Arkansas State vs. Wichita State Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    From what I have witnessed over his career, ZB will start off strong, then around now for a few weeks he goes a bit quiet. Then after a couple weeks into conference play he comes back with a force and we start rolling. ZB will make his presence known when the rubber hits the road. I'd bet my house on it.
    Unfortunately for ZB, this conference season is gonna be quite different than past ones.

If you look at his overall statistics, he had slid every single year. His best year by far was his freshman season.

His defense has also slipped too. That’s the most concerning part because that’s the only way he’s contributing to the team.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shockm
      Shockm commented
      Editing a comment
      Well if his knee is still bothering him (someone said that Coach said that he didn't seem to be 100%), that would be a reason for him to slip on the defensive end.

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Unfortunately for ZB, this conference season is gonna be quite different than past ones.

If you look at his overall statistics, he had slid every single year. His best year by far was his freshman season.

His defense has also slipped too. That’s the most concerning part because that’s the only way he’s contributing to the team.
    Other than his senior leadership, toughness, team mentality, and will to win? :-)

I'm hoping he picks it up offensively, and to a lesser degree, defensively. He has been different ever since there injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
      I think we just need to come to terms about the lack of defensive pieces on this year's team.

We don't have guys that are ball hawks. Our bigs are not especially good at a strong hedge than immediate return to their assignment.

I think the correct adjustment will be applying less pressure on the ball... especially on middle ball screens.
      These same players were here last year and had no problem. The only change is SHJ for DS

Comment

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        True, maybe teams are getting more skilled. I would assume skill is being valued over “athlete” as the college basketball’s “freedom of movement” rules become the norm.

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Nah, was showing him “3.” No idea in reference to what.
      number of steps the player took

Comment

• Did anyone see the Ark State Coach and Gregg exchange "3s" near half court during the 2nd half when the officials were incurring the wrath of both coaches?

Hilarious doesn't even begin to describe it.

Comment

• Topshock
          Topshock commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, saw that. Couldn't tell if one was mocking the other, but they seemed very cordial in the handshake line.

• shelback
          shelback commented
          Editing a comment
          From my vantage point it all started with Sims mocking the bench with the 3 sign after hitting a early 3. I watched GM go to his assistant coaches show them the sign then KL walked down the bench and challenged the players.

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Did anyone see the Ark State Coach and Gregg exchange "3s" near half court during the 2nd half when the officials were incurring the wrath of both coaches?

Hilarious doesn't even begin to describe it.
        I didn't see it on TV. Were both coaches in an alliance against the refs? And what did the 3 really mean?

Comment

• I wish I knew. Coach Balado was enjoying himself to the point of near laughter at the time, pointing to Gregg and showing three fingers. A variety of scenarios are possible so speculation seems useless, but it was entertaining, to say the least. When he confirmed Gregg's 3 with his own 3 and Gregg agreed, spun around and headed for Short Round I almost fell off my seat I was laughing so hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post

I didn't see it on TV. Were both coaches in an alliance against the refs? And what did the 3 really mean?
            https://memegenerator.net/img/instan...ello-hello.jpg
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Sorry, still haven’t conquered posting an image with my iPhone.

hello-hello-hello.jpg
              Last edited by WstateU; December 20, 2017, 10:34 PM.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                Try this: click the "underlined A" in the upper right of the editor. That should expand the editor to "advanced" mode, then click the picture icon and paste the URL in the URL field just like on the old board.

• Just checking it to eat crow on Jones. For the record, he actually initiated the offense several times this game. Our rip cut zone plays were good when he started them. He played well again - against a team we should have demolished. He's learning, but it's unnerving to watch him go from one good play to another "WTF" play. This is Point Guard State University, and he isn't a point guard, yet.

On another note; our defense blows hard. It isn't because every team injects shooting percentage before the game. It's because they drill wide open 3's and then get the confidence to heat check. Our coaching staff has got to put an end to these slaughters, it's on them.

Comment

Working...
              X