No announcement yet.

Arkansas State vs. Wichita State Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s hard to pump sunshine after a weird game like this, especially a few days coming off a loss but every team runs into adversity time to time and it seems we’ve come into that. Thank goodness the semester is over and the team has the time to really dive into the things that are being exposed right now. Markis coming back into the mix just might be the shock with the defibrillator this team needs right now.

Comment

• Well we survived another hot shooting team. The last three teams has torched the nets from the 3 point line. Some are open looks and some are ridiculous. We’ve had more trouble this year it seems guarding the 3. I’m sure we will get better at it, at least I hope so. SHJ really played great and really picked us up, not having Conner. Willis again played a great all round game, and Landry took over the last 5-6 minutes of the game taking it too the basket, hitting some big shots. Loved Rashards dunk and doing the little things too contribute.

Comment

• I can't find a box score with minutes. I'm going to guess Keyser had 2 of those. The rest of his line was 1 turnover, 2 fouls.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
          HCGM was irritated, but clearly not "Canadian angry."
          3G was also mad as a wet hen and so parched he may of ordered a case of Canada Dry.

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxHailGGG View Post
            https://twitter.com/wibwChrisLilly/s...18050190909441

Anyone know who this was directed to?
            Why are you following a Topeka twitter account? Douche.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Our defense is simply not as good as we're used to. I'm not sure why because we had a great defense last year with the EXACT same personnel. Chris Jans...ahem.

However, teams are really getting hard-ons for us too. There were open looks but there was a lot of contested junk that was falling from 30% 3 point shooters. I knew Arkansas State would cool in the 2nd half, and they did, but they also were getting offensive rebounds and putbacks. They also were getting to the line, especially late. Refs were leaning towards the Arkies. Some very horrible calls on their end of the court. Again, we needed to go inside and when we did it, it usually ended well. Sometimes I don't know what the coaches could possibly be saying. Feed the POSTS.

DW was an animal. He actually needed more touches. SHJ was a needed spark in CF's absence. He's not gonna be able to drive to the hoop in conference, but you might as well do it against these types of teams. Hell, nobody else was doing anything against them.

This team is frustrating as hell to watch right now.

I really, really, really just want a 25+ win sometime soon. Preferably Friday. Is that too much to ask?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Cdizzle
                Cdizzle commented
                Editing a comment
                I think there is something to be said for the turnover in assistant coaches.

I'm also not buying the "exact same" personnel thing....yet. McDuffie is probably our best and most versatile defender, and he hasn't played a minute. It will be interesting to see how the collective team defense improves once he is up to speed.

• ShockerFever
                ShockerFever commented
                Editing a comment
                You're right. MM is a big piece.

Maybe one guy down is that big of a difference maker. I'm not sure I buy it from ONE guy though, even though he is an IMPORTANT guy.

MM can't cover all of the court and all of the perimeter.

• Cdizzle
                Cdizzle commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree, and it will be interesting to watch. But rising tides and all that. McDuffie likely takes minutes from a known defensive weak spot.

Also (and I say this as someone who has been disappointed in a fair number of defensive things), if you're using tonight ( and I know we're talking trends here, which I agree with), it was down 2 starters, both replaced by known poor defenders.

Quite frankly though, in my opinion, Shamet simply has to get way better defensively. We're making other teams uncomfortable offensively at a disturbingly low rate.

• Get real-time COLLEGEBASKETBALL basketball coverage and scores as Arkansas State Red Wolves takes on Wichita State Shockers. We bring you the latest game previews, live stats, and recaps on CBSSports.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I really, really, really just want a 25+ win sometime soon. Preferably Friday. Is that too much to ask?
                Yes, a nice game where I get bored and start multitasking.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• According to that stat sheet I count 11 assists and 12 turnovers for the red wolves and 22 assists and only 7 turnovers for the Shocks. That's kewl but I think we got outrebounded the first half and only win the battle of the boards 32-29.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Video of Rashards dunk?
                    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• People keep saying they hit some open threes but some contested ones as well. Well here’s the deal, if you guard the three line better, and make ALL of them reasonably contested, they don’t go in at a very high rate, but when you give up several wide open looks that get made, suddenly their shooters have all the confidence in the word, and those contested shots suddenly become a lot more makeable.

Comment

• Oh and the Arky State coach is a whiney little douche. It would have been hilarious to see a play-by-play guy get kicked out of a basketball game. It almost happened. Would love to hear the call of that one.

Marshall is really pushing the limits. Very frustrating results in the last 3 games and in each one Marshall has boiled over. Geesh. We need to blow out a team simply for his health alone.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Could have used Conner's steady hand. Could always use Markis' skill set.

9-2.

Their coach deserved his T and he had EVERY right to *****. That was an awful no call at a critical juncture.

Gregg's T with 3:16 left and us holding a 9 point lead I think was not what we needed and was unnecessary.

Quick, when was the last time we were forced to take a timeout in the first half of a game in the Chuck?

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                              Downtown Shocker Brown commented
                              Editing a comment
                              He was complaining about basket interference, not the block being a goaltend. Since the shot was blocked, there is no basket interference. It is similar to a tipped pass in the NFL, as soon as it is tipped, no pass interference.

I think our guards need to learn how to complete a bounce pass.

I think Austin needs to get his hands up! -- "QUICK HANDS, QUICK FEET!"

I think Creighton the year Wragge went crazy?

• This is my second post in about 3 years.
                            # 1 Wish... Rauno Nurger consistently hits his bunnies...
                            # 2 Wish...Connor Frankamp is OK with just a migrane headache...

Comment

• Rlh04d
                              Rlh04d commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Dudes never missed a game before. I'm going to assume "just a migraine headache" is a good description of what happened.

• proshox
                              proshox commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Assuming it was an actual migraine I am not surprised that he couldn’t play. I had a series of them 20 years ago.

I got to the bottom of the cause quickly, but I experienced vision issues in conjunction with the painful headache. It was as if I was looking at snow on an old school tv.
                          Working...
                          X