• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please shut the south door... thanks!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
      I remember when we had about 30 members in the late 90's. ShockerCat, Carpet Lawyer, BtheFan, BloodGold, etc. Those were the days!
      Crazy that boards have been around almost 20 years now. Remember when everyone had their real name listed next to their username on the old board? Getting rid of that feature probably saved a few fatalities :)

Also, Steve Eck.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        I was there for Team A and Team B. Those were the days!
        Wasn't there a vote/poll for ISASO's new name?

Also, Wraggs.

Comment

"Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I thought this was a Gregg Marshall thread...my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              I find it ironic that the people that jump all over @Jamar Howard 4 President for quibbling over word choice/how someone answered a question are doing the exact same thing in response, although with far less basis that most of JH4P's criticisms (which tend to be more nit-picky than baseless).

How about everyone just try for once giving others the benefit of the doubt rather than assuming the worst of what that person's intent was? If the other person really was trying to stir up trouble, it's on them, but in not giving the benefit of the doubt, we guarantee that we are part of the problem.
              Would you give me that benefit of the doubt?

I doubt it.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Would you give me that benefit of the doubt?

I doubt it.
                I have no doubt that there are times that I could have done better at giving you the benefit of the doubt on posts that can be interpreted in various lights and I apologize for my contributions to this problem.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I have no doubt that there are times that I could have done better at giving you the benefit of the doubt on posts that can be interpreted in various lights and I apologize for my contributions to this problem.
                  No need to apologize. I was just curious.

Moving on...
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I find it ironic that the people that jump all over @Jamar Howard 4 President: for quibbling over word choice/how someone answered a question are doing the exact same thing in response, although with far less basis that most of JH4P's criticisms (which tend to be more nit-picky than baseless).

How about everyone just try for once giving others the benefit of the doubt rather than assuming the worst of what that person's intent was? If the other person really was trying to stir up trouble, it's on them, but in not giving the benefit of the doubt, we guarantee that we are part of the problem.
                    Ohhhh, you're gonna go all "the people" are ya? I think we all know EXACTLY what you meant by "the people" and "everyone". You have some serious issues my friend. You might want to check yourself and seek some professional help.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                      I thought this was a Gregg Marshall thread...my bad.
                      It is. And true to its namesake, at this rate it's going to have a loooong and fruitful season.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Since @WuDrWu: is bringing up old threads and this is a HCGM thread, I thought I would throw this out there for a good laugh......

• The Missouri Valley conference issued its predictions and Creighton was the top pick. Southern Illinois, Illinois State, Drake, Bradley, Northern Iowa, Indiana State, Evansville, Wichita State and Missouri State round out the league. The top five in this league will all be competitive enough for postseason berths. It's still amazing to me how far Wichita State has fallen since Mark Turgeon left. I wonder if Gregg Marshall would have rather stuck it out at Winthrop and seen if he could have landed South Carolina last spring when Dave Odom retired. Instead, he was in Kansas while Darrin Horn of Western Kentucky was the opportunistic one, landing the job after a Sweet 16 appearance.
                        Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
                          http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...ndy-Katz%22%7D

Since @WuDrWu: is bringing up old threads and this is a HCGM thread, I thought I would throw this out there for a good laugh......

• The Missouri Valley conference issued its predictions and Creighton was the top pick. Southern Illinois, Illinois State, Drake, Bradley, Northern Iowa, Indiana State, Evansville, Wichita State and Missouri State round out the league. The top five in this league will all be competitive enough for postseason berths. It's still amazing to me how far Wichita State has fallen since Mark Turgeon left. I wonder if Gregg Marshall would have rather stuck it out at Winthrop and seen if he could have landed South Carolina last spring when Dave Odom retired. Instead, he was in Kansas while Darrin Horn of Western Kentucky was the opportunistic one, landing the job after a Sweet 16 appearance.
                          Interesting that this item followed:

• Saint Mary's coach Randy Bennett could have easily gone to Oregon State. Why did he stay? "Because I like it here," Bennett said last week in his office, which is adorned with multiple Australian flags. Bennett has had a history of luring Aussies to Saint Mary's and has five on this season's roster. "I like the players, the staff and the school. I like what it's about."
                          Bennett is entering his eighth year at the school and his decision to stay in Moraga will help Saint Mary's stay competitive with Gonzaga atop the WCC for years to come.

Six years later, both coaches are still where they like to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
                            http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...ndy-Katz%22%7D

Since @WuDrWu: is bringing up old threads and this is a HCGM thread, I thought I would throw this out there for a good laugh......

And here's an update of the opportunistic Darrin Horn

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/05/23/597111/darrin-horn-looking-for-way-back.html

Although I think Marshall would've been a lot more successful than Horn was.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                We can agree to disagree. I believe some make more of statements than what may be there or they believe is there.

In any case, if JH4P's intent of a more than one word answer was to incite, the responses "fed the bear" and he succeeded.

If his reply is left alone, regardless of any intent, it goes for nothing more than an answer.
                                Your meter, sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X