Arkansas State vs. Wichita State Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    This team, and coaching staff, just feel different this year. Perhaps a chemistry thing. Don't really know.
    Remember when Boyle left Turgeon's staff? Same thing happened.

In the current situation, I'd guess that at least several players had great connections with Heiar and lost a friend. Maybe Heiar was the coach who softened the impact of some of Marshall's tendencies, which I think we can admit can get a little rough.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Remember when Boyle left Turgeon's staff? Same thing happened.

In the current situation, I'd guess that at least several players had great connections with Heiar and lost a friend. Maybe Heiar was the coach who softened the impact of some of Marshall's tendencies, which I think we can admit can get a little rough.
      Didn't Tad leave the 2006-2007 season? After the Sweet 16 run? The team started off great then fell apart

Comment

• WuShock16
        WuShock16 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tad left after the 2005-06 season (the Sweet 16 year). Mark left one year later. Yes, that last MT season started oh so well but ended oh so not well.

• Been somewhat unimpressed with SHJ versus tougher competition, but he certainly saved our butts tonight. He deserves a lot of credit for our win this evening. Both Shaq and 3G both came close to costing us the game with their stupid, nearly back-to-back,Technicals. There may or may not be a time for a technical, but in both of their cases, this was certainly not the case. Cost us a bunch of points. With Conner and Markis out, we really did not have a very deep quality bench tonight. Hopefully they will both be back in full stride by the start of Conference play.

Comment

• A win is a win and I'm thrilled for SHJ - that was an awesome effort this evening. Darral is also showing up in a big way lately.

Shaq needs FVV to run him up and down some Cessna stairs to reignite that motor of his. If his rebounding does not improve drastically and soon, he will be on the receiving end of many more butt chewings by HCGM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think a lot of that may have to do with the schedule we have played and all the injuries and illnesses the Shocks have had no doubt complicated having our team complete at any point in time in a long time. I can see why 3G is a bit on the edgy side this season. It has just seems to have been a littany of one thing after another. Austin's shoulder and mono, Landry's foot and then his ankle, Markis' foot, Zach's knee, Samajae's stomach, Conner's migraine and CJ's off the court issues come to mind right off the bat. It's not just the impact on games but the impact on being able to practice at full strength as well. Throw in the turnover on the coaching staff and 3G's own shoulder issue and you have the ingredients for a grouchy coach.
          I completely agree '72. I guess where I'm coming from is it seems to go further than just 3G but also throughout the team. There is no doubt in my mind that everyone has the will and passion but I think the pressure of the high expectations this year might be taking a toll. MM back into the rotation will help! Everything will be fine but it's a shocker (pardon the pun) that it's painful to watch this team at times, at this point of the season, even without Markus.

Comment

• Trust the process. That is all.

Comment

• For those asking about the 3 Marshall was showing, I believe it was in reference to the number of times that ref put his hands on Marshall. When Marshall pointed it out, the ref T'd him up.

After the game, when the ref was no longer holding all the cards and kept yelling at Marshall in the handshake line, Marshall simply asked if he had a problem they needed to deal with.

Comment

• HCGM was irritated, but clearly not "Canadian angry."

Comment

• Now that the game is over....everyone needs to remember we have played in 11 Super Bowls this year so far and have won 9 of them.:biggrin-new:
                  Don't sweat the petty things .....and.....don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• It is just so beautiful that on the day that Shaqness got the ban hammer that Jones drops 27.
                    Poetic Justice . . . What a day!
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                      It is just so beautiful that on the day that Shaqness got the ban hammer that Jones drops 27.
                      Oh he did? What was the final straw?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                        It is just so beautiful that on the day that Shaqness got the ban hammer that Jones drops 27.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• We really need to be smarter all the way around if we're gonna take this season where we hope to go.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post

I'm on a need to know basis. However, in response to a question Fever asked him, The Dude @KungWu said it would be awhile before Shaqness could answer. His profile now has the banned label.
                            Last edited by Shocker-maniac; December 19, 2017, 10:17 PM.
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post

Probabably the two earlier bannings, plus the same behavior on username numero tres.

Wild guess. Not my handiwork.

Comment

Working...
                              X