead at the time. Thats between he and Shaq though.

Now, what I was VERY disappointed in was Coach blowing off the handshake line to try and chase down the official. He started in on that before he even reached their HC. I was curious how the handshake would be as I didn't see all of the interaction between the 2 coaches when everything was heated. From what I saw he briefly told their HC good game and motioned towards the official like 'hey, you did great but I need to go catch this guy' and he essentially blew off everyone after that. You owe it to the opposing team that just made you and your team work your tails off to shake their hands. There was NOTHING to gain by going after that official again. NOTHING. You have a problem with him, you go through the channels and call the league office. Pretty simple. After the horn sounded he needed to let it go and be respectful to the game and the players. This is just another in what is becoming a long line of GGG not representing the team and University like I would expect a top coach to do. Love coach, love what he has built. But at some point he has to knock off this crap.

Go ahead and flame away, I'm sure I'm 'just too sensitive' but as a SASO donor for quite some time and an active supporter of the program...I'm entitled to my opinion.
                        -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Apparently Zach Brown addressed the team in the locker room and asked them if they really wanted to be known as Marshall's worst defensive team ever ... because that is where they were headed.

Comment

Working...
                          X