No announcement yet.

2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were there as many fans as players at the Memphis game?
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
      Were there as many fans as players at the Memphis game?
      Your chances of catching a tee shirt were very, very good.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Mississippi St. SOS is 286 and every game before Cincy was at home ...

Glad to see AAC get the win though.

Comment

• Temple is struggling against Nova.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Villanova up on Temple 46-29 at the half. Temple has a slew of problems. They have some good shooters but that's about it. That being said, Villanova probably played their best half so far this season.

Comment

• Temple's defense sucks, no effort.
              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• 2nd half basically a pickup game.

Comment

• Nova whips Temple 87-67.

Comment

• Defense not optional in the Houston-LSU. You're required to not play it.

Comment

• So a banked 3 in the second half is an automatic win. What’s a banked FT mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                        Nova whips Temple 87-67.
                        It was 25-5 at one point. Temple played them even from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Defense not optional in the Houston-LSU. You're required to not play it.
                          LSU scored 22 points the first 5 minutes. Houston withstood. Houston went 8-15 from 3 in first half alone, but shots not falling in the second half.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                            So a banked 3 in the second half is an automatic win. What’s a banked FT mean?
                            I will never understand why banking free throws is so frowned upon. Why not aim at the giant square. If you miss, it's much more likely to be a long rebound which helps the offense. Seems like a pretty good way to counter a hack-a-Shaq defense

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post

I will never understand why banking free throws is so frowned upon. Why not aim at the giant square. If you miss, it's much more likely to be a long rebound which helps the offense. Seems like a pretty good way to counter a hack-a-Shaq defense
                              I understand banked shots being frowned upon from a skill based perspective. It takes away from the craft that many work hard to perfect. But sometimes I wonder why the backboard isn’t used more frequently, if not a majority of the time. I’d be curious to see the difference in accuracy from 15’ out between bank shots and your standard, run of the mill jumper or FT. If the backboard provides a better likelihood to put the ball through the hoop, screw the craft. Might as well just do what’s most likely to put points on the board.
                              Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                                WSUwatcher commented
                                Editing a comment
                                John Wooden loved the backboard, as evidenced by guys like Keith Wilkes and Bill Walton; so did Tim Duncan. So those are pretty good fundamental supporters of using the glass. I haven't seen anyone seriously recommend it for FTs, though.

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post

I understand banked shots being frowned upon from a skill based perspective. It takes away from the craft that many work hard to perfect. But sometimes I wonder why the backboard isn’t used more frequently, if not a majority of the time. I’d be curious to see the difference in accuracy from 15’ out between bank shots and your standard, run of the mill jumper or FT. If the backboard provides a better likelihood to put the ball through the hoop, screw the craft. Might as well just do what’s most likely to put points on the board.
                              Not sure about the changes in the angles of descent of the flightof the ball, but using the glass from the FT line would require shooting the ball approximately 1.5 feet farther to even get to the backboard, and then it would have to arrive higher above the basket so it could deflect downward into the basket. Not sure that adding 2-3 feet to every shot is going to result in higher shooting percentages
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                              X